Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Ending the Chapter

Johnny’s POV

By the time we had got to the beach Matt’s temper was down so we felt like we could actually have some fun. For such a gorgeous day I was surprised to see that we practically had the beach to ourselves. The girls ran into the rising surf while the rest of us unloaded chairs, towels, and coolers from Brian’s car. I glanced back at the girls to see Kourt walking out of the water. I was so lucky that she just landed into my life.

“Babe, you look like Halle Berry in that James Bond movie!” I shouted.

“Thanks, but I’m not black and Halle Berry doesn’t have all these sweet tats.” She giggled.

The guys dropped our stuff next to an empty volleyball pit. Picking up a volleyball Brian ran on one side and challenged the girls to a game. Leana volunteered to sit out because she said her height never made her a good player. She agreed to be the scorekeeper. The girls won in the end because when a girl would hit it over their significant other would let them get a point. Having all the guys trying to let their girlfriends get a point got too much for us though. After the game we sat back down in the sand and just soaked in the sun. This was the definition of relaxation, but I knew it wouldn’t last because we still had to complete the finishing touches on the new album. My thoughts were interrupted when someone’s phone rang out. Sierra scrambled around in her beach bag to find her phone. She looked at it and started pushing buttons. Must have been a text.

“Zacky, my dad says that the movers are twenty minutes away from the house. We should get going so we can be there on time.” She suggested.

“Sure thing. Hey we’ll see you guys later tonight or something.” Zacky said as he got up brushing sand off him.

“Yeah, I think we’re having a cook out at our house tonight so we’ll just see you there.” Val called back.

Sierra gave her thumbs up saying that they would be there. Zacky ran to the passenger side so that he could open the door for Sierra before getting himself in the SUV.

“They are so cute together. I’m glad they finally got together. At least Sierra has a brain, unlike the others he’s dated.” Val commented.

“I agree.” Matt said.

“You do? Then what was up with that scene at the house?” Jimmy asked.

“I had to instill the fear in him. I couldn’t make it seem like I was super gung-ho with their relationship, even though I kind of am.” He laughed.

“What an ass! You almost made Zacky shit himself!” I exclaimed.

“Oh well. The point is that they are together.” He finished.

Sierra’s POV

We pulled into the driveway five minutes before the moving truck arrived. The uniformed men hauled all of the boxes and piled them in the living room. I signed for the boxes and the men left. Looking around me I realized that I had more stuff then I thought. Zacky was already going through one of them. Sitting next to him on the couch I saw that he found my box of pictures, some in frames and others still in the envelope. He took out a couple framed ones of Liz, Kourt, and me in various places around New York City.

“That one was taken right after we got off a roller coaster at Coney Island. Not even ten seconds later Liz puked in that garbage can behind us.”

“Now that you mention it she does look a little queasy.” Zacky laughed.

“Is this your dad?” he asked picking up another frame.

“Yeah, that’s my high school graduation right there. He actually cried that day because he figured none of his children would graduate.”

“That’s right you have an older brother. Where is he now?”

“I’m not sure. Last place I knew he lived was actually here in Huntington. I really haven’t kept in touch with him though. We had a falling out six months ago.”

He grabbed the last framed picture and looked at it.

“Who’s this?”

“That would be why he hasn’t talked to me. You’re looking at Alex, my ex-boyfriend. My brother never liked him but that didn’t stop me from dating him. When I found out that Alex had been cheating on me I couldn’t talk to my brother because I didn’t want an ‘I told you so’ conversation.”

“Why the fuck would he cheat on you? Your perfect in every way.” He said looking into my eyes.

I met his gaze before I said, “For the same reason Ashley cheated on you. Some people don’t know how good they have it and take someone really special for granted.”

I kissed Zacky on the cheek while grabbing the frame from his hands. Walking over to the garbage can I threw the picture in it, forever ending that chapter in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading and commenting : ]