Summer Love

trzynaście

I couldn’t concentrate on anything other than Louis. I waited in my room as I racked through my brain. All the memories of him came rushing in. Everything he had done for me that summer. That magical summer. His bright blue eyes were always giving me nightmares and now that I get to see them in real life… it’s just different. I don’t know what to think of it now.

“Babe,” I heard Zayn’s voice from my doorway.

My eyes flickered up slowly, “hey,” my voice sounded meek.

“Is there something wrong?” he walked over to sit beside me.

“Actually, yeah there is,” I sighed as I fiddled with my thumbs.

His eyelids dropped slightly to look at my thumbs rolling around each other. He slid his hand to mine and held it. I sighed in relieve for the physical contact. It felt like I needed Zayn to get over Louis. I knew I wouldn’t be over him one hundred percent but, any bit helped.

“I want to be open with you. I don’t want to keep any secrets from you,” I traced the lines in his palm, “no matter how big the secret.”

“Okay,” he sounded frightened.

“You know I knew Louis before, right?”

“Of course.”

“Well, we met a few summers ago-”

“Devin, I know.”

“You-” I nearly fell from the bed when my body turned to face him.

“Yeah,” he racked a hand through his perfectly quaffed hair, “Niall mentioned it. But it was after you asked me out,” he chuckled lightly, “he told me that you and Louis were best friends that summer and you two had a thing back then.”

My eyes were wide. My mouth was so open I was about to catch flies. My face reddened with embarrassment and guilt. I felt like a terrible person now.

“It’s fine,” he sighed.

“No, it’s not okay,” I grabbed his hands, holding on to them for dear life, “I still have feelings for him but, I’m starting to like you, too.”

Zayn’s eyes flashed from red then back to his natural brown orbs. He clenched his jaw as he rubbed my hands that held into his. He dropped his head as if he were thinking. I couldn’t read his expression now. My heart began to pound against my chest.

“Zayn,” I squeaked.

He slowly lifted his head, “we have reservations. Let’s go,” he pulled me off the bed.

I snatched my bag off the bed quickly and jogged to keep up with Zayn. His hand was still wrapped around my wrist, dragging me out the front door. I threw back a farewell to Liam who was watching television.

Zayn sped down the road fast, too fast. I barely had the time to buckle myself in. I held onto the seat and prayed that nothing bad would happen. I watched out the window as we passed by houses and buildings that blurred from the speed he was driving at.

“Zayn,” I croaked, “slow down.”

Me talking to him only made him huff and speed up more. I watched him as he made a quick turn and halted the car in front of a restaurant. It looked to specialize in Italian cuisine yet, it looked casual enough for my outfit choice. I wasn't concerned about his choice in food for our date. I was more worried about Zayn himself. He parked in the rear parking lot for the restaurant. He slammed his door shut and started to walk towards the building. His hands were running down his face when I made it to him. I nearly tripped in the act of running after him.

“Zayn,” I reached out to him.

I was cut off by his lips. His perfectly formed lips crashed into mine. His hands held my waist. He pushed me back against the brick structure of the building. My back connected painfully but, I continued kissing Zayn. His chest was pressed against mine firmly. My breast pushed up slightly as an affect of his kiss. I felt my breathing get heavier as we moved.

One of his hands brushed up to my ribs. It gripped onto them. his fingers shyly cupped the base of my left breast. I shivered under the intimate touch. It was a perfect moment to bite my lip but, Zayn’s were covering them. I ended up biting his, which only encouraged him to move his entire hand onto my breast.

I pulled back, making the back of my head hit the brick wall, “stop.”

Zayn stumbled back like I had pushed him away from me. He grumbled to himself and turned to face anything other than me. I caught my breathe before trying to soothe him. I had to make sure we were on good terms. I didn’t want it to be over with the two of us. We couldn’t just end it when the news had just been announced. I didn’t want to be one of those girls.

“I have to say something,” he turned back to me.

“Okay,” I nodded slowly, afraid of what his next move was going to be.

“I was with Perrie later today,” he ran a hand through his hair.

“Perrie? Your ex?”

“Yeah,” he sighed, “we had lunch together. She called me and it-”

“I don’t care Zayn,” I took his hand into mine, “I trust that you didn’t do anything. Just like you should trust that of me,” I tired to calm him down.

“I do,” he pulled me lightly into his chest.

“I’m sorry for upsetting you, babe,” I smiled into the crock of his neck.

His hands wrapped around me slightly for a second, then eased up. He slid his arm over my shoulder.

“Still up for dinner?”

I smiled at my boyfriend, “of course. I’m starving!”

“Good to hear that,” he led me to the entrance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Dinner Date

I know this is like the shortest chapter known to man but, I was out of ideas. Plus, I wanted to get something out and didn't want to make it too long. I guess I'm just impatient! lol!
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Please and thank you! :D

X Dani