Summer Love

siedemnascie

Days passed by quickly. Zayn called but never did Louis. I cared about Zayn. I truly do! He’s been good to me for the time we've been together. Louis hasn't made a budge to contact me and it was killing me. I itched to hear his voice again. Just once.

I logged onto my twitter as usual. Tons of new followers had sprung on my feed. Mostly one direction fans. Fans that liked that Zayn was dating me and others that sent me threats about it. I scoffed at those negative tweets. I never understood why people would be so cruel but, I also know it’s mostly out of jealousy. I was never one to insult so easily.

“Dev,” I heard my little sister call.

“Yeah,” I turned to face her. She was leaning against my door, arms crossed over her chest, “when am I going to meet one direction?”

I sighed at her question. She’s been asking me it for the past three months. Three months. It was already three months since I’ve seen him. Both of them. My mind would always reel with them.

I still had no idea what I wanted. I wanted to call it quits with Zayn, but I didn’t want to hurt him. Plus, if I did and Louis heard about it, he would hate me for hurting his friend like that. On the other hand, Louis may see it as an opportunity for him to make a move. He may think that I’m free and can be with him. The fact of the matter is, I’m not ready for anything right now. I needed a break.

“Dev,” Evelyn groaned, “you seriously need to stop spacing out when I mention one direction.”

“Sorry,” I racked a hand through my disheveled hair, “I just need time.”

“You always say that,” her voice rose in frustration.

“Okay,” I got up from the swivel chair I had vacated, waling over to my bed. I patted the empty spot next to me, “I need to tell you something. Come sit.”

“Like what? Are you pregnant? OMG! You are, aren’t you?” she clapped, walking over to me.

“No,” I shook my head, “I’m not pregnant. I’m dating Zayn, right?” I watched her take her seat as she folded her hands on her lap.

“Yes, Zayn, not Harry. He’s mine.”

“He’s quite the charmer, that one,” I laughed.

“Oh, gosh, really?” Evelyn beamed a bright smile.

“Of course,” I giggled, “back to me story,” I took a deep breath, “I knew Louis before he was in the band.”

“No way? Seriously?” she bounced from her spot, “how?”

“Well,” I shrugged, “my dad lives in the UK. I used to go to his summer house there. Louis used to live next to that house. One day I met him and we instantly connected. Soon, it got worse and worse. We fell in love.”

“That is not good. You’re dating Zayn though?”

“I know,” I rose my brows, “that’s the thing. I found out Louis broke up with Eleanor when I flew back here. He wrote me a letter and I was just devastated.”

“That is so romantic. I mean the whole letter thing,” she smiled, urging me to go on.

“Well, I also found out that Liam is my half brother. I didn’t even know I had a half brother.”

“What the hell? You love Louis, Liam is your half brother, and you’re going out with Zayn? You are like living my life right now. Well, I would be in love with Harry instead.”

“It’s not a good thing you know. This is getting out of hand. I’ve heard the rumors. I see the hate El is getting from the fans. I’ve seen the way Louis has been performing. I also noticed that Zayn has changed.”

“I know. It’s all weird now. I think I need to do some research,” Eve clamped her hands and rubbed them as her mind ran with devious plans and ideas.

“Don’t do anything illegal honey,” I called out to her as she waltzed out of my room.

I fell back onto the bed. My mind going back the boys in London. There were two of them who I cared for deeply. I just didn’t want to fuck it all up again. I didn’t want to end it with Zayn. I also didn’t want to start going out with Louis because of Zayn. How would he even feel about it?

I rolled over in my bed. I bent my knees up into my chest and folded my arms around myself. I watched the clock tick from number to number. It made the time go by much slower. It was already nearing nine at night and I suddenly felt exhausted. My brain was nearly fried from all this thinking and stress. I let my eyelids flutter closed and let sleep take over my body.


“Devin,” Louis’ voice echoed in a dark room.

I took a careful step to the side. I gripped at knob in my hand. I jiggled the handle but it wouldn’t budge. The clicking sound only made Louis aware of the room I had been in. The bathroom door was locked and that was the only option I had left.

“You know,” I heard Louis call, “you really do suck at this game.”

I heard his footsteps get closer. I inched further into the dark. I moved to a nearby window and hid as much as I could behind the thin curtain.

“Devin,” Louis chuckled lightly, “I can see you.”

I shook my head, biting my lip, “no, you can’t,” I whispered.

“It’s not that dark babe,” he laughed as he drew back the curtain.

“It was for me,” I mumbled.

“You need to get over your fears,” he took my hand into his, “you know I’ll always be there for you.”

“Really? What if I had a bad dream but, you weren’t there. Like when I’m back in America? How will you get to me? Or,” I followed him into the kitchen, “perhaps a bad break-up. And the guy had been cheating on me for months. What will you do then?”

“Well,” he opened the fridge as I observed from the island in the middle of his kitchen, “I would already be famous by then.”

“Not necessarily. You don’t have any talent.”

Louis scoffed as if I had insulted him immensely, “I take offense to that.”

I laughed at him as he took out two bottles of water, “sorry.”

“As I was saying,” he handed my one bottle, “I am going to be a famous singer. I can guarantee you that,” a sly smile creep onto his lips, “so I will take my private jet over to America,” he took a swig of his water, “I will hunt down that guy who broke your heart and beat the crap out of him.”

I rolled my eyes at his cocky attitude, “oh, yeah?”

“Yes,” he nodded in all certainty.

“That’s pretty doubtful considering you don’t have much muscle and,” I bit my lip in a flirtatious way, “I like my guy to have muscles.”

“Then that means I have to go to the gym.”

“Yes,” I nodded, “it does.”

I laughed and Louis joined. He leaned in closer, opposite me, and let his lips speak the truth. This wasn’t our first kiss but, I knew this kiss meant a lot more than just an experiment like the first one.

“Remember,” Louis spoke as his lips still latched onto mine, “I’m here for you.”


I jolted awake in my bed. I was still dressed for the day. I searched for the time. My eyes caught sight of the digital clock on my bedside table. It was almost four in the morning. I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep. I sat up in my bed and checked the time in the UK. Was it late or early there?

I searched for his number then hit call. It rang and rang until I heard a male voice answer. His voice filled my ears and I sighed.

“Liam,” I nearly cried.

“What’s wrong love?”

“I really need to talk,” I sniffled.

Liam let out a quick okay and I heard a door shut, “what about, love?”

“Everything.”

“You already heard? I can’t believe it,” Liam rambled, “I told Zayn he shouldn't drink that much and with her? I mean she’s a great girl but, you’re his girlfriend. I knew going to the club was a bad idea.”

“What?”

“I know. Perrie wants to get back with Zayn. Zayn is even thinking about it. He really still cares for her.”

“Liam,” I almost shouted, “Liam,” I sighed, “hold on. You mean to tell me that Zayn wants to break up with me? And what the hell? When the fuck did he cheat on me? With Perrie? What?” I felt my heart race faster and faster.

“Shit,” he grumbled in a sigh, “you didn’t know? It just happened last night. I didn-”

“Liam,” I interrupted, “how fast can you get me to London?”

“What? Why? I mean,” he paused for a moment, “I would love to see you but, we are on tour.”

“Fuck,” I cursed, “Where are you guys?”

“We’re in Mexico. W-”

“I need to get to you guys, like now! Liam, I swear to God if you don‘t help me, I will-”

“Devin, Devin, Devin!” he shouted over me, “I would love to help but, we’ll be in America in about three days.”

“Where is your first stop?”

“New York, why?”

“Awesome. Can you send me a VIP ticket or something like that. I really need to do something.”

“I honestly don’t think it’s a good idea. I think you should wait. Louis and Zayn need to cool down for a bit.”

“What?”

“I-”

“Liam!” I hollered, “I seriously need to do this. I was unsure before but, now? Now I’m ready to take that leap. Please Liam! Please, can you do this one thing for me?”

“I-” I heard the wisp of air like he had exhaled a long breath, “sure, yeah.”

“Liam you are amazing! Thank you!”

“Yeah, you owe me,” he hung up on me.

I threw myself back onto to my bed in a content mood. I felt my cheeks burn from the grin that spread across my lips.

“Devin!”

I heard my door fly open and my lights flick on. I eyed my mother at my door. Her eyes were bulging from their sockets and her hair was a mess from sleep. I smiled up at her in delight.

“Are you okay?” her voice had a hint of confusion.

“Great!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

SOOOOOOOOOOO veryyyyyyyyyyy sorrryyyy for the EXTREMELY late update. I try to update when I can. I just barely have time to write anymore. So much to do! I haven't proof read it. Sorry. It's late. I'll fix anything hat needs to be fixed tomorrow :D

PLEASE comment, rec, and or subscribe! Thank you all who have! :D Love you guys!

X Dani