Rocking The House

From Montreal, With Love

As we left the Air Canada centre with Colby I noticed a few stragling fans waiting outside.

"Hey Army, you should give the jersey you got me to those kids." I said, pulling the jersey out of bag.

"Great idea Sid." Jack said pulling his jersey over his head. We handed them over to Colby and then hung back while he approached the kids. The looks on their faces when he gave them the jersey's was priceless. This was part of the reason why I do what I do for a living. Jack and grinned at each other before heading over to Colby's car to wait for him.

"Dude, I can't wait for Montreal tomorrow."

"Me either buddy, it's going be fun." I laughed

"What are you guys laughing about?" Colby asked, unlocking his car.

"Just thinking about what kind of trouble I can get Sid into in Montreal."

"From what I have heard you guys have done the past week, I don't think that will be hard." Army teased as he put the car in drive. "Let's go, I know an awesome late night place where we can get some grub."

***************

We left the following morning, much to the dismay of Cruise. He cried when we told him to say bye and jumped into Jack's arms.

"Bye little buddy." Jack said, giving Cruise a big hug. He gave him back to Mel and waved good bye before getting into the car.

"That was harder than I thought." Jack frowned. "I'm gonna miss the little bugger."

"Who knew? Jack Johnson is a softy when it comes to kids." I teased. He huffed at me before reclining his seat and closing his eyes. Yes, now I could listen to my own music and I could just drive.

Shortly before we got to the Ontario/Quebec border I woke Jack up. "Keep your eyes open. The Provincial sign is coming up, the same one from Bon Cop Bad Cop."

"Bon what? You woke me up for what?"

"You've never watched Bon Cop Bad Cop? What kind of hockey player are you? It's a classic French Canadian movie."

"Well that's why I haven't watched it Sid, I don't speak french."

"It's all subtitled you idiot. We'll watch it when we get to the cottage. Anyways, there is a part in the movie where there is a dead guy who is hanging over the sign. Half in Ontario and Half in Quebec and the two detectives are arguing over who's jurisdiction it is. They climb up to examine the body and one of the guys loses his balance and long story short the body ends up ripping in half. It's actually pretty funny."

"Doesn't sound funny, it sounds gross." Jack said, closing his eyes.

"Seriously, the guy who plays Bettman is a short midget who's name is Buttman. How can you not love that?"

"If it makes fun of Gary, I'll watch it. But it still doesn't sounds funny."

"Whatever Jack, you'll know what I'm talking about when you watch it."

We arrived on the island of Montreal and I immediatley tuned it into The Buzz, it was by far the best radio station in the area and it was english, which was nice. Jack finally woke up as we were stopped at a red light.

"Wow, it feels like I'm in a whole nother country. Everything is in french, even the stop lights look different."

"Yes, Quebec likes to be different than the rest of the country. In Montreal you can't turn right on a red light either."

"Say what? How can that be illegal?"

"I don't know, maybe you should ask the Premier or something." I chuckled. Jack had been to Montreal only to play so this should be a whole new experience for him. I pulled up the Fairmont and hoped that we would be able to get a room for the night. I liked the Fairmont, it was where we stayed when we came here to play and it was attached to the subway so we could get around a lot easier. I handed my keys to the valet and made our way into the lobby, stopping at the front desk.

"Good afternoon, welcome to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth."

"Hi, how are you?" I asked the front desk agent.

"I'm well, Merci." I loved Montreal, it may be in Quebec but you could live in this city and only speak English.

"Do you have any rooms available for tonight?" I asked.

"Let me have a look." She looked up at me and blushed. I knew she recognized me. "Well it seems that all I have available is a one bedroom suite on the Fairmont Gold floor. It has a king bed and a pull out bed as well. The rate for tonight is $499."

"I'll take it. Jack you get the couch!" I yelled over to him. He was over a the concierge desk flirting with the employee who worked there." He raised his crutch in acknowledgement and went back to what he was doing. I handed the girl my credit card and gave her my registration information.

"Will you need a hand with your bags Mr. Crosby?"

"No, we'll be okay. Thank you." I smiled as I went to pick up Jack and save the poor girl he was trying to take advantage of.

"Come on Jack, we gotta go."

"Go where? I'm having fun here with Alicia."

"Well Alicia is working, and I'm hungry. So maybe once Alicia is off her shift you can call her or something, but right now we're going to eat."

"Yes Dad." He pouted and then followed me up to our room.

"So where are we going to eat?" He asked.

"It's Montreal, we're going to the most iconic place around."

"Okay, and that is?" He asked.

"Schwartz! Nothing like a good ole smoked meat sandwhich with a giant kosher pickle and a cherry Coke. The place is gross, I don't think they have cleaned the grease trap in fourty years but the food is awesome."

"Sounds like my kind of place! I'm hungry just thinking about it." He leaned back and patted his stomach. Jack Johnson, the bottomless tank. I can't believe he hadn't eaten at Schwartz before. Usually the guys would go out after a game or order in. This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovely readers. I'm sorry this one isn't as funny as most, it's kind of a filler chapter. I've been having some writers block with these guys and I'm worried that I might be running out of steam. So I'm going to think about it for a day or two and hopefully come up with some awesome ideas.

As always, thanks for reading and commenting and recommending. If you haven't already done so please let me know what you think and please help me get the story out there by recommending and subscribing!!