For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

Friends In High Places

Kevin’s point of view

“Whoa,” Harry gasped once I’d finished telling him what was going on between Drew and Kier. Oh we’d definitely been wondering, when we’d first met up with the FVK guys to confirm the tour, the pair of them seemed closer than close, and now… well, I’m sure you already know about now.

I nodded down at Harry, pulling him closer to my chest. We were sitting in my cramped bunk at the very back of the small tour bus we had, wrapped up in each other’s arms and cuddling like the right saddos we are. “I know,” I sighed, pressing my lips to his hair, “I feel bad for the kid, that’d be like… what if I’d reacted like Kier when you told me you liked me?”

“Well, we wouldn’t be sitting squashed up in your bed, would we?” he chuckled, “but no that’s horrible, poor Drew.”

“Yeah,” I sighed, he told me that he didn’t like being around with his the other guys in his band either. Not even Shane, his best friend. Apparently he felt like he was annoying them with his ‘whiney, depressing attitude’, the poor kid. We need to fix that, or at least let him hang around with us until he felt better about himself? I have no idea. “What do we do about it?” I asked, letting my head fall back and hit the wall behind me.

“I don’t think there’s much we can do,” Harry shrugged before he leant up and pressed his lips to mine, “but we’ll think about that tomorrow. Right now we need sleep.”

I nodded in agreement, tightening my arms around his waist as I kissed him again; this time the kiss was longer, slower as we both tried to savour every single moment of it. “Night Kev, love you,” he giggled and swung his legs over the side of my bunk, dropping down onto the floor beneath.

“Love you too,” I smiled and watched as he pulled himself up onto one of the other top bunks at the other side.

-

I grinned as I drummed my hands along the whole left side of Fearless Vampire Killers’ van, trying to contain my laughter as I was met with a chorus of groans from inside the vehicle. “WAKE UUUP!” I sang, thumping the metal door on the side another couple of times. Not long later, the door was pushed open and slid along the side, Laurence half-fell out of the van and glared up at me, his eyes half-lidded with sleep.

“Not cool,” he pouted and rolled over, pulling himself out of the van and falling onto the concrete ground at my feet. I nudged his shoulder with the tip of my muddy converse shoe lightly, before turning my attention back to the rest of his band. By now, Shane and Luke had both clambered out of the van, and Drew was sitting on the edge of the door frame, staring at his feet. I sighed, sidestepping past Laurence as I made my way over to Drew.

I sat down on the van beside him, draping my arm over his shoulders, “smile, kid,” I smiled at him. He offered me a weak smile back, not looking up from his feet. I glanced up at Shane who just sighed and shrugged before bending down to help Laurence up. “We gotta go and get set up, you coming?”

“Yeah,” he mumbled before he looked over his shoulder to where Kier was still in the van, sleeping. Lazy git; no Kier is great, he’s such a nice guy, so dead on too but he’s been a proper cunt to Drew and I love Drew, he’s so small and cute yes.

He stood up and began to quickly move towards the venue, he caught Shane’s hand on the way past and pulled him along behind, seeming eager to get inside and away from the van. I frowned, still sitting on the edge of the doorframe. “I wouldn’t bother,” Luke shrugged, “we’ve been trying to get him involved with us all for three months now and it’s just making him worse.”

“Maybe so,” I heard a new voice chime in, Laurence stood to the side to reveal a smaller person, his adorable American accent and stupid-looking-yet-adorable emo fringe identifying him as, well, I’m sure you can guess. “But you never had Harry Radford before! I heard that guy can cheer anyone up or get anyone together.”

“Since when?” I chuckled, jumping up to my feet before walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist, “the only thing that guy can do is dress like a twat.”

“I dress amazingly, I’ll have you know!” he defended, prodding my chest with his index finger.

“Of cooooourse you do, Harry,” I stuck my tongue out and pulled him closer to me, making sure he couldn’t huff and run away. It was true though, if anyone was going to get Drew and Kier together, or at least talking again, it would be Harry. I just hope it actually works.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yashin, Yashin everywhere. BUT IT'S SO CUTE OK YES.