‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Leap of faith.

Once Eric and Jenna arrived it didn't take them long to stumble upon Nick and Austin at a table not too far from the stage and Eric lead her over to the group.

"Well hello." Nick said flashing the girl a smile as she sat down.

"Hello."

"Well, you are looking rather good tonight." Austin responded with a smirk. Austin Gibbs. He was something else. He went to a different school which explains why he was'nt around a lot, but some how John knew him, which meant that it did happen occasionally. He was a huge flirt and she didn't have a problem with him, but he was too straight forward for her liking. That was saying a lot since she was around Eric too much.

"Watch it, Gibbs. She's Eric's girl now." Nick stated and Austin looked surprised, "Halvo?"

Who else?" Eric asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well. Wow. Didn't see that coming."

"Why?!"

"Bcause I mean, she's well, hot." Austin said bluntly and Nick laughed as Eric crossed his arms, "Yeah and?"

"And I'm just saying she's out of your league my friend."

Jenna chuckled and Eric rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Do you want a drink? We have connections here."

"Yes get her one. You haven't seen her drunk before. It'll blow your mind. She's a different person." Nick said and Jenna groaned causing Eric to laugh, "I'll get right on that then."

Eric threw her a wink before heading for the bar.

"So you and Halvo? Seriously?" Austin asked and Jenna rolled her eyes, "Yeah."

Nick chuckled, "I for once think it's great. He fits you."

Jenna grinned as Austin shrugged, "So weird."

Eric returned sliding a drink in front of her and she thanked him as he sat beside her. The show started shortly after and Jenna sipped on her drink slowly. She loved watching the guys perform. She always felt so proud of them as if she was a part of the band. Once the show ended she hadn't even realized she had already had four drinks which was enough to make her tipsy.

"I'm just saying. They're going to be big." Jenna said and Nick laughed as Eric stared at her.

"See. She's like you drunk." Nick stated still laughing.

"Am not."

"Why do you say that offensively?" Eric asked making the girl giggle.

"And how was it?" John asked stepping to the table and Jenna spoke, "Great like always!"

"Who let her drink?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Nick and Austin pointed to Eric and John chuckled.

"Where is Pat?" Jenna asked standing from her chair.

"Right here!" Pat yelled scooping the now laughing girl up.

"Why are you drinking without me?!" Pat asked and she placed her arms around his neck so she could keep balance.

"I'm sorry. Blame Eric."

Eric groaned, "Don't blame me!"

Pat chuckled as he dropped his arms from her. Eric swiftly wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have given you drinks."

"I'm fine. Seriously."

"Mhm, ok. Well come sit back down."

She nodded as he pulled her back to the empty table. All the guys had went to the bar so it was just the two.

Eric sat across from her an amused grin on his lips as he relaxed his arms on the table.

"Just so you know..." She said and he began to chuckle not knowing what to expect.

"I do like you. A lot. I have." She said boldly. The alcohol clearly taking over. it was his turn to be speechless.

"Yeah?"

She nodded fiddling with the straw in her half empty drink.

"Good. You know I really like you so it's good to hear."

A grin hit her lips and he smiled back immediately, "I like you like this."

"Like what?"

"Bold."

"Yeah well it'll go away soon."

He chuckled, "Just a nice change. I like you how you are more."

"Overly shy?"

He shrugged, "I like it."

He moved to the seat beside her, sliding his arm around her waist slowly. His lips came in contact with her cheek immediately.

"Stay with me tonight. Don't take that in a bad way either. I just liked sleeping with you last night in a nonsexual way."

Jenna laughed, "I knew what you meant, Eric."

He grinned and she boldly kissed his lips. He pulled her closer not wanting the innocent kissing to end.

A clear of a throat made them pull away and Austin stood there with an amused look.

"Do you want Garrett to murder you?"

Eric rolled his eyes before planting a slow kiss onto Jenna's lips. He didn't care really. He was mesmerized by her. His breathing was a bit uneven. Her kisses seemed to leave his heart racing. He just wanted to take her home now.

The others joined them and he anxiously bounced his foot on his knee. Jenna wasn't even touching him and the girl was driving him insane. He kept looking over at her as she laughed with Kennedy. He couldn't seem to be himself at the moment.

By the time they were leaving he felt completely tortured by her mere presence.

"I'm staying with Eric." Jenna said to Garrett and the boy looked at Eric who sighed, "Nothing is going to happen!"

"Fine." The boy grumbled and Eric grabbed her hand up and headed to his car.

"That was fun." Jenna said with a smile as he drove to his house.

Eric chuckled, "Yeah. It was."

"Is your parents going to care if I'm here?"

"Nah. They're out of town for the weekend anyways."

Jenna nodded and he grabbed up her hand as he drove. She stumbled into his room and he chuckled as he watched her pull off her shoes. He did the same and she fell onto his bed. He smiled as he leaned over her and kissed her lips.

"I've been wanting to kiss you again all night."

"And why didn't you?"

"Your brother was there. Trying to be respectful."

"Awe."

He rolled his eyes and she giggled.

"Wow you are drunk, huh?"

She shrugged and he brushed her hair back before pressing his lips to her forehead, "Would you like something to sleep in?"

She nodded and he forced himself off of her and helped her sit up. He went to his closet and grabbed an old band shirt and handed it to her along with some boxers he never wore.

"Bathroom." He said pointing to the right, "Need help?"

She laughed, "No it's ok. I got it."

He nodded and watched her carefully as she walked to the bathroom. Once the door closed he changed quickly and fell onto the bed with a sigh. He felt amazing for some reason. Probably because he had Jenna here. He just wanted to be with her.

His thoughts were interrupted by her entering the room and his heart fell as he saw her. His shirt was too big for her and she had taken off her make up. She honestly had never look so beautiful. He breathed in to calm himself as she made her way slowly to the bed. She bit her lip nervously as she laid beside him. He was scared to even touch her so he just watched her as she got settled under the blanket. Once she turned on her side her eyes met his and the pair just stared at each other. The darkness unfortunately not helping their nerves.

"You are seriously the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Or who has ever even given me the time of day really." He said softly with a chuckle.

"I don't believe that."

He grinned weakly before boldly bringing his hand to her cheek, "It's true. I'm a weird kid."

"No you aren't."

He ran his fingers into her hair as he studied her bright eyes.

"I am, but if you like it well, I don't mind so much."

She felt herself blush clearly she was sobering up and he inched closer to her causing her heart to race immediately.

"Jenna, just so we are clear. I can tell you're nervous and you really have no need to be. I would never pressure you into anything you didn't want to do. So relax." He whispered running his fingers over her arm.

She bit her lip and he pecked her nose, "Ok?" He whispered and she nodded letting her lip go.

"I however would be up to cuddling with you if you wanted..."

She chuckled softly, "Ok."

He smiled as she moved closer to him and he cuddled her to him.

"I'm going to take you on a real date tomorrow." He spoke softly as he shut his eyes taking in the smell of her hair.

"If you want."

He chuckled, "I do."

The girl smiled and he kissed her head as the room grew quiet. To be honest Jenna would have been fine spending every day like this. Something about it felt so normal and comforting. She could get use to it.

The pair fell asleep quickly and for the first time Jenna woke before Eric. She watched him sleep and brushed his rather shaggy hair from his face. She really liked him. She couldn't help it. He was perfect. To her anyways.

She moved closer to him and pressed her face against his chest. He of course woke up from all the movement and his arm tightened around her waist. Nothing was said as they held each other. He could get use to holding her every morning.

"I told Garrett I'd have you home by 10." He whispered which came out a lot rougher than he intended.

"So?"

He chuckled, "As much as I would like to stay here with you I don't want him to get mad at me."

She sighed, "Ok." She forced herself from the bed and he watched her as she ran her fingers through her hair. A smile hit his lips as she headed to the bathroom.

He forced himself up and got dressed before heading to another bathroom. He splashed his face with water still a bit tired and quickly brushed his teeth. When he entered the room she was sliding on her shoes.

"Ready?"

She nodded and he grabbed up her hand and slowly led them to his car. The ride back to her house was quiet and once he parked in the driveway his eyes went to her. She smiled and he didn't expect her to lean into him and kiss him. He knew he looked a bit stunned, but he couldn't help it because he didn't expect that from her being sober.

A smile hit her lips, "See you later?"

He nodded slowly and as she opened the door he quickly grabbed her arm, "Jenna."

She stopped and looked over at him and he pulled her in until their lips met once more.

"I'll pick you up at 6." He breathed and she nodded. He couldn't help but kissed her once more, "Did you use my mouthwash?"

She giggled, "Yeah."

He chuckled and kissed her firmly, "Ok. Go. I'm not going to be able to stop kissing you if you don't."

She grinned and quickly pulled from him and out of the car. A smile covered his lips as he watched her walk inside. He could get use to this that was for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is everyone warmed up to Eric yet? I hope so. I love him. :3

Thanks for the comment;
ginnygene ( I know, I sometimes find myself writing things and am like, nope not John...lol)