Status: Active!!

The Balcony Scene

Chapter 21

That moment of awkward silence that followed after Ashley popped back into the tent was almost unbearable. Neither of us wanted to say anything and the only sounds that were made were the distant hollering of the rest of the gang out in the ocean doing god knows what.

"She...She's drunk. She won't remember it." Vic was the first to speak, causing me to look up at him. His face was going pale. He looked worried, but not nearly as worried as I was.

I wasn't nervous because of Ashley or anything. Even though I really should've been because if she wasn't as drunk as they thought she was, things could go all wrong again. No, I was nervous because, well...I did feel somthing when Vic kissed me again. I didn't want to, but there was just something about the way he kissed me. His lips seemed to fit mine perfectly and I would've kissed him a lot longer if Ashley didn't ruin it.

But that's wrong and I knew it. The image of Alex didn't pop into my head until now. I did love him. I know I did. But now I'm questioning if I'm in love with him. Because if I was, and Alex was the only one I wanted to be with, I wouldn't have liked the kiss with Vic as much as I did.

"I hope so..." I nodded and started walking away from Vic. But, of course, he wasn't letting me go that easy. His hands went around my upper arm, causing me to turn around. I looked down at the ground, because I thought if I looked up, he'd kiss me. Or worse, I'd kiss him. It was all too much for me; all these emotions building up all in one night. "What, Vic?" I practically shouted at him, not caring of anyone saw or heard us.

"That kiss.." He started again, lifting my chin up to face him. "I..I just need to know, Vienna. Did it mean anything or not?"

I didn't move. What was I supposed to say? 'I think I've been wanting to do that since the first time you almost kissed me in your pool that one day?' No, that's dumb. I mean, we were talking about Vic here. I never know what his feelings are for me and I'm always on my toes trying to figure it out. One day he hates me, the next we're best friends..and now what? He loves me?

"I don't know, Vic. And it wouldn't be fair to you if I gave you an unsure answer, and it definately wouldn't be fair to Alex. None of this is..So, I..I have to think about this. About us..If there even should be an us." I answered him honestly. "I need time to think.. without you and without Alex around." I added pathetically, though I knew if was for the best.

He nodded his head, and actually let me go this time. But when I turned around I knew it was because everyone had started heading towards the tent area. Thank god for towels.

"Have fun?" I asked Alex when I got close enough to him. He nodded, leaning down to press his salty lips on mine. I wasn't fully into this kiss again. I hoped he didn't notice.

"I did." He said sitting on a lawn chair, pulling me onto his wet lap. I instinctively rested my forehead against his as e pulled me closer, wrapping his arms around my small figure. "I love you." He said after a moment of us just cuddling. "So fuckin much."

"I love you too, Alex." I told him and he kissed me again. Once again, I pulled away too soon, and this time I knew Alex noticed.

I didn't look at Alex because I knew he noticed and I could feel his eyes on me. "Vienna.." He started, turning my head towards his to make me look at him. I didn't say anything though. "Is..is everything okay? You've been acting kinda...strange these past couple of days." He said.

Naturally I ended up looking at Vic from the other side of me and Alex, trying not to make it obvious, then I looked back at Alex who looked kinda pissed. I noticed that Vic had gotten up and headed into one of the empty tents.

"Vienna.." Alex started again. "Babe, don't think I haven't noticed. All night I saw Vic eyeing you, and I know you've been looking at him just as much." He said, while making both of us stand up, and walk away from everyone so they wouldn't hear.

"Alex... What are implying here?" I asked with annoyance in my voice.

"I know you have feelings for him Vienna!" He shouted. I knew that everyone by the fire could here us now.

"Alex, how many times do I have to fucking say it?! I want to e with you! Why can't you just believe me? God damn it." I said.

"Just because you want to be with me, doesn't mean you don't want him too, Vienna." He stated and walked away to the ocean.

I didn't want to be around anyone anymore, so I started walking away, back to my house.

I thought about Alex and Vic all the way home.

Alex was the only guy I involved myself with that hasn't hurt me..at least so far. Should I really risk losing that just because I maybe liked Vic too? Who maybe within two weeks would go back to hating me again? Besides. I was leaving soon. Back to Arizona. Alex had promised to come see me as much as possible. Would Vic make that effort?

---

I woke up with a major headache the next morning. I'm surprised I got home safely by myself. Then again, the beach was only twenty minutes away from my house.

I layed in bed for a half hour more, not wanting to deal with today, considering all that happened last night. With me and Vic kissing...again. And me and Alex getting into our first fight.

All I know is, I had to get my shit together and figure out what the hell I want, and who I want.

I decided instead of figuring it all out this morning, I would go an eat something.

Downstairs I could hear my dad and Angie talking in the living room. But I could also hear one other voice. I had just made my way into the view if the three people's view when I saw who it was.

Why was she here. What the hell did she want?

I looked back and forth in between my dad and the person sitting a few feet away from him. The smile on her face was warm, happy even. But that wasn't the truth. Not at all.

I didn't return the smile. Why should I? After she just decided to dump me here when things were getting tough at home.

"Uh.." I began, shaking my head and rubbing my eyes, hoping my mind was playing tricks on me, and that she wasn't really here. But when I reopened my eyes, she was still there, with a big grin on her face.

"Hey...mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took so long! Please keep reading! Next one will be up soon hopefully! Tell me your thoughts on the story so far!! :D