Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Take Me Dancing

Six Feet Under The Stars

"What! You kissed her!? Clean in mate!"
I grimaced as Dave's loud voice carried around the library. I peeked over my book on "Study Methods For You" and made a shushing gesture with my finger.
"Not so loud. We'll get kicked out...again." Dave shot me a cocky smirk and leaned over the table towards me. He slowly lowered my book so we were face-to-face. I suddenly felt very exposed to his eager eyes.
"So, was she any good?" He winked at me as I rolled my eyes. I don't even know why I call him my best friend sometimes.
"Dave, that's not the point." I tried to muster my best glare but it only seemed to egg Dave on further.
"Can't have been that good then. So are you going to meet tonight then?" I merely shrugged my shoulders in response and went back to my book. Was I going to see her tonight? Wasn't there rules to this sort of thing though? Like wait 48 hours or something before you call? I voiced my thoughts to Dave who shrugged his shoulders and screwed up his face in concentration.
"I remember my sister going mental because the guy she was seeing didn't call her back after like...a day. Maybe you should call her, just to be safe." I took this as fair logic and decided I'd call when I got home. The shrill bell sounded telling us it was the end of our study period. Dave and I moodily got up and headed to our next class - maths. Great.

****

I held the phone at an arms length away from me as it started to ring, like it had an infectious illness. Every ring made my heart jump with anticipation until -4 rings later- I heard the smooth musical voice from the other end.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's Peter. I was wondering if you fancied meeting up?" I heard rustling at her end. Was she outside?
"Oh hi! Yeah that sounds great. Where do you wanna meet?"
"Um...at the Coffee shop?" She mumbled in agreement and we both hung up. Right, now what to wear....

After much thought I decided I'd play it cool and opted for just a checker shirt and skinny jeans. I quickly ran a hand through my wavy hair and skidded down the stairs.
"I'm away out mum! I'll be back at 9!" I was out the door before I could hear a reply and was sprinting towards the little Coffee Shop where I first set eyes on Dana. It was much further away then I first anticipated so when I swung the shop doors open and spotted Dana sitting by the window, looking down right gorgeous, I could only wheeze a greeting.
"Did you run all this way?" I nodded, trying to catch my breath as I slid into the seat opposite her. She giggled and took my hand in hers. Electricity ran right up my arm at her touch and I held in a shiver. "I have something to show you! Come on." She had jumped out her seat and was tugging on my hand, motioning for me to do the same. Groaning I got back out of my seat and ran out the shop with her.

She dragged me all the way across town, giggling the whole way, until we came to a large hill. Already I was panting and I wasn't looking forward to this hike up but Dana wasn't having it and practically pushed me all the way up. By this time it was getting quite dark, the sun slowly descending into the horizon. With a great heave we both collapsed onto the ground. We lay like that for what felt like an eternity, the only sound was our voices as we chatted and laughed, everything else was silent as the dead. Dana soon gave a squeak of delight and pointed up at the sky. Stars were now scattered all over the sky like dots of paint on a black canvas. They winked down at us and I looked over at Dana who had a smile so wide it reached her ears. I shuffled closer to her and put a careful arm around her shoulders, tangling my fingers in her long hair. She gave a content sigh and leaned against me as she stared longingly at the diamonds in the sky.
"It's moments like this Peter that make you feel truly alive." And I couldn't have agreed more.

That was the moment I realized I had found my diamond in the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update for you! Hope you enjoy :D Really getting into this story now, hope you feel the same haha. Comment and subscribe if you liked it, thanks :)