Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty

I don't care what you say I'm going after her!"
"Don't be rash, her kind only leads to trouble!"
"I don't care!"
* * * *
I had gone along way when I stopped. The sun was blazing overhead now, I had done nothing but run up until now. Swiping a hand over my forehead I noticed the plant was still there.
"Why didn't you stay?" I asked the plant moving up my arm to get closer to the sun.
It felt like ti was saying that it didn't want to leave me.
"Alright then but I have to keep moving we won't stop for water for a while." I told it.
That's okay it replied.
I sighed then started to move again. The trees offered what shade they could as I walked. I thanked them as I passed, placing a hand on their trunks. I heard the sound of water burbling ahead of me, cautiously I walked towards the sound. There was a river cutting through the wood. At first all I wanted to do was run over to it and take a long drink, but things were never that simple in the wood. You never know if the river you're about to drink from is enchanted or not.
Moving over to it, I leaned down to speak to the spirit. It would know if the water was spelled.
"Excuse me?" I asked sitting a little back so I wouldn't fall in.
Yes? The sound was like bubbles floating on the breeze.
"I was wonder whether the water was safe to drink?"
It is safe for animals but not humans.
"I see, is there any water that a person can drink?" I asked a little diasapointed.
You should have no problem drinking the water child of the earth. You have my permission to drink. The voice faded as it spoke.
I hesitated but since I had no supplies I bent down and cupped some of the clear water in my hands. It was sweet, I expected nothing else. I drank my fill then drizzled some on the plant. It drank greedily, it must have been as thirsty as I was. I felt like sitting there for the rest for the day, but the appearance of that man had set me on edge. So after a few moments I stood up and jumped over the water. I had a long day ahead of me.
* * * *
"Stanton what are you doing upside down?" I asked puzzled by the strange sight before me.
"Well my prince I was pursuing the girl and she trapped me here." He replied as if at the moment he wasn't swinging upside down in the air.
"I see."
I pulled out my sword and started hacking away at the vines. I could hear them scream in my mind but I ignored it. Once he was free I steadied him then turned and looked around. She had changed her shoes, the ones she was wearing left footprints in the ground. And they were fresh.
"Come along Stanton my bride awaits." I said sheathing my sword.
"Yes my prince." He replied only swaying slightly from the experience.
* * * *
I watched the two men started to follow her path. They had no idea I was there. And I would keep it that way until I found her. She was in more trouble then she knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
End Transmission