Summer Love

pietnaście

The next morning I awake to an empty bed. I stretched like a cat waking from a long nap. A door creaked open and I heard a whistle. I looked up at a half dressed Zayn.

“What?” I croaked still sleepy.

“Those covers aren't covering much now,” his eyes fell to my chest.

I pulled the sheets back up, “pervert,” I laughed.

“Come on, babe,” he sat next to me, “you have an hour to get ready for your flight. We have to get going.”

“I still have to go get my luggage back at Liam’s.”

“Why do you call it Liam’s?” he asked, laying down next to me.

I turned to spoon his side, “I don’t know. It’s still weird to me.”

“It’s your home now, too,” he drew small circles on my palm.

“I understand,” I pushed myself off the bed, “I better get ready before I fall asleep again.”

“I don’t mind if you stay.”

“You guys are going to be on tour in a short two months. Karen and Geoff have jobs. What I do and where I stay?”

“Like I said, you have a home,” he walked over to a tall dresser, “there’s always a place for you to stay, even here,” he threw me a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, “get dressed. I’ll get my keys and take you back to your house.”

I smiled at him, “thanks.”

I let the sheets pool around me once Zayn left to go in the bathroom. I pulled on the pants and shirt quickly. I searched the apartment for my things and found almost everything, just not my panties. I looked everywhere but, couldn’t find them. They had mysteriously disappeared.

I turned, my hands on my hips, and saw Zayn in the room. He was now fully clothed. His keys were in his hand and his eyes were on me. He gave me questioned look.

“I can’t find my underwear,” I huffed.

“Did you check by the kitchen?”

“Yeah,” I ran a hand through my tangled hair, “I can’t seem to find them.”

“They couldn't have gone far, “he went over to the couch, “I mean you were wearing them when we got to the bedroom.”

“I know,” I pulled on my heels, “they weren't under the bed. I already checked.”

“That’s really weird. I think the dust bunnies stole your knickers.”

“Ah, knickers. That’s what you call underwear here,” I grabbed all my other things.

“Ready?”

“Sure, yeah,” I shrugged.

My feet were too sore to walk far in the heels I had on. They were the only source of footwear I had at the moment. I buckled my seat belt once I was safely in the car. Thankfully not many people were around on the way to the car. The drive took even less time due to my clouded mind.

Once we arrived at the Payne residence, I went straight to my room. I grabbed all my bags and put them in Zayn’s trunk. I made sure I had gotten every article of clothing and all my other things.

“Hey, Devin,” Liam’s voice croaked behind me.

I had been staring at the room. It was like it was the first day I got here. It felt empty and like it wanted to be lived in.

“Liam,” I turned to face him.

“I guess this is it.”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

“Mind if I join you guys? It’s quite sad that you’re going.”

I laughed, “we can still talk. It’s not like it’s forever,” I glanced at Zayn waiting a few feet away, “I mean I have Zayn.”

The mention of his name made his lips curve into a smile, “and don’t forget that.”

“Well,” I sighed, “we got to get going. Come if you want.”

Liam nodded and grabbed some shoes. He followed suit once I had left the house. I was leaving again. I was leaving a new boy behind and yet I didn’t feel as badly as I did when I left Louis. It felt different this time. I felt bad for leaving without having another night with Louis, just like we used to back then.

I was silent on the way to the airport. I felt like crying for not achieving what I wanted to. I was with Zayn. I had lied about the feelings for him. I felt bad for leading him on. A stray tear rolled down my cheek once we made it to the airport.

“Are you alright?” I heard Zayn call.

“Yeah,” I wiped the liquid away, “I’m just emotional.”

Zayn nodded and helped me out of the car, “I’ll miss you,” his hands wrapped around me.

“I’ll miss you, too,” I kissed him.

From the corner of my eye I saw the paparazzi getting ready to capture this heartbreaking goodbye. We walked in the building and I found the rest of the gang there, minus Louis. It was heart wrenching to say farewell to the family I got to know better here. Geoff was a great dad, even if we didn’t spend much time together. Soon enough we had to go, leaving all the guys behind. I said goodbye to Karen, while she sobbed softly.

“I’m not going to disappear forever Karen,” she nodded at me, “I’ll call, okay?”

“Oh alright dear,” she waved her goodbye and left with the rest of the crew that had showed up.

“Until next time?” Zayn nudged me smiled.

I nodded and grabbed my luggage. I held Zayn’s hand as we made our way to the desk. I gave the aged woman my ticket. Her eyes flickered from me then to Zayn, then the ticket. My luggage was sent off to the plane and I turned to face Zayn and Liam.

“Shit,” I chuckled sadly, “okay. I guess I’ll see you around bro,” I engulfed him in a big hug.

“You, too,” he replied as I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

“Okay,” I let him go, “Zayn,” I smiled up at him, “you I won’t be able to forget.”

“Hey,” Liam squeaked.

“Sorry. I have to get going.”

Just then my plane was being boarded. I watched as Zayn and Liam made their way back outside. I took deep breathes while waiting in line to get on the plane.

Louis. His name popped in my mind for the hundredth time that day. I fiddled with the phone in my hands. He didn’t call. He didn’t say goodbye. Again.

I wanted so badly to run out of this building and into Louis’ arms. I needed to see him once more. I had to tell him what happened with Zayn and I. He need to know. Even though I was slowly getting to know Zayn and liking him more, Louis was the one for me. Louis had Eleanor now and she was confident enough to keep it that way.

I popped out of my daze when I heard the voice of the lady on the intercom announcing that it was the last five minutes to board the plane. I waited until everyone else got on. I had to wait for a bit. I wasn't ready to leave. Not yet, not again.

“Devin,” I whipped around to the male voice I heard shout.

I saw Louis sprinting across the floor, trying not to knock anyone down. I smirked at the ground when I noticed it was him. When he finally made it to me, I nearly started sobbing like a baby. I waited as he tried to catch his breath.

Fear had made its way to me. I was afraid of what he would say. I still had to talk to him. I barely had enough time to even think about what to tell him. I gripped my carry on bag and purse. I watched as Louis regained his composure.

“Devin,” he spoke softly.

“Louis,” my voice was barely even a whisper.

“I couldn't let you leave without a proper farewell.”

I nodded, “yeah, not again.”

“Definitely not,” he agreed eagerly, “so,” he pulled something out of his pocket, “read it on the plane but, not until you’re in the air, please,” he seemed to plead.

I smiled up at him as I held the paper to my chest, “of course. Anything for you Louis.”

“Last call for flight 264 to Newark, New Jersey.”

I laughed and looked back at Louis, “I have to go.”

Before I got to take a step back, Louis’ arms were wrapped around me. I squeezed him a hug back. His face was deep in my hair. I let my face bury in his chest. I let out a soft sigh.

“Seriously,” I whipped a tear from my eye, “my mom would kill me if I don’t show up.”

“Oh,” Louis laughed, “tell her I sad hello.”

“I will,” I retrieved myself from Louis’ body.

“Goodbye Devin,” Louis kissed my cheek and walked off before I could say another word.

I smiled and gathered my thoughts. I put the letter Louis gave me in my purse and made my way to the plane doors. I walked the hall to the plane in a daze. I hadn't even remembered giving the attendant my ticket. I sat once all my things were safely put away.

I was going back home. I was going back to the salon. I was going back to my mother, to my step-father, to my half sister. My family but, I was leaving another family here, in London. I was in the middle and I didn’t know what to do. I loved them all and I was still stuck.

I still had to tell Louis about the night with Zayn. It felt wrong to not tell him and I was dreading when the time came to do that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Outfit

Okay, so I understand how this story is a bit confusing. I actually started writing this chapter after reading the comment I had gotten. I hope this clears up the fact that this is a Louis Tomlinson fanfition. Plus, everything happens for a reason! So, let it be and go with it. Writing a story takes time.

Comment, Subscribe, and or Recommend! Please and thank you all!

X Dani