Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter nineteen

"Zanza?" Noren asked confused as the man stopped where he was.
I didn't give the man another chance to say anything else. I grabbed Noren and started to drag him behind me. The man shouted a word and magic crackled around us. With a wave of my hand I slice right through the spell he had laid out and kept running. I had to get him away from that man as fast as I could. Then I had to get out of this village.
"What's going on Lizette?" Noren asked trying to make me let go of him.
"Just go back to the hall and warn everyone that there is a magician here. I'll lure him away." I said not answering his question in the slightest.
"No tell me what's going on!" He demanded catching my arm just as I was about to run off.
I looked at him and saw the determination burning in them. He wasn't going to let go until I told him. Which was the last thing I wanted to do. But it was the only thing I could do.
"Look my real name is Zanza and for some reason I don't know a prince is chasing me. He wants to sue my powers moron!' I shouted when he looked dumb.
"What power?' he asked his eyes growing wide.
"The power I have because I'm an Elvern!' I shouted finally breaking free from him.
I didn't look back at him as I ran away. That word was enough power over someone to stun them as well as a bucket of cold water. But I didn't have time to think about that. I raced back the way I had come feeling the mans magic through the trees as I passed them. When he saw me he started to run after me as I dashed back into the wood. I knew he would follow me, there was no doubt in my mind. What I was worried about was what would happen to the village? The prince was notorious for destroying those who crossed him. Would he do anything to the village?
"You cannot run Zanza!" the man shouted.
"Watch me!" I shouted back putting a little burst of speed into my footfalls.
I think it was only his magic that let him keep up with me. When we were far enough from the village I turned around and faced him. He slowed breathing harder then someone normally would.
"Return *gasp* with *gasp* me Zanza." He said trying to get more words out.
"Uh let me think about that. No."
"Then you *gasp* leave me no choice."
He stood up to his full height and started to summon his magic. I didn't let him get that far. While he was catching his breath I'd reached into the trees around us and asked them for help. They were happy to oblige. Vines lashed out and wrapped around him before he even had time to chant a spell. Once they were secure i motioned for them to hang him upside down. Hid long hair fell to the ground as I whistled a little tune. He was not impressed.
"These vines won't hold me for long Zanza." he informed me acting the superior magician.
"No I think they will." I said tapping his nose before I dashed away.
There was no way that I would let him find me again. I now knew that where ever he was the prince would not be long behind. I stopped only once to look back in the direction of the village. The I disappeared into the morning light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sanderson- "Can someone get me down from here?"