Summer Love

dziewięć

The next morning, I awake with a severe headache. I rubbed my temples as a groan erupted from my throat. The sheets of my bed were wrapped around my ankles and arms. I struggled to get out of bed. I unwrapped one ankle, but that ended up making me roll out of the bed and onto the hard wooden floor. Another noise came out of my throat and the pain in my head didn’t seem so bad anymore. My knee connected with the wooden floor with a loud thud.

Foot steps were heard outside of my bedroom and soon enough someone entered the room. His eyes scanned the room and searched for me, but I was on the opposite side. I kneeled and banged my leg against the leg of the bed. I moaned in pain yet again.

“Dee,” Liam laughed, “what are you doing?”

“Oh nothing,” my voice cracked, “just injuring myself in the process of unraveling myself from my sheets,” I blew at a stray hair that fell in front of my face.

“Shit,” he muffled his chuckle and walked into the room, “are you okay,” he sat at the edge of the bed.

“Fabulous,” I mumbled and crawled back onto the bed, “what happened last night?”

“You don’t remember?” he asked craning his neck to look at me.

I grumbled and lifted myself up, “I remember some of what happened,” I inspected my injured leg.

“Do you remember what happened with Zayn?” he turned his body to stare at me better.

I groaned in hopes of erasing the memory, “yeah,” I rubbed my hurt knee, “I wish I didn’t.”

It’s true. Zayn and I did make out after dirty dancing with each other. I regretted ever doing that. It felt like a selfish thing for me to do. I didn’t want to led him on. I didn’t want to led anyone on.

“Devin,” Liam sighed.

“I’m sorry Liam,” I felt my eyes burn, “I didn’t mean to. I don’t want to ruin anything. I just-” I gnawed on the inside of my lip, “I just wanted to come here and spend some time with my dad and my step-brother and,” I looked up at him with sad eyes, “I wanted to see Louis just one more time.”

Liam didn’t say anything and I knew why. A tear had escaped my left eye. I rubbed it away quickly before shooting up from the bed. I crossed my arms over my chest. I didn’t want to be that girl to ruin the world famous band. I didn’t even know why these guys found me so attractive.

“Liam,” my voice sounded far, “I’m just really sorry,” I sat next to him.

Liam put his arms around me, “don’t worry.”

I grunted and pushed away from him, “here were are again. I’m acting like your younger sister.”

“Maybe that’s where we differ,” he shrugged.

I snorted at him, “why do you act like you do? It’s just frustrating.”

“I’m not sure why. It’s just how I am,” he shrugged.

I flopped back on the bed, face first. I screamed into the fabrics that covered the mattress. Just then my phone buzzed on the bed side table. I went over to see what made it buzz.

“Liam,” I looked up at him, “would you be mad if I were to pursue a relationship with one of your friends?”

“I already told you that Louis has a girlfriend,” he stood up.

“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes, “but, what about Zayn?”

“What about him,” he placed his fists on his hips.

“Well, it will probably be better than having the tabloids thinking I’m a slut for One Direction,” I pointed out, “look,” I handed him my phone.

“Why do you get news sent to your phone?” he eyed the phone.

“Well,” I huffed out, “I’m part of your crazy world now. I just downloaded this app last night.”

He read the article that was displayed on my phone’s screen. The main article was about the new One Direction girl. There were pictures of me with Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn. No one knew that Liam was my step-brother, so they assumed I was trying to get with him, too.

There was a photo of Harry and I holding hands, arriving at the club. Liam and I were close to one another, talking. That’s all we were doing, was talking. He was my step-brother. Then there was Niall and I having a laugh and drinking at the bar. The worst was of Zayn and I. The picture was of me grinding against him. My back was pressed into his front. I saw the look in his eyes when he stared at me. The last was of Zayn and I kissing. It looked real. It looked like we were a couple and that’s what it said in the caption.

DID BRADFORD BAD BOY GET A GIRLFRIEND?

The rest of the article was basically repetitive. Who I was really with. Which boy liked me and which didn’t. They even mentioned that Louis didn’t and that’s why he wasn't seen with the new girl. It was all false. I wasn't trying to tear apart the band. I barely knew them. I was getting to know them.

“Maybe we should talk to Zayn about this?” Liam tossed the phone back to me.

“Perhaps we should,” I grabbed a clean pair of clothes, “I’m going to get ready for the day,” I leaned against the dresser, “and I think we should figure something out about this. It’s not good for your image.”

“I thought you weren't a fan?” Liam said in a snaky tone.

I scoffed at him, “I‘m not, but I do have to do some research before entering your world.”

“Research?”

“Yes,” I told him, “I googled you guys. I read up on some articles. I know to avoid Harry because he’s apparently a ladies man. Louis does have a girlfriend. Niall loves to eat and drink. He can also play the guitar,” I listed off a few facts, “and my dear little Liam,” I shook my head at him, “you never told me you had a girlfriend. This Danielle girl sounds lovely.”

“Yes,” he nodded as a red color filled his cheeks, “we don’t spend much time together.”

“Oh, yes,” I nodded, “because she’s a dancer and you’re in a boy band,” I rolled my eyes, “you have time now,” I told him, “can’t you go to her sometimes?”

“I could.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re here now. My parents told me to stay for the time being. I can see her whenever. You’re only here for a certain amount of time.”

I gasped at his sudden remark, “well,” I snapped, “I’m sorry for ruining something else for you. It seems that my presence has been nothing more than a huge burden!”

Whatever he said made me feel like I had messed everything up for him. I messed up his life and his friends, and even his parents’ lives. Liam was the one to make me feel like a hurricane that came in to wreck havoc in his life.

I shoved myself passed him and took a shower to wash away last night. I rinsed off an quickly got read for the day ahead of me. The day I wasn't even ready for.

When I returned to my room, Liam was gone. Even though Liam’s words weren't harsh, I still felt bad. I didn’t want to be a burden. I wanted it to be like I had never arrived. Or more so that I wasn't of any relevance. Not that I wanted him to ignore me. I just wish he wouldn't take my arrival as such to stop his own life.

“Devin,” I heard Liam call, “come out to the living room.”

I took a deep breath and stood from the bed. I was ready, but mentally I was on overload. How would all the guys take the news? Will Zayn agree to the idea of dating me? Will Harry be angry or jealous about it? Will Niall not spend time with me? Is Liam going to take the part as older brother instead. What about Louis? Is he going to be fine with it or is he going to hate me for it?

“Hello there, love,” Harry seemed to purr.

“Hey,” I rubbed my hands against my dark jeans.

“So,” Liam popped, “I think we need to discuss what went down last night,” he was the only one standing. I walked closer to the room, “It looks as if the media is writing negatively about us again and it’s mainly about Devin.”

I saw Karen in the kitchen, smiling as she prepared supper. I was now fully inside the living room and I stood beside the couch that was occupied Niall and Harry. I tried to look as calm as I possibly could.

“What did they say this time?” Niall snorted.

“Well,” Liam dragged the word, “ask Devin.”

“What happened Dev,” Harry was the one to question me first.

I took a deep breath and began my short tale, “firstly, I want to say I’m really sorry for causing all this drama. I was never expecting any of this to happen,” I exhaled, “as of late, it’s said Zayn got a new girlfriend.”

“What?” he was confused.

“Don’t you ever go on the internet?” Louis seemed to snap. His eyes were filled with distress.

“Well yeah,” Zayn answered dully, “but last night was pretty bad. I hadn't had the chance.”

“Luckily,” I intercepted, “I downloaded a new app last night. I don’t remember when I downloaded it though,” I laughed nervously, “but your fan base is intense and you have a shit ton of apps and the like,” I bit my lip.

“Just come out with it,” Liam seethed.

“Well,” I crossed my arms across my arms, “Zayn,” I walked over to him, “I have to ask you something,” I got down on one knee, “will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?”

Zayn’s eyes widened at my forwardness. He eyed my position and stuttered a bit before answering. His eyes looked like they would pop out of it’s sockets.

“What?” his voice was weak.

“Will you be my boyfriend?” I repeated rolling my eyes.

“I guess,” his lip quirked at the corners.

“Great,” I kissed his cheek quickly and stood up, slapping my thighs lightly, “now that that’s done,” I turned to the group, “your image is safe!” I clapped alone.

No one said anything. I took in all the faces of the boys. Liam already knew about it, so he was expressionless. His body eased up though. Niall was still confused about what just happened. Zayn was also a bit unsure of what went down. Harry looked like he was going to rip off Zayn’s head and Louis… Louis looked like he would help Harry with his task.

There we go. Devin, the great, messing everything up again. I honestly can’t get anything right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Outfit

There you have it. Zayn and Devin are a couple now. What do you think about that? The next chapter will probably be better, maybe, I hope... I hope you all enjoyed this XD
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Thank you so much!!!!

X Dani