Summer Love

osiem

When Harry said he wanted to help me find a dress, he meant it. He dragged me from top shop to top shop. It was hard to even look at the clothes with him. He ran from one end to another within seconds. He threw me dresses left and right. It felt like I was going to faint with exhaustion because of him. When I finally did find one, he wanted to pay for it. We ended up arguing about it and he won. He did sneak several other dresses that I didn’t allow, but he was a stubborn boy.

“Seriously, Harry,” I sighed as he stopped in front of the Payne house, “you didn’t have to buy me so many things.”

“I wanted to,” he smiled, “you deserve it.”

“You don’t even know me,” I rose my voice slightly, “look,” I ran a hand over my face, “I’m glad you’re nice and all, but I don’t like you spending your money on me. It makes me feel like a gold digger.”

“But you aren't,” his tone was dull and factual.

“Well,” I nudged my head towards my right shoulder, “I know that and you know that, but does your fans know that? I don’t want them to think I’m stealing one of the One Direction boys.”

“Don’t you worry, love,” he patted my hand, “I wouldn't let that happen.”

“You don’t have control over that,” I shook my head, “whatever, I got to go. I’ll see you tonight.”

I grabbed the bags from the back and turned to go into the house. Harry was in front of me within seconds. His arms wrapped around me and he kissed my cheek.

“I’ll see you,” his smirk was cocky and flirtatious.

“Bye, Harry,” I pushed him aside and jogged into the house.

I went over to my room and went through the dresses he bought me. I had decided on a black one, but another caught my eye. It was a blue dress with black lace on top. I held it up and examined it. Perhaps Harry does have some good taste in clothes.

“Honey,” I heard Karen’s chipper voice, “how was your day?”

I turned to see her at my door, “it was good.”

“New clothes,” she looked through the dress displayed on my bed.

“Yeah.”

“These are pretty short,” her voice was concerned.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “guess who picked them out.”

She looked over at me and laughed, “Oh, Harry. That boy has a problem.”

“Yeah, he does,” I agreed, “but he does have good taste.”

“That he does,” she picked another dress up, “I just wish that boy had a less vulgar taste.”

“This isn't all too bad. You should see some of the things American girls wear on a regular basis.”

“Oh, dear,” she placed a hand over her heart, “is it that bad?”

“Sort of,” I shrugged.

“So, you going out tonight?”

“Yes,” I smiled taking the blue dress, “Niall challenged me to a drinking game and I accepted.”

“Oh, no! That boy can drink,” she let out a short laugh.

“He is Irish after all. I have to prove to him girls can drink as much as him.”

“Good luck and have fun,” she let the room.

I sighed and got ready for the night. I took a quick shower, making sure I was clean from head to toe. As well as making sure I shaved all the right places and smelled like a girl. I dried my hair and let it fall into its soft curls. I applied my makeup as perfectly as I could and slipped on the short dress. The fabric clung to my curves and stopped mid-thigh… maybe slightly above. Either way, it was perfect. I dug through my suitcase and found heels to go with the dress.

It took about an hour and a half to get ready. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was nearing ten. I grabbed my phone before heading out of my room. I was listening to my voice mail, when I heard a cat call. My head popped up to see Harry on the couch.

“Of course,” I shook my head, “why are you here?”

“Because,” he got up from his seat, “I wanted to be the first to see you in your dress,” I felt his arm twine around my waist.

I slapped it away, “stop it,” he recoiled, “I ain't some piece of meat you can have your way with. I’m Liam’s sister you bastard.”

“I know,” he sighed, disappointed, “and it sucks.”

I rolled my eyes at him and went into the kitchen, trying to get some quiet. I dialed my house number, hoping someone was awake. It rang three times before I got an answer.

“Hello?” I heard a male voice.

“Hey James,” I smiled into the phone.

“Devin! How are things? Your mother has been going crazy over here.”

“I know. I’m so sorry. So much has happened in the few days I was here. Other then that,” I saw Harry enter the kitchen, “everything is fine,” he poked my side, “is mom up?”

“No, she isn't,” he groaned, “I’m sorry. I can tell her you called. That will be reassuring at least.”

“I guess,” I sat on the chair, trying to ignore Harry’s taunts, “James,” Harry’s eyes widened, “I miss you and mom and Evelyn,” I felt my eyes burn.

“We miss you, too,” he blew out a breath, making a static noise, “this house isn't the same without you.”

I laughed, “No, it wouldn't be. I gave that house life!” I joked.

James laughed, “so what are you up to tonight?”

“Going out with my step-brother and his friends.”

“Oh, no,” his voice changed, “don’t drink too much.”

“I’m not that bad,” I snorted, “I’ve cut down on drinking.”

“Of course,” he chuckled, “I got to go, Evelyn has homework.”

“Okay,” I bit my lip, “make sure she does well.”

“I will. Goodbye honey.”

“Bye dad,” with that I hung up.

Harry popped in front of me, “so,” his eyes caught mine, “James.”

“Yes, he’s my dad.”

“Step-father.”

“Yes,” I pushed him aside, “now let’s go! We have some serious drinking to do!”

“As you wish,” he bowed and led me to his car.

___________________________________________________________________

The club we arrived at was flooded with paparazzi outside. It was hard to even go in, because of the blinding lights. Man, will they get a kick out of me being with the members of One Direction. I could only imagine what the tabloids will say.

“Devin,” Liam spoke over the booming music, “I don’t like this.”

“I told you not to come,” I laughed at him as his eyes scanned the place, “just have fun and drink some water. Just pretend it’s vodka or something.”

“Nasty stuff,” he cringed.

“Personally, I love it. But,” I went over to the bar, “I prefer rum!”

I felt eyes on me. I knew it wasn’t Louis, because he was with his girlfriend. She was attached to him at the hip. Her eyes would roll up and down my body as if I were a disease. To be honest, I felt bad. I didn’t want there to be tense tonight.

I took two shots and got a mixed drink after. It was a routine to take two shots for me. It made me loosen up and enjoy myself more. I drank that glass within seconds. Two more drinks later I was feeling better. I wasn't drunk and I wasn't even tipsy, just a slight buzz.

I turned on my heel as Scream by Usher came on. My jaw dropped at the song. I had always wanted to go clubbing with attractive guys and dance to this song. I searched for someone, but no one caught my eye, except… Zayn.

I smiled over at him and waltzed over. I grabbed his hand, “dance?”

He simply obliged and followed me to the dance floor. I was never one for provocative dancing, but this song spoke to me. My hips swayed as Zayn took hold of them. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sang along to the lyrics.

“…I see you over there, so hypnotic. Thinking ‘bout what I’d do to that body…” I sang.

Zayn joined me singing and pressed his body against mine. We were so close, it felt weird, but oddly right. I just let him to what he wanted and he gave me free range. His hands slid up and down my sides. I laced my hands in his perfectly styled hair.

Sadly, the song was about to come to an end. I pulled away a bit to look into Zayn’s eyes. They seemed to actually sparkle under the dull sparse club lights. His lips curved into a smirk and his face came closer to mine. My heart sped and before I knew it, his lips met mine.

The kiss was light at first, then deepened as the next song came on. No one took notice to the two of us making out. I wasn't sure what to do next. I just let him have his kiss. When it ended, it was slow. We pulled apart and I just stood here, awkwardly. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. I didn’t have anything to say, so I stormed off to get more drinks.

“Niall,” I shouted, “it’s time to have a drink off.”

“What?” he jogged over, hitting his knee on a stool, “shit.”

“Cheers mate,” I gave him a shot and downed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devin's Dress

I really hope you like this. I wrote it in an hour last night. I loved writing it, too! Feedback, please?
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend!

BY THE WAY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

X Dani