Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Twenty-One

"This place looks like it's going to be fun." I comment as Alex and I lean up against the side of my car, looking up at the cabin. It looked slightly run down but it had woods surrounding it and plenty of places to play in the snow.

Which, Jack was currently playing in. Making snow angels and trying to get us to join in on a snowball fight but we declined. It was cold out but we couldn't get inside until Rian and the others showed up as Ri had the keys.

"Have you text Kara? Where are they?" Alex asks, rubbing his hands together to keep them warm. I pull out my phone and look at my phone just in time for Kara to respond.

From: Kara
Two minutes away.


"They are just a couple of minutes away." I tell Alex who nods.

"So, after we get unpacked and get the place cleaned up, what do you wanna do first?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against him. I lean into his warmth, burying my hands in the folds of his jacket.

"I'm not sure. Any ideas?" I look up at him smiling. He smiles back, rubbing his hands up and down my back. We hear Jack yelling to himself about how much fun this was but we ignored him.

"The thing I wanna do most is you," He answers, just as I thought he would, making me laugh. "but I'm assuming that's not an option so I kind of just want to cuddle in front of a nice warm fire with you for a bit. I've lost feeling in my fingers. And as the cabin hasn't had anyone in it in years, it's going to be cold as fuck in there for a bit until the heat kicks in, cuddles would be perfect."

"That actually sounds perfect." I pull back, taking his hands in mine. I rub them between my fingers, trying to make friction and warm them. He smiles at me and leans down to kiss me softly. I don't think I'd ever get tired of feeling his lips on mine. Over a year and it's still just as magical. It was crazy how much a person could mean to you.

Just then, Rian's car appeared in the driveway and stopped behind mine.

"Zack! My love!" Jack yells and runs at Zack who had just gotten out of the car. He sees Jack coming and just in time is able to shove Jack away, making him land in a pile of snow and all of us laugh.

"Everyone's such a bitch." Jack grumbles. "I'm going back to my snowman." He then turns and runs back to where had been before where sure enough, he had begun building a snowman.

"Alright, let's get inside and take a look at everything and make a fire and turn on the heat so it warms up as quickly as possible." Rian says as he and Kara get out of the car. Kara comes up to me and huddles against my side, already cold. "Then we can get the place cleaned up and unpack. Make it home for the next two weeks."

"Sounds good to me." Alex says, making us all nod in agreement. So, we follow Rian up the stairs and to the door.

"Jack! Come on!" I yell and wave him towards us. He actually listens and runs up the stairs to us.

"Let's get this shit started!" Rian then gets the door unlocked and we all rush inside. The place was huge, tall vaulted ceilings, a large living area with antique looking couches and rugs made out of animal skins.

"This place is great, Ri!" I exclaim, hearing sounds of agreement from everyone else.

"Let's get started!" So, while the guys went out and began to bring all of the things from the cars inside, Kara and I went around the house. We took the old and dusty sheets off of the beds and the towels from the bathrooms. We found a closet in the hall to put them in, since we wouldn't be using them.

"Here's the cleaning stuff. Need any help?" Alex asks as he puts the box of cleaning supplies on the counter where I stood. I smiled and shook my head.

"Just go help the guys finish unpacking the car. Then you all can start a fire, as I'm sure it will take many of you to figure it out." He gives a sarcastic laugh and sneer before leaving the kitchen. I laugh and grab some cleaning wipes. Kara finds a vacuum in a closet and goes about vacuuming basically the entire house while I wipe down counters and dust everywhere. Soon, the place looked and felt much nicer. It was starting to warm up with the heater on and the guys were almost finished with the fire.

"Let's get these sheets on and then everyone can get unpacked." Kara says as we carry the sheets that we brought to the bedrooms. We go to mine and Alex's room first and make quick work of the bed and then each do two of the twin size beds in the other rooms.

"Alright, let's go make us all lunch. I'm starving after all of that work." I suggest. She gratefully nods and follows me out of the room and down the hall into the living room where the guys cheer as they finally get the fire started. "Wow, you guys work so quickly." Alex turns and rolls his eyes at me.

"We just take our time to make it perfect." He retorts while the other's nod. Kara and I laugh.

"We're gonna make lunch. Any requests?" Kara asks as we head towards the kitchen.

"Grilled cheese!" All four of them yell in unison. We all stop and stare at them, everyone looking confused.

"I said that because Iz makes delicious grilled cheese." Alex shrugs.

"That's why I said it." Jack says, pointing at his chest. Rian and Zack laugh.

"Us too." Rian says, Zack nodding.

"Well then.. grilled cheese it is." I give them another odd look before Kara and I go into the kitchen. I find a pan in one of the cupboards and wash it quickly while Kara starts buttering up bread.

"So, Jack, Zack and Rian are going to go play in the snow after they eat. Jack wants a snowball fight." I jump at the voice and turn to see Alex in the doorway. I smile at him and nod.

"Are you gonna join them?" I ask while I go about flipping the sandwich that was in the pan. I had a lot of sandwiches to make. Two for each guy and one each for Kara and I. It's a good thing we brought A LOT of food.

"I already told you what I want to do." He responds, walking across the kitchen to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well then.. I'm gonna join them outside." Kara says, taking the sandwich I just finished and putting it on a plate, cutting it in half. Alex and I both laugh.

"We aren't going to have sex, Kar-Bear." Alex says, patting her shoulder. "I just wanna cuddle with her. You are free to join. It'll be nice and warm. I'm sure I could get Rian to join." He nudges her right as Rian walks in, making Kara turn bright red and her eyes widen. Rian frowned.

"I'm gonna join what? It better not be some weird threesome with you and Iz." He says, walking over to the fridge to grab a soda.

"Nah, just a cuddle fest. Clothes included. Kara wants to cuddle with us but we don't want to make her feel like a third wheel so I suggested you join us." Alex explains, shrugging. I keep my back away from Rian, hiding my smile and trying not to laugh. "See, I said you because none of us want to cuddle with Jack because clothes would definitely not be included in his case, not for long anyway. And we all know Zack wouldn't cuddle." I have to turn and give Kara another sandwich, who's face looked like a tomato. She will probably kill Alex after this. I might just sit back and watch. I see Rian's face as I turn and see him just as red as Kara and was looking at her turned back. Alex glanced at me and smirked.

"Well... maybe after the snowball fight." Rian said awkwardly and then left the room. Right as we heard Jack start yelling at him, I burst into laughter. Alex soon joined but Kara punched us both.

"You are fucking dead, Gaskarth!" She punches him again as he laughs again.

"He totally looked into it though." He exclaims, throwing his hands up to block another hit. I laugh and go back to sandwich making.

"Alex, will you get drinks out for everyone and whatever chips you want with these." I try to get the subject off Rian and distract them both with food. It works. Soon, the three of us have plates ready for everyone. We each take two and head into the living room. Kara hands a plate to Rian, Alex hands his two to Zack and Jack and mine are for Alex and I. We then also bring everyone their soda's and it's time to munch down.

"Mmmmm." Zack groans after his first bite. "This is why I called for grilled cheese." He says.

"Yeah, this is amazing, Iz." Rian agrees. I laugh.

"It's just cheese, bread and butter. It's not that complicated."

"Yeah, but when I make this, I always somehow manage to burn it." Alex says beside me on the sofa, shrugging.

"Yeah, me too." Jack agrees.

"That's because you two suck." I retort, grinning as I take a bite. They look hurt when Rian, Zack and Kara nod in agreement. After that it's all talk about the teams for the snowball fight.

"Are you guys sure you won't come?" Rian asks Alex and I as we all take our dishes into the kitchen and into the sink. I'd put them in the dishwasher when everyone was outside.

"Nah, maybe later. I want to relax for a bit." Alex answers. Everyone else leaves the kitchen, going to pad up for the snow.

"We can go out there for a bit, you know? We can cuddle after." I tell him as I begin to load up the dishes. He comes over to help, rinsing them for me and handing them to me to load up.

"I want to cuddle now. I've waited long enough since we got here." He answers. I decided not to push it any further as cuddles sounded perfect to me right now. Soon, the kitchen was clean and everyone else was outside. Alex moved a squishy chair close to the fire and we curled up in it. I relaxed against his warm chest, my head rising and falling with his breathing.

"It's gonna be like this forever, right?" I whisper, running my fingers along Alex's arm that was wrapped around me.

"Well, I suppose we will have to move from in front of the fire eventually. To eat and go to the bathroom and shower and stuff. Rian's family may kick us out eventually, as well." He answers, making me laugh. I look up at him as he grins.

"I mean me and you. Happy and together." His smile turns from a joking one to a sincere and caring one. He brings his hand up to my hair, his fingers playing with the red strands.

"If we aren't together than I'm not happy." He whispers. I smile, feeling my heart pounding.

"Me neither." I whisper right as we both lean forward and press our lips to each others. I curl closer against him, my fingers playing at the hairs at the back of his neck while his slid to my jaw, holding me in place.

"I thought you said no sex!" Kara suddenly yelled from the doorway, making us jump. I laugh and shake my head.

"Kissing doesn't always mean to sex, Kara!" I respond.

"Ten minutes more and it would have been though!" Alex yelled. I laughed and punched his arm. The sweet, romantic air around us was gone but it was still happy and warm.

"Did it get too cold for you?" I ask her as I stand up from Alex's lap.

"Nah, the guys made me come in here and get you guys. You either come willingly or we drag you out." We then hear the guys outside yelling in agreement and saying they'd drug us out in our underwear.

"Well there goes that moment." Alex whispers, resting his hand on my lower back. I look up at him and smile. He smiles back and kisses the top of my head. "Well, let's go show these losers how to have a snowball fight."