Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter twenty nine

I woke up late the next morning. But it didn't matter. Unlike home where I had to get up and do chores there was nothing for me to do here. I was starting to feel useless. every time I even suggest cleaning my room myself or helping in the kitchens the maids would freak out and push me into the library or out into the training yard. It was like I had said I was going to do something horrifying from the way they reacted.
I looked at the light streaming through the curtains told me that it was around mid day. but I would have known that from the sounds of training erupting in the ground. Getting up i changed into the clothes I found at the edge of my bed (I still couldn't figure out how they got in here without my noticing) which included a training outfit as well as a dress for later if I chose to change. I never did.
After changing I opened my window and was glad to see that barrier that had been around my room had been taken down. Each night it was put up and every morning it was taken down so I could move about the castle. I resented it but it really was my fault. Around the first week I'd been here I tried to escape six times. Climbing out now I sighed then jumped into the training yard that was right below my window. The men who saw me coming moved out of the way.
"Good afternoon Lady Zanza." The captain of the guard said as he walked over.
"Good afternoon. May I join you?" I asked.
"Of course shall we set you up with the targets again?" He asked gently taking my arm and leading me over to the targets set out for shooters.
Over the few weeks he got over his grudge against me and I came to like him in an elderly sort of way. We took our spots and I closed my eyes. Everything slowed around me as I drew the string back. The wind blew across my face twirling itself around my hair until it moved on. The slowly I opened my eyes as I let loose on my arrow. It soured through the air and hit the target straight on as his did.
"Very good. You are starting to open your eyes now." He clapped me on the shoulder and I smiled up at him.
"Thank you Mos."
After we finished shooting he took me over and I learned complex sword dances along with the more trained guards. It was fun, when I fought I didn't have to think at all. I could imagine that this wasn't a prison but a safe place for me.
* * * *
"Brother are you even listening to me!" My elder brother demanded to know as I continued staring out the window.
"No I stopped a while ago." I replied as I watched Zanza swing a sword that was too big for her.
"You cannot be seriously thinking of marrying that girl! She is a danger! She should be exterminated like the rest of her race!" My brother stood up trying to convince me.
I moved so fast he only had time to let out a gurgle as my hand wrapped around his throat. I slammed him against the wall and held him there suspended in air for a few moments before I let him drop to the ground coughing.
"She is mine. No one will hurt her. And if anyone tried I will slaughter them without mercy." My voice was cold as it always was.
He stared at me then lowered his head.
"I remember when the sight of blood made you squeal. What changed?" He asked once he could talk.
"Everything."
I walked out of the room informing the maids that were waiting that my brother would be leaving. They nodded and raced in to help him as I walked away. I paused at a window that overlooked the training yard and was rewarded with the sight of Zanza's smile. She was soo cute when she was around weapons.
* * * *
"Ah look it's the prince!" Mos said looking up towards one of the windows.
I looked up as well my good mood spreading all over my body. Without thinking I waved a huge smile on my face.
"Good Morning!" I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping he would be able to hear me.
He waved back a small sad smile on his lips. Without thinking I ran at the wall and grabbed a hold of the ivy that was clinging to it. Or more to say it grabbed a hold of me. With it's help I rushed up the side of the wall until I reached the window he was at. He looked surprised as I knocked on the window.
"Yes?" He asked in an amused tone.
"Good morning." I said making sure he heard me this time.
"Actually it's afternoon." He said making a joke.
"Then good afternoon."
Before he could say anything else I bonked him slightly on the top of his head.
"Got you." I stuck out my tongue before flipping backwards and dropping back into the training yard. I waved again then went back to my training.
* * * *
I flopped to the tiles and placed a hand over my heart. She had gotten me, alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
UH oh. Zanza stop doing things when you're happy! I demand it as your creator!
Zanza - No
Alright I can't beat you anyway.