Status: Active.

Fearless Rebel

Is This A Dream? Could This Be Real?

CC's POV
She wrapped her arms around me. She was so cold. She looked like she'd been through hell. I hadn't seen her since my parents drug me here to LA. I had never wanted to leave knowing I'd have to leave her. Taylor needed me and I loved her. It'd been two years. She wasn't in great shape when I had left. I didn't even get to tell her good-bye. I still couldn't believe this was her. After a moment I hugged her tighter, but something wiggled between us. I pulled back and looked at her then down at the jacket. She smiled and unzipped it a little. Soon a little rat head popped out. A smile pulled at the corner of my lips. It was Iggy; her rat. It had been the last gift her mother had given her. Before I could say anything I hear someone clear their throat; it was more or likely Andy. I stood and turned around. "What the hell are you doing CC? She's a street kid." I shook my head at Ashley.

"She may be a street kid to you but she is my friend." There was a hint of anger in my voice. Their jaws dropped. "How do you know her?" Andy asked. He looked to me; his eyes curious. I sighed and turned to help her up. I picked up her bag and walked her back to the bunks. I showed her where mine was and told her to get in; that I would be back. She did as I had asked. I kissed her forehead. She smiled to me and snuggled into the blankets. I closed the curtain and moved back to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of jack and sat down at the table. Soon the guys followed. I stayed quit for a bit. I was in shock to be honest. I thought I would never see her again. Why was she here? Why did she look so rough? How long had she been on the streets? I took a long swallow of the whiskey. It burned causing me to take in a deep breath. I put my face in my hands. I'm not sure how long I sat there like that. But after a while I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Andy beside me. I'm not sure when he’d moved to sit next to me. I had been too lost in my thoughts. I gave a weak smile. “Are you ok, Christian?” He used my first name. I took a deep breath.

“I thought I would never see her again.” My voice broke a little. “She had been everything to me.” I looked to the table as I felt tears start to burn my eyes. Ashley’s voice came this time. “What happened?” I shook my head falling silent once more. After a bit I took a deep breath. “Two years ago when I met you guys my parents had drug me here. They wanted me away from her. They said she was no good for me.” My voice broke again. “But she needed me. I was the only person she felt safe with....and to see her now like she is breaks my heart. Yes I was happy to see her, but those cuts....buries. It only reminds me I wasn’t there to protect her...” I lost it there. I couldn’t hold back the tears. I felt Andy’s arms wrap around me. “Easy. It’s not your fault. She’s here now that’s all that matters. I cried for a bit unable to stop myself. It got to the point that sobs shook my body; hard. Andy just sat there and held me. I felt Jake and Ashley touch my shoulder as they got up. Finally I stopped and pulled away from him. I offered him a small smile. “Thanks, Andy. I think I’m just going to bed now.” His smile turned into a smirk. “But she’s in your bed.” I laughed a little. “She won’t mind. She use to sneak to my house all the time to get away from her dad.” I turned and head for my bunk.

I pulled the curtains back. Her back was to me. I smiled as I grabbed my night close from the foot of the bunk. I moved to the bathroom and changed into my shorts. I walked back to my bunk and climbed in. I pulled the covers over me and snuggled closer to her. I laid an arm over her and pulled her closer. She whimpered in her sleep but never woke up. I felt this warm inside me. I hadn’t felt it in a while. No not since I was forced to leave her against my will. I finally felt whole again. Soon sleep pulled me under without a fight.