Summer Love

jedenaście

I fell face first onto my bed once I returned from the award show. There were far too many questions about me. Where was I from? Where do I stay? Why I chose Zayn? These interviewers seriously needed to calm the fuck down.

I threw off my heels and sighed with relief. The night was too long. My brain ached too much to think about anything other than sleep. My dress rode up a bit, but I was too tired to change. I groaned when I heard someone knock on the door.

“Go away.”

“Devin,” Zayn’s voice seemed to echo through the door.

“What?”

“Can I come in?”

“Sure,” I lazily flopped over onto my back.

I watched him open and close the door as he entered my territory, “hello, love.”

“Hey,” I mumbled.

“You look extremely knackered.”

“Um, knackered?”

“Tired. You look tired.”

“Oh, I am far passed knackered. I feel like I’ve been beaten up with a frying pan,” I muttered, “more than once.”

Zayn took a seat next to me and relaxed into the bed, matching my position. He looked over at me and smiled with his perfectly white teeth.

“Ugh,” I fell back into my pillow, “I can’t believe tonight.”

“I know.”

“How many damn questions can interviewers ask? Some were the same, but put together differently. I can’t believe you do this on a daily basis.”

“You get used to it actually. I mean getting asked the same question does get annoying,” he laughed.

“I bet,” I ran a hand through my tasseled hair.

“Well,” he nestled closer to me, “I’m glad I had you around my arm for the show. I liked it.”

I smiled over at him, “I did have fun. It certainly was different.”

“What’s going to happen when you leave?” Zayn asked after a moment of silence.

I sighed as I lay on my side to look at him, “well,” I took his hand into mine, “I’m supposed to leave by the end of the week. I didn’t really expect all of this to happen.”

“Things happen for a reason,” Zayn said as he traced the lines in my palm.

“Yeah, I guess,” I yawned loudly, “sorry,” I sighed, “I’m just literally shot and don’t think I can stay awake for much longer.”

“It’s alright, love,” Zayn stroked my hand, “good night.”

I felt his lips on my cheek. He gently placed his kiss upon my cheek. The last thing I heard before drowning in sleep was his pattered foot steps leaving my room.

_______________________________________________________________


When I awake the next morning, I stretched like a cat. The sun was shining through the thin yellow curtains of my single window. They were drawn back, which wasn't how I liked them. I was still in my black dress and my head still throbbed from all the events from last night.

I got out of bed and trudged through my sleep deprived mind to get ready. I showered. Brushed my teeth. Dried my hair. Got dressed and even did my makeup. I felt like I did a decent job in getting ready and made my way to the kitchen.

“Liam,” I heard Karen’s concerned voice form the kitchen. I instantly stopped, “what do you think about Devin? I mean her situation?”

“What, about Louis and Zayn?”

“Yes,” I heard her sigh.

“She’s an adult. She can make her own decisions, but I don’t like that she drug Zayn into it. I think I would have liked it if she hadn’t done that. The boys are like my brothers and I just met Devin. I really want to get to know her. I just don’t know how to do that. Girls are different than guys. I’m not sure how to go about it.”

“Well, you have a Danielle. Perhaps she’ll be of much more help than me,” Karen laughed.

I stood a few feet from the kitchen and took in what they said. It wasn’t really negative. They were speaking the truth. When I heard Liam say what he said it made me appreciate him more. I waited a few moments before making a dramatic entrance.

“Oh gosh,” I yawned as I made my entrance, “last night was ridiculous. My brain is still fried.”

Liam and Karen both stopped and stared at me. Neither knew what to say. Liam’s eyes looked about the size of oranges. Karen had her mouth wide open.

“It’s fine,” I sighed, taking a seat across from Liam at the small table, “I heard.”

“Oh no,” Karen grumbled.

“It’s okay Karen,” I blew out a breath, “I know what I’m doing is wrong.”

“It’s not that.” Karen shook her hand, stepping closer to me, “we shouldn’t have talked-”

“Karen,” I stood, “I understand. Please breathe.”

“I didn’t mean for-”

“It’s fine,” I nodded before leaving.

When I got back to my room I flopped on the bed. It was something I was begging to get used to. This trip was seriously starting to become a soap opera.

_______________________________________________________________


I awake from the sound of my phone blaring Britney Spears’ Circus. I glared at the clock at my bed side table. It read, eleven forty-two. I had drifted off for two hours without realizing it. I groaned when I lifted myself off the bed.

“What?” I groaned into the receiver.

“Um, this is Devin, right? I hope I got the right number,” a male voice rambled.

“Yes,” I ran a hand over my face.

“It’s Louis.”

At his name, I instantly shot straight up from the bed. I hadn’t truly spoken to him since I got here. Or better yet, have I said more than two words to him in the few days I’ve been here? Now that I think back to it, I really haven’t.

“Uh,” I stammered, “h-hi.”

“Sorry, love,” he coughed, “um, are you, uh, busy?”

“Kind of,” I lied.

“Oh, I wanted to , uh, talk,” I could hear the distress in his voice, “I guess another time, yeah?”

“No, Louis, no,” I sighed, “I lied. I’m not busy. What do you want to talk about?”

“Not over the phone. Can you meet me? I’ll message you the address, okay?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Okay. I’ll see you soon,” he hung up.

I stared at my phone, “uh, okay, bye,” I shook my head.

I was that little girl again. I was that self-conscious fifteen year old girl that found her first love. My insides were like mush. My head wouldn't stop spinning. My legs felt like a thousand pound rocks. I wanted to jump into the tub and cry under the shower all day.

He wanted to talk to me.

Louis wanted to talk to me. About what? My mind wouldn't stop racing with thoughts of him. The past rushed into my head. My vision began blurring at the painful memories of my first love. I wanted to talk to him, but now that is was his decision was I ready? It was so much easier when I was back in America, dreaming about this day. So many scenarios floated around in my mind at the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Outfit (she'll be wearing this in the next chapter, too.)

This is really just a filler. I just realized that Louis and Devin hand't really had much communication and that's what this story is about... About Louis and Devin. So the next chapter will most likely be dedicated to them!
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Please and THANK YOU! :D

X Dani