Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Not a Breath of Fresh Air

“Sierra? Are you there? Answer me!” I screamed into her voice mail.

After calling the house phone and no one picked up, I had tried her cell. No luck came my way. Just hearing the stress in her voice made me panic. I began to pace back and forth down the isle of our bus. I didn’t realize how much noise I had been making until Jimmy’s head popped out from behind his bunk curtain. His hair was all tossed about and his already squinty eyes were worse. He obviously had been trying to sleep.

“Dude…what the fuck? I was having a great dream that Leana and I were having sex in a pool filled with chocolate pudding.” He whined.

“Sorry Rev, but Sierra won’t pick up and I’m getting anxious. Something could be wrong.” I said worryingly.

He muttered something about being whipped and went back to sleep. All I could do now was wait and see if she would return my calls. As I lay back in my bunk all I could do was focus on the subject at hand. Exactly 13 agonizing minutes later my phone started to ring. Not bothering to look at the caller I.D. I clumsily picked up the phone and answered.

“Yes?” I asked hesitantly.

“Hey babe, sorry about earlier.” Sierra breathed.

I let out a sigh of relief. “I thought the worse Sierra. What was the matter?”

“Ah, the phone was going dead again. It’s been acting up recently so I’m going to have to buy a new one for the house.”

“That’s good I guess. It could have been worse.” I laughed.

“You have no idea.” She giggled slightly.

“I have to go now because I think I just woke up the whole bus with my commotion. I’ll talk to you tomorrow though sweetheart.”

“Ok then. I love you Zacky.” She said sadly.

“Love you to.”

I closed my phone and reclined in my bunk so that I could try to get some sleep.

Sierra’s POV

Zacky’s voice definitely calmed me down to some degree. The entire house was dark. I had turned off every light that I could find. Whoever was outside couldn’t see inside now that it was black. I wanted to feel as safe as possible, and if that meant sitting in total darkness, then I was fine with it. As my mind played back what just happened a shiver went down my spine.

“No…not again.”

I quickly hung up and ran for the kitchen drawer. Grabbing a large knife I slowly made my way to examine the sliding glass door. The sight made me absolutely sick to my stomach. Someone had drawn a heart on the door and had put my initials inside of it. It’s not like it was drawn in blood or marker. I could clearly see that the person had breathed on the window leaving a patch to draw on. This had been so recent that I was still able to make out the breath mark. Glancing down at the handle I almost dropped to my knees. The back door was unlocked. Anyone could have just walked right in. This person was testing me. They were messing with my head and it was working. I locked the door and made sure that no one could wrench it open. After doing this I worked my way around and turned everything off. I found my cell phone and saw that I had four missed calls from Zacky. Taking a few deep breaths I stabilized myself the best I could before I called him. I didn’t want to make Zacky aware of anything.


Ichabod knew that this day wasn’t normal because he never left my side as I walked around the house for one last check. When I got to our room I locked the little furball in his cage and got ready for bed. I’d be lucky if I got any sleep tonight. I hope things would be better in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?