Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Some Things Don't Change

I sighed with relief and returned the hug. Matt had seriously changed in the ten years that I hadn't seen him. Back then I could actually put arms around him, now he was crushing me to death.

“Matt…need…air!”

“Oh, right sorry.” He chuckled. “How long has it been? I can’t even remember. Look at you now. All grown up!”

“Ok Matt, no need to get all sentimental. To answer your question, your mom always told me that I could help myself to your cabin if I ever felt like it and wouldn’t you know it but I actually felt like it. I never thought that someone would be here. I feel so bad for intruding.” I said apologetically.

“It’s not a problem at all, you’re welcome to stay with me and my friends.”

At that point I had remembered about the two I left in the car. I dashed out of the cabin and started to bang on the windows, instantly waking Liz and Kourt. While trying to get them out of the car I heard the gravel crunch telling me that someone had followed me. Both the girls stumbled out from the car and stretched. When Kourt focused on the people behind me she turned a bright shade of red. To see what she reacted to I twirled around to see that it wasn’t just Matt and Johnny who followed me. A smile graced my face as I recognized two of them.

“Well, if it isn’t Jimmy Sullivan and Brian Haner? I can’t believe you still hang out with these two Matt.”

While Jimmy and Brian faked hurt emotions, I looked at the last one of the group who I didn’t identify as a person I knew. He had short black hair that covered his eyes, even though I could still make out their brilliant green color. I didn’t realize I was staring until I heard someone cough.

Snapping me back into my senses I tried to cover myself by saying, “I think introductions are in order. These are my friends Liz and Kourtney. Liz is the one with the green tips in her hair and Kourtney has the red. Ladies, this is-.”

“We know who they are.” They interrupted me at the same time.

Confusion was written all over my face so Liz explained because Kourt had shockingly lost the ability to speak.

“Sierra, you never said that your cousin was the M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold! How could you let something like that not be known by us?”

Just then it hit me as to why Kourt couldn’t speak.

“OOHH…isn’t that the band that Kourt worships?”

I just realized what a big mistake saying that was because I could practically hear the heads growing behind me. I looked at the guys to see them acting like trained show dogs.
Rolling my eyes I walked over to Kourt and Liz and pulled them over to the guys and explained that we were staying the same time that they were. The looks of excitement on their faces said that they didn’t mind.

“Well I still don’t know those two over there.”

“Ok,” Matt started, “The midget who started this is Johnny Seward a.k.a. Johnny Christ and the other guy that put you in a trance is Zack Baker a.k.a. Zacky Vengeance.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you. Wait, if everyone has a fake name then what do Brian and Jimmy go by?” I asked.

Jimmy stepped forward and said while saluting, “I am The Reverend Tholomew Plague at your service.”

“And I am the one and only Synyster Gates, making ladies swoon since 1999!” Brian responded while trying to be suave.

I stood there not saying a word and then I burst out laughing.

“You guys haven’t changed at all since I left.”

“Well, we have plenty of time to catch up. Johnny get all their shit in the cabin.”