Summer Love

sześć

The next morning, I was a bit out of place. I almost forgot about being in London. I thought everything that had happened was just a dream. An extremely vivid, realistic dream, but a dream nonetheless.

My yawn came out forcefully. My arms stretched to get rid of the soreness of sleep. I cracked my shoulder to ease the stiff feeling in it. My eyes wandered over to the clock at my bedside table. It displayed the time 8:34. I decided to get ready for the day. I unwrapped the comforter from my body and felt the cold hardwood floor on my bare feet. I shivered at the sudden impact and opted for slippers. I got up, threw on a robe and headed to get breakfast.

“Good morning, love,” I heard Karen greet me.

“Morning,” I mumbled, still half asleep.

“Are you still sleepy,” my father eyed me.

“No,” I lied, “I’m just this bitter all the time.”

“Ha-ha. Very funny,” he rolled his eyes smiling.

“Good morning, everybody,” Liam’s voice echoed.

When he entered the kitchen, a smile was plastered on his face. He looked freshly showered and in clean clothes. He wore dark blue jeans with a dark red plaid shirt. He looked as if he had a good nights sleep, too.

I moaned and placed my forehead on the table. It felt like I barely slept. It was a long night and I was emotionally drained at the moment. My nostrils flared at the smell of coffee. My head popped up and saw Karen holding a cup of coffee.

“Do you have more of that?” I pointed to her cup.

“Of course,” she smiled, “let me fix you a cup. How would you like it?”

“With milk and one sugar.”

It took her barely a minute to fix my cup. I inhaled the sharp smell of the caffeine. I took a sip and let the warm liquid make its way to my stomach.

“Oh man,” I sighed, letting all the tiredness out of my body.

“Feeling better?” Liam asked.

“Yeah,” I sipped at the coffee.

“Once you’re finished,” I looked up at him as he spoke, “get dressed, babe. We are going to the studio!”

I could feel Karen and Geoff staring at Liam and I. They looked confused when Liam spoke to with without a snaky or sarcastic tone. I bit my lip and nodded.

“Alright, great,” He smiled, “I have to call the guys. Let me know when you’re ready. Don’t take too long,” with that he left.

I finished up my coffee and scarped down a scone. I deposited my dirty dishes in the sink and jogged over to my room. I throw everything in my suitcase on my bed. I picked out something nice, but not over the top. Louis was going to be there and I had to look good. I went with a pair of warn jeans and a sweater. I rolled up the bottom of them slightly and slipped on my TOMS. I grabbed my cross body bag and added some jewelry to complete my attire.

“Liam,” I knocked at his door.

“Yeah,” his phone was to his ear, “hey Devin. You ready?”

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“Great,” he grabbed keys from his side table, “I’m on my way Harry,” he spoke into the phone, “see you guys soon,” he hung up and continued talking, “you look nice.”

“Thanks,” I blushed.

He led me to his car and we both drove to the studio in silence. It was awkward either. It was more comforting than it should have been. It felt like I’ve known Liam for longer than a day. Perhaps it was my break down last night. I probably looked like a mess. Maybe that’s why. He’s seen me in my melt down phase. Little did he know, that tends to happen more than I want it to.

“We’re here,” Liam shut off the door.

I looked out of the passenger window at the studio, “maybe I shouldn't have come.”

“Why,” I heard Liam unbuckle himself.

“Because of Louis,” I looked over at him, “I still have feelings for him as you well know. I don’t trust myself. It wouldn’t feel right to be in the same room as him.”

“It’s all good, love,” he rubbed my shoulder, “give it a try. He’s my band mate and you’re my sister. You guys will be seeing each other a lot.”

I sighed, “Yeah,“ I agreed, “I’m afraid to go in there.”

He got out of the car and walked over to my side, “come one,” he held out his hand, “trust me, it’ll be fine.”

“Thanks Liam,” I gave him a half hearted smile and took his hand.

“ I've talked to Louis about it,” he blurted out.

“What?” I stopped in the middle of the parking lot.

“Yeah,” he sighed out, rubbing his neck.

“About,” my eyes grew in size, “you,” I was lost for words.

“Look,” he ran his hand over his face, “I had to talk to him about that summer. I had to make sure you weren't lying. It was just to confirm what you told me last night. He agreed to everything. He said that he did give you a ring. He said that you were his first,” he quoted the last word, “I just had to make sure everything was true.”

I felt the tears burning in my eyes. I clenched my jaw and shook the feeling of crying away.

“Liam,” I started, “why?”

“Just to make sure-”

“Yeah, yeah. To make sure I wasn't some crazy fucking person, right? To make sure I didn’t come here because I knew you were my step brother and that you were famous. To make sure I wasn't some crazy ass fan that wanted to meet the infamous One Direction,” I fanned myself at the last sentence, “but, no. I’m not any of that,” I blew out in a breath of frustration, “I gotta go.”

With that I stormed off, not knowing where I was going. I just left and Liam didn’t follow. I left him in the parking lot. His face was vacant of any emotion. He looked as if he was blank. Just like a canvas before you created a piece of art.

I walked furiously down unknown streets. I let the anger seep out of me. I tried to compose myself. I was upset more than angry. I thought Liam and I really connected last night. I showed him how vulnerable I can be and he comforted me. And this morning he was actually nice to me, pretending he cared about me.

I stumbled upon a park as I was walking. I didn’t know how far I walked, on account of my blind rage. I wasn't paying attention to the streets either, but I knew it was far enough from the studio.

I took a seat on one of the benches. I dug through my purse for my phone. I was starting to feel homesick already, so I decided to dial my mom. It rang a few times before going to voice mail. I left a short message for her to call me when she got home from work.

“Devin?” I heard a male voice call me as soon as I got off the bench.

I scanned the area for a familiar face, but didn’t see one. I was about to leave the park, when a hand grabbed me. My only instinct was to defend myself, so I hit him where it hurt most. He collapsed on the ground, groaning while he held onto his groin.

“Devin,” he moaned, “what the hell.”

I looked down at the culprit and realized I had kneed Niall Horan in the balls.

“Oh my God,” I rushed to his side, “I am so sorry. Does it really hurt that bad? Of course it does. Oh man,” I rambled, “Ugh! I am so fucking sorry Niall!”

I lifted him off the ground to the bench I sat just moments ago. His hand was still latched to his pelvis as he eyed me.

“You got a pretty mean kick there,” he snorted a laugh.

I groaned, “I so sorry. Please,” I held onto his shoulders, making sure he looked at me, “if there is anything I could do, please let me know.”

“It’s fine Devin,” he shrugged.

“Damn,” I laughed, “well there’s something you don’t see everyday.”

He looked at me strangely, “what?”

“Never mind, Niall,” I bit my lip.

“Whatever,” he relaxed his position, “why did you run off?”

“I didn’t.”

“Yeah you did. I saw you run off.”

My face twisted, “were you stalking us or something?”

“No,” he rolled his eyes, “I saw you yell at Liam and run off. I followed you as fast as I could. But, damn,” he chuckled, “you’re fast.”

“Sorry, again.”

“It’s all good. I’m sure Liam is wondering where you are. The rest of the boys are also concerned.”

“Why?” I asked genuinely confused.

“Well, you’re Liam’s sister. That makes you a part of the One Direction family. Why don’t you come back to the studio?”

“I don’t think I can,” I lowered my head, ashamed of myself.

“Come on, Dev,” he smiled as he lifted my face up, “If Liam pisses you off, I got your back.

I laughed at him, but agreed to go back with Niall. We walked back to the studio, laughing and joking around. When we got closer, I grew more anxious. It felt like I was in high school and I hated that feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Outfit

This was a pretty shitty ending, but I don't care. Feedback, please?
Comment, Recommend, and/or Subscribe? Thanks! :D

X Dani