Summer Love

dwanaście

I rushed out of bed and reapplied my make-up. I checked to make sure I looked decent before going to see Louis. My heart still raced. Once I heard his hectic voice on the phone, my heart jolted within my chest. It was hard to concentrate on anything other than the fact that I’ll be talking to Louis finally.

On the way to Louis’, I was nervous. It only got worse when the distance grew less and less. He wanted to met at a public place. I didn’t know if it was a good idea, but I followed his instructions.

I took one last step. My eyes scanned the brick building of the local coffee shop. It was no star bucks, but looked very quaint. There were only a few people in the shop. A good sign that no one would bother us or overhear our conversation. On the other hand it was too vacant. It was easy to spot us in the large windows of the shop. When my eyes flickered into the enormous windows, they found blue orbs. Those very same orbs I feel in love with several years prior.

“Louis,” I smiled once I finally made my way to him.

Louis stood from the stool he sat in a second ago, “Dev,” his smile was pure and innocent.

He offered me a seat and I took it, “so,” I began, “what’s up?”

Before he could go off into story mode, a waitress walked over. Her heels clicked against the tile floors. Her ash blond hair bounced perfectly to her pace. Her hips swayed in a slightly seductive manner.

“Hello,” her accent was thick, “is there anything I can get you?”

“Just a regular cup of coffee, with milk,” I let my own accent flow.

“Of course,” her smile looked strained as she let to fetch for my order.

“Now,” I sighed, looking over at Louis, “why the sudden willingness to talk?”

His fingers played with the rim of his cup. A small amount of steam billowed above the liquid in the cup. His sigh was long and exaggerated. His bottom lip seemed to jolt out. His nerves were present and I knew it. I knew that there was something on his mind that he was afraid to confess.

“Louis,” I spoke being interrupted again, by the waitress.

“Anything else,” she forced politely.

“Nope, thanks,” I smiled at her.

“Just let me know if you need anything else,” she let after a nod from me.

I sighed, looking over at Louis. His eyes were on me. My own emotions getting pushed over the edge. His ocean blue eyes made me lose a breath. I tried to compose myself before speaking again. I didn’t want to sound dazed, nor confused.

“Louis,” I bit my lip, “you know I still have feelings for you,” I looked down at my coffee, “it’s hard seeing you with Eleanor. I know I kind of ruined the perfect life you all had here. I just wanted to let you know that, I’m sorry. I think you and El are adorable together. And hey, I have Zayn now. I mean he’s a bit younger than me, but to each his own. I honestly don’t care about that.”

Louis surprised me when his fingers grazed the back of my hand. His long fingers slid up to my wrist and he held up my hand. I had forgotten I had the ring on. His ring. The ring he gave me many years ago. He thumbed it as a small smile invaded his lips.

“It’s been a long time,” his eyes caught mine, “hasn’t it?”

“It has, yes,” I nodded slowly.

“I never forgot, Devin. Trust me, I never forgot you.”

“I never did either, Louis. When I heard about you being in a boy band,” I rose my brows, “I was, well, surprised. I found out about it not too long ago, because of my sister.”

“You have a sister?” he asked, letting my wrist go.

“Yes,” I folded my hands in my lap, “well, half sister. She’s adorable. She thinks she’s going to marry Harry.”

“Funny,” he chuckled lightly.

“Yeah, she’s eleven.”

“I think she has plenty of time before that happens.”

“Oh yeah. Plenty!” I laughed.

“Devin?”

My eyes wandered over to him. I regretted it in that very second. His eyes were filled with longing and sadness. I had the urge to wrap my arms around him and squeeze him to happiness.

“I still have feelings for you and it’s getting harder each day to stay with El.”

I froze at that point. It was never something I had wanted. If I had known that Louis had a girlfriend, I never would have gone through the trouble of coming. I didn’t want to be that girl. I would be hated by many people. Not the hate that I got for dating a member of one direction, but something much worse. It was a hate only a backstabbing, slut got. The hate only a bitch that tore a couple apart for her own selfish needs… even if those needs were very potent.

“Louis,” I shook my head, “I don’t want that. I want you to be happy with El-”

“What if I’m not?”

“Stop, Louis,” I shot at him, “don’t say that. You need to stay with Eleanor. I’m going out with Zayn. I can’t just end it because you’re willing to give us a try.”

Louis groaned, “it’s just so damn frustrating.”

“I know Louis. I’m starting to like Zayn now. I can’t just do that to him. He’s such a great guy. You wouldn't want me to break him like that, would you?”

“No,” he blew out a breath.

“Okay,” I sipped at the now cold coffee, “I have to go. I have a date with Zayn tonight.”

“Devin?” Louis pleaded as I stepped down from the stool, “just remember me.”

“Louis,” I laughed, “how could I?

“I mean," he racked a hand though his hair, “the old me. The me when we were younger.”

I smiled at him, “Never have,” I waved him off, “say hi to El for me.”

Once I escaped the thick air of the shop, it felt like I could finally breathe. I felt the piercing blue eyes on my back as I walked back to the Payne residence. The sky was dull and looked lifeless. The sun was still out, but a warm breeze flew passed me.

I ran into the house and screamed into my pillow once inside. I was in so much trouble. We both still had feelings for each other. Just by knowing that, it made it harder to stay here. Thankfully, I was leaving in just a few days.

I rushed to change. I didn’t want to wear the same clothes. It felt like I was drenched in feelings for Louis. It was like all his emotions got tied into the fabric of my clothes and it felt heavy. I quickly threw on another skirt and crop top. I laced up my booties and made sure my stockings were hole free. I accessorized minimally, not wanting to waste time getting ready for the date.

I checked the clock once again. It was nearing six in the afternoon. Zayn said after six and it was coming soon. I was never this anxious before, even more than I had been with Louis. Perhaps I got used to him. Maybe it’s because I’m actually developing strong feelings for Zayn? I mean anything is possible, right?

Man, when did my life get so complicated?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Writers block is an ass. I have a few ideas for the next chapter, so hopfully it'll be done within the week... Lots of readers and subscribers. Great. Now get to commenting :D
Subscribe, Comment, and/or Recommend! Please and Thank You SO much!

X Dani