Summer Love

dziesięć

That same day the boy had to go to the studio to record a few new tracks. I was in the kitchen helping Karen before the boys were ready to leave. When I sprung the news on them, they needed a few minutes to digest it all.

“Devin,” I swiveled around on the chair to look at the boy, “ready to go?”

I smiled at Zayn, “Yea,” I hopped off the stool, “bye Karen.”

She waved us off as she continued with her cooking.

“I’m sorry,” he took my hand reluctantly, “this is weird.”

“Yes, it is,” I brushed a strained of hair behind my ear, “but it could work.”

I bumped my hip to his, making him chuckle. I tugged at him and we exited the house. I hopped into Liam’s car with Zayn behind me. The ride was pleasant enough, but very quiet.

Zayn and I hadn’t reconnected our hands until we got to the studio. Of course the pap was there, ready for action. I took a deep breath, readying myself for the bright flashes. I couldn’t believe the boys had to live with this. I certainly wasn’t going to get used to it anytime soon.

“Come on, babe,” Zayn looked at me with sad eyes.

“Thanks Zayn,” he helped me out of the truck.

Zayn wrapped his hand around mine and gave it a squeeze. I smiled up at him, reassuringly. Liam locked his vehicle and followed Zayn and I inside the studio. The paparazzi were throwing questions about us and the photos. Zayn didn’t even give them piece of mind. I let him led me into the building, safely.

“Sorry about that,” he let go of my hand.

“No,” I took his hand again, “it’s fine,” I locked his fingers with both of my hands, “thanks again.”

His cheeks flushed and let me keep one of his hands captive. I stayed close to his side and followed him into their usual recording room.

“Lovely of you guys to join us,” I hear Niall shout from the recording booth.

“Sorry,” Zayn and I sat on the beige couch.

I crossed my legs and took his hand into my lap. I traced the bird tattoo on his hand with the tip of my index finger. I trailed my finger up his arm to trace the other tattoos scattered on his arm.

The door creaked open to reveal Louis and Eleanor, “hey guys,” he greeted.

“Hey,” Harry mumbled from his spot in front of the control board.

“By the way guys,” Liam broke the tension in the air, “we have an event tonight. Don’t forget.”

“Oh, Liam,” I jumped from the couch, letting go of Zayn’s hand, “can you invite Danielle to this? I really want to meet her.”

“I don’t think she’ll be able to come,” he folded his arms across his chest.

“Just call her,” I wrapped one arm around his shoulder.

“Fine,” he left the room, taking out his phone.

I took a deep breath and returned to Zayn, continuing my tracing of his tattoos. I was too infatuated with Zayn, I didn’t notice Niall calling my name.

“Devin,” he waved his hand in my face, “It’s time for Zayn to record.”

“Oh,” I let go of his hand.

“I’ll be back,” he pecked my cheek with his soft lips.

“Okay,” I wrapped my arms around my legs as I lifted them onto the couch.

“So, you’re going, right?” I heard Harry ask.

“Go where?”

“To the event? We have an award show to go to,” he explained.

“Oh,” I bit my lip, “I guess, if Zayn wants me to.”

“Why wouldn't he?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged.

Was I really doing this? Was I really going to make it work with Zayn? I still had feelings for Louis. Was it right? It didn’t feel right. I liked Zayn, yes, but I couldn't do this to him. I was regretting my decision, but I had to do it. I couldn't just let the boys image be ruined because of my emotions. I still wanted to talk to Louis about it.

My eyes averted to Louis and I regretted that as well. Eleanor was sitting on Louis’ lap on the couch opposite the one I had been sitting in moments ago. She giggled as Louis talked to her in a whispered voice.

“Dev,” Zayn brought my attention to him.

“Hey,” I smiled up at him, “can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” he returned to the beige couch and I sat next to him.

“About the event,” I took his hand into mine, “I was wondering if you needed a date.”

His lips quirked into a smirk, “I do actually. Would you like to accompany me?”

“I would, indeed,” I snuggled closer to him.

_________________________________________________________________

The recording session took longer than I had expected, but they had to stop to get ready for the show they were going to. Getting ready was easy and quick for me. I decided on a knee length black, button dress with a belt. I put on a pair of gold and black pumps to match and a few accessories to go with the color scheme.

I grabbed my studded clutch and made my way back to the kitchen to find Karen cleaning dishes. I sighed as I sat on a stool. I fiddled with the hem of my dress as I sat there in silence.

“Is there something I can do for you, dear,” Karen spoke up, continuing with her washing.

“Uh,” I looked at the checkered flooring, “I just-” but I couldn't explain to her.

I heard a deep sigh and the scuffing of shoes on the linoleum, “Devin,” Karen’s voice was pointed.

I looked up to see her facing me, arms across her chest, “what?”

“There’s something wrong, please tell me,” she leaned against the counter.

“It’s about boys.”

“ Isn't it always.”

“I don’t want you to think I’m some kind of boy crazed girl, but,” I gnawed at the inside of my cheek, “you know I've met Louis before.”

“Yes.”

“Well, you should know that I fell in love with him.”

I heard her gasp and scurry over to me, “But you’re dating Zayn.”

“I know,” I rushed away from her reach, “I fell for him years ago and now I’m trying to get over him. I feel bad that I’m bringing Zayn into this. Do you think I’m a bitch for doing this?”

“Of course not,” she cooed, reaching her hand to me, “Look,” she took both of my hands into hers, “love is a very complicated thing.”

I sighed, “I know that Karen,” I escaped her grip, “love scares me. When I found out Louis had a girlfriend, my heart was ripped out of my chest. I just really want to heal. I really want to get over him.”

Karen ran hand through her hair, “I’m sorry Devin.”

“It’s fine,” I blinked away the tears that prickled for escape, “I have to get going, but thanks for understanding.”

I jogged out of the kitchen and out the door, trying to get rid of the problem. It still lingered in my mind. I waited outside for Liam to be ready. I sat on the step and hear the clicking of men’s shoes on the pathway to the house.

I lifted my eyes from the darkened ground, to the person emanating the sound. My orbs caught sight of Zayn. His hands were shoved in his trousers and his hair was perfectly quaffed.

“Zayn,” I gasped getting up.

“Wow,” he smiled at me, his eyes scanning my body.

I blushed lightly, “you look good, too,” I walked over to him, “I hope I’m not too casual.”

“Not at all,” he took my arm into his, leading me to the car.

“What about Liam?”

“He’s right behind us,” he nudged his head back.

I glanced behind us and saw Liam, “Oh,” I let go of Zayn, “you never told me if Danielle was coming.”

Liam sighed, “she said she couldn't come, but she would like to meet you.”

“Great,” I giggled, “I can’t wait!”

I jogged back over to Zayn, trying to fall in my heels. A black limo was ready for us. I was helped into the vehicle by Zayn. I slid over and saw the rest of the boy inside. Zayn entered, then Liam took his seat last.

Eleanor was already hand in hand with Louis. Her navy dress looking stunning on her. It was a bit fancier than mine and I thought I would make a fool of myself in public looking like this.

“Zayn,” I turned to face him.

“What,” he looked up.

“Are you sure I don’t look too casual? El-”

“Don’t worry, love,” he patted my hand and took it in his, “you look lovely,” he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

When the limo got closer to the event, my heart beat increased to an alarming rate. This was going to make Zayn and I official. More official than before, because everyone will know now. Every fan will throw harsh words towards me. Fans will hate me for taking their bad boy. There was no turning back now.

“Come on, babe,” Zayn held out a hand to me and led me out the vehicle.

I got out of the car and braced myself for the flashing and hate to get thrown my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Dress

Sorry for the wait. Writers block!!
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Thanks a bunch! :D

X Dani