Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty eight

"I am pleased to meet you Zanza." The king said from across the table I was currently sitting at.
I nodded but kept my head down. There was nothing I wanted to do more then to A: leave and never return and B: shove something sharp and pointy down the kings neck.The letter inviting us had arrived late at night and we had no choice but to come. I even had to put on a dress which was starting to annoy me. It had been three hours since the dinner had started and I was even more bored and irritated then I had been before. I looked across the table at the prince who was enjoying himself and scowled. He could go before his father.
"Is there something wrong?" The king asked noticing my scowl.
"No sir. I was just thinking about something." I answered setting my fork and knife down so I wasn't tempted to use them.
"Do tell. I am interested in knowing what could bring a scowl to such a beautiful face."
"I was thinking about how in the woods the giants have started to move. It means there will be an early winter this year." I explained.
"Ah yes that is troubling. However our realm will be safe and tucked back from the storms." The king dismissed the notion as if it were a servant he could order away.
I hid my scowl this time and thought about making a run for it. Not a good idea with the way the guards were standing by the doors. There were more outside. By best chance to get away would come when we left heading back to the prince's castle. So for now I was stuck eating the horrible food they were placing in front of me and acting like I wanted to be there.
Halfway through the meal the prince stood up and clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. All the conversation died down as he stood there smiling.
"Father, I have brought you a present for your enjoyment." He said winning an approving smile from the old man.
"And pray tell son what is this gift you have brought?" The king asked as I stared at my plate.
"A creature, who changes form when the night come." He said clapping his hands again as I looked up startled.
A moment later three guards came into the room towing Noren behind him. He was covered in chains from head to toe and he could barely move. His appearance had shifted to his animal form which was met to the approval by everyone. He stopped and one of the guards stuck him in the back with the tip of his spear to get him moving again. I growled low in my throat at this display and the lady beside me turned and regarded me curiously.
"A strange beast. His head will look good on my mantel." the king said standing up and walking over to Noren.
"Don't you dare touch him!" I snarled banging my hands on the table.
The king turned to me a strange look on his face. The prince was watching me also a smug look on his. He knew this would set me off, it was a good opportunity to get rid of his father. I knew all this and still I wanted to rip the mans guts open to keep him away from my friend. The king stopped then slowly a smile crept on his face.
"Of course my dear, if you want to finish the creature yourself. By all means I cannot deny a beauty such as you." The king said holding his hands out for a weapon.
I growled again. Slowly I walked over to the king. He held out a spear for me. I'm sure the prince would have wanted me to shove it into his father and the king wanted me to slay the beast. Neither of them was expecting me to slice the chains. Noren sprang up and dashed for the window. I tossed the spear at it and shattered the glass allowing him to escape. Once it was done I faced the crowd and bowed cheekily.
* * * *
"Why did you release him?" The prince asked as we sat in the wagon.
"I don't have t answer you." I replied.
He looked away obviously upset. I couldn't blame him, he had a plan and I had ruined it. Of course that was my plan. And now Noren was free. I couldn't be happier. I smiled then pulled out the flute I had been given and started to play it. The sounds seemed to soothe him. I played as long as it took to get back to the castle. Once we were there the prince waved off the guards that had surround the wagon and we were able to get out. There had been no opportunity for me to escape which is why I was stuck being shown to my room. I would get out somehow.