Status: I couldn't get into my last story so I wrote this. I apologize to any who read it and hate it.

Close My Eyes

Chapter thirty

My days fell into a routine after that. Each day I would get up around the time the guard would be training and join them. After that I would run around the castle keeping ahead of Stanton who wanted to test some of his spells on me to find out their side effects. At night the prince would ask me to join him for dinner and I would have to fight off the maids who were sent to dress me. He always found it amusing when they won.
"Strange. I haven't felt Noren's presence at all since he escaped." I said looking out a window.
I could see the wood from it. A small line in the distance. Sighing I jumped up as a spell blasted the place where I had been sitting.
"Lady Zanza will you please hold still?" He asked resetting the spell as he appeared around the corner.
"Let me go to the village and I will." I said from the pillar I was hiding behind.
"You know I can't allow that you may run away again."
I stuck out my tongue and started running as he fired more spells. The were harmless but my previous encounter with his magic told me that running away was the best option. He chased me until I hid and waited for him to pass by. Sighing I turned and started back the way I'd come. Ever since I'd gotten here the only time I was let out of someone's sight was when they were all too busy to notice or when I was bathing. Reaching up I grabbed onto a low hanging beam and swung there for a few minutes. It had been days since the guards left to do something and I had more energy then I knew what to do with. Flipping so I was hanging upside down I crossed my arms and thought about everything that was happening. Winter was coming fast, and once it did I wouldn't be able to escape. I had to get out while I could. Flipping back I dropped to the floor surprising some maids.
"Excuse me can you tell me where I can find the gardens?" I asked before they could get away.
"I'm sorry miss we don't have any." The maid said terrified.
"Of no it's alright I forgot."
Turning away I walked down the hall sighing. I was staring to feel like a lost seed. There were no plants anywhere. The ones that were got replaced with glass ones. They were horrible to look at. Jumping out a nearby window I planted my feet in the dirt and sighed. Pulling off the shoes I was forced to wear I sat down and buried my toes in the dirt. It was heaven.
"And what are you doing now?" An amused voice asked.
I looked up and found myself looking at the prince.
"I was playing in the dirt." I replied wiggling my toes.
"Why would you want to do that? You'll just get dirty." He held his hand out to me and I took it allowing him to pull me to my feet.
"Because I missed the feeling of the earth. there are no plants here so I was feeling lonely." I said looking down at the bare strip of earth.
He nodded as if he understood then grinned. Before I knew it he had grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it at me. I shrieked as if got all over my clean clothes then glared as he started laughing.
"You are so going to get it!" I shouted scooping up some mud that was nearby.
"I'm soo afraid!" He said before turning and running away.
I chased him around finally smearing the mud on his face. he got me back by picking me up and throwing me into the mud head first. I was laughing so hard by the end that I forgot to remember he was my enemy. I pulled down into the mud along with me and he surfaced laughing as well. We must have looked a sight!
"I haven't laugh like this in so long!" I breathed after a moment.
"I'm glad. Before we get clean I forgot to tell you our wedding will be in a few days." he smiled as he patted my head.
"Our wedding?" I asked in an unbelieving tone.
"Yes, the day we become man and wife. Oh I have to go meet with my brother. We've scheduled a hunt for the wedding feast. We leave today." He got up as I stayed their unbelieving.
He patted my head again then took off. I sat there then flopped down to the ground. Here was my proof. HE IS INSANE!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, yes he is