Summer Love

szesnaście

I had a deep feeling of depression wash over me as I exited the plane. I was in America now and wished so badly that I was back in London already. I wasn't ready to face my mother. I’m sure that my younger sister would have an earful for me. She would ask me how it went and surely she knew I've meet One Direction. They were her favorite band after all. She knew more about them then any other person I know.

I grabbed my luggage as I walked outside. I so badly wanted to smoke. For some reason a cigarette came to mind. I don’t usually smoke but, it was an urge I couldn't fight. I needed something to relieve me of this stress.

My mother and step father, along with Evelyn had met me outside. They all have huge smiles on their faces as I jogged over to them. I dropped my bags to the ground and hugged my mother first. Karen was a doll but, nothing can beat having your own mother at your side. I hugged James and picked up Evelyn into a hug. She wiggled in attempt of release. I just laughed and we all got into the car. I placed my purse on the floor, making a piece of paper fall out. I had totally forgotten about Louis’ note. I unfolded it and read the words written on the paper.


Devin,

I know it’s been quite a long time since we’ve seen one another but, I still have feelings for you. I know you know that already. I seriously can’t stand seeing you with Zayn. I want to rip his head off half the time for even looking at you.

Not to stray, let’s begin with this; I’ve broken up Eleanor. I know you’re going to have a fit about it but, it’s what I wanted. She was too jealous for me. I still want to be friends with her though. El is really upset about it but, she has no right. She cheated on me with one of her exes. I guess that’s why she was so jealous when you showed up… which was a big surprise.

I hope you understand that I didn’t do it because of you, well partially. Eleanor wasn't the one for me. I know who the one for me is and I’ll wait for her. I’ll wait as long as I have to until she realizes it.

Much Love,
Louis


Tears had sprung to life in my eyes. My mother had seen and insisted on telling her what happened. I waved her off. I felt like a terrible person now. I couldn't end it with Zayn now. We had shared a very intimate moment together. I was starting to like Zayn. He was kind and patient.

Once we got to the house, I ran to my room, not caring about my bags. I dug through all my drawers. I wasn't sure what I was looking for. It just felt good doing it. It let out some of my stress. I knock over a shoe box when I got the my closet. The box hit the floor with a loud thud which made me jump. My hand was placed over my heart as I turned to look at the mess. A small object caught my attention. It was a key chain. The key chain was of the British flag. I still remember when I got it, too.


“Louis,” I yelled, “are you insane?”

Louis eyed me from the game. He didn’t say a word and just continued to play. He shot hoop after hoop but, never won. It was his fifth time trying to win me something in the display.

“Louis, please stop,” I grabbed his sleeve, “I don’t need anything. I’m fine with just having you,” I bit my lip.

Louis looked down at me from his spot, “you say that now but, what about five years from now? What then?”

“I’ll still like you,” I shrugged as my cheeks burned red.

“Really,” he smirked as he placed his arm over my shoulder, “we don’t have a lot of tickets.”

“That’s fine. I’ll take,” I scanned the display, “that key chain.”

“Seriously? That?”

“Sure why not?”

“Okay, whatever you want, love,” he got the attention of the worker at the display booth, “that key chain please.”

“That’ll be twenty-five tickets,” he handed over most of his tickets, “here you are.”

“And that leaves us with six tickets,” Louis sighed.

“And what can those tickets be used for?” I laughed.

“Hm,” Louis smiled at me as we walked over to bench to over see the carnival, “once ticket for a kiss?” he leaned in towards me.

“Just one? You think I’m that cheap.”

“Of course not,” he bumped his shoulder to mine.

“Two tickets for the cheek.”

“What will all six get me?” he came closer that our lips touched.

“Lips,” I whispered as I let him kiss me passionately.


I felt the tears in my eyes start. I felt like total and utter shit now. Was I really a bad person for letting Louis slip through my fingers like I had? Did I just dog myself deeper in a hole with sleeping with Zayn?

“Dev,” I heard my mother shout, “time for dinner.”

I hadn’t realized how much time had gone by. I wiped the water from my cheeks and braved a smile on my face as I controlled my mood. I washed my face and adjusted my shirt. I made my way down to the dining room. It was as if nothing happened. My mother had just set down a bowl of potatoes. My half sister was playing with her phone as my step father tried to grab the phone from Evelyn.

“Okay, so, please,” Evelyn turned, “I've read all the articles. Now you’re Zayn’s girlfriend? What is up with that? These pictures don’t lie! You’re my sister. You need to hook me up.”

I felt my eyes go again. My eleven year old sister was eyeing me. My mother and step father were doing the very same thing.

I felt my lip quiver, “I-,“ but before I could get anything else out, I ran back up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Outfit

I know it took some time to get this up but, I'm still a bit swamped. I finished the contest I had mentioned in my blog and got second place! Woot Woot! :D
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Please and Thank you!

X Dani