Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter Twenty-three

We fell asleep on the couch and I woke up before Dory did so I came up with a pretty good way to get her up.

“Time to get up my little Pixie.” I cooed, pushing some hair out of her face.

“...get....stuffed....”she mumbled keeping her eyes closed then turning her head. The shoulder of my shirt that was huge on her fell carelessly over her shoulder exposing her collar bone and slight cleavage.

I blinked in shock. My fertile told me to 'get stuffed' somehow, that's really fucking funny. I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh.

My eyes fell to her pulse point, she just exposed her neck. Her steady breathing told me she was peacefully sleeping. Not for long.

I leaned down and pressed my lips to her neck feeling her stiffen at once. Her eyes opened and I brushed my lips over her neck, pressing kisses here and there then sucking on her pulse lightly. She released a quiet shaky moan and her hand moved to my hair. “...Dev....” she groaned, making my shorts feel tighter. I chuckled into her neck, giving her a cold chill and raising goosebumps.

“You're so easy to arouse.” I mumbled against her skin, as my nose twitched at the sent of my fertile's rather turned on body.

I felt heat run to her cheeks as she blushed. “Yeah well...that's good right?” she asked with a spaced out voice. I began to pull my head back but she whimpered so I only lowered it to her collar bone. I spoke, being sure my lips caressed her collar bone as I formed words. “More than you know as of yet.”

She groaned slightly again, then pouted as I with-drawled my head from her person.

She gave me the cutest, pissed off glare before leaping over me, I landed on my back against the arm of the couch. “I'm sure you aren't much better.”

~Dory~

Oh my fucking god I hope I know what I'm doing! I'll be mortified!

Dev smirked as I lowered my head and began to kiss and nip at his neck with my currently slightly enlongated fangs. His breath caught in his throat and his hand roughly hangled in my hair tugging it in the right direction. The direction that made him groan and quake under me. “Damn Pix...” he groaned.

I grinned at him calling me Pix instead of his 'little pixie' it was more intimate by far.

“...it is...” he huskily agreed.

That's when it hit me. I stopped necking him, I think that's what it's called, and looked at his face. “Holy shit you read minds.” I stated. He looked up at me with lust filled eyes. “Can we talk about this later?”

I then realized a rather thick circular object pushing at my leg. “Oh, yeah.” I got off him and he disappeared at once. I looked down the hall to see the bathroom light flick on.

An odd sense of pride flowed over me. I made my mate have a serious boner, and need to jerk off. A few weeks ago I would have blushed and been so embarrassed but now...now I'm proud. I think I..I think I'm ready if ya catch my drift.

OH MY GOD I HOPE HE DIDN'T HEAR THAT!

(A/N: He didn't)

It was then I realized I had nothing to change into. So I wandered off into the kitchen because frankly Devin's panting was turning me on. So I ransacked the fridge until I found bacon, sausage, eggs and milk. Then I found bread, and cinnamon. Perfect! I herd the shower start and I knew the dom was done 'taking care' of himself. That was fast. Then again with dom speed...

When he returned, all clean and dressed he smiled at the spread I prepared. Bacon done just enough so it was floppy, I HATE crispy bacon, maple sausage, french toast, syrup and a cup of blood. He smiled and sat at the place I made for him. I sat at my plate.

“This looks great Dor.” he smiled.

“Thank you.” we dug in, his beautiful eyes widened.

“Oh my shit this tastes amazing!”

I choked on my orange juice. “Oh my shit?” I coughed, asking with a small smile.

He shrugged and shoveled more food in his face.

When we finished I did the dishes and took care of them, then walked over to where Devin stood watching me creepily.

“I need clothes.”

“Oh do you?” he arched an eye brow suggestively.

I giggled and slapped his chest. “Yes, I do.”

“Luckily, Andy thought this might happen so he brought over some of your clothes while you were at school. Be right back.” he kissed my forehead, disappeared and returned with an arm full of clothes. “You can use my make up.” he invited.

“I was gonna anyway.” I laughed as I headed to the bath room.

I locked the door and showered. When I was all done polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=78234601 I loved the outfit Devin picked. The broach thing matched the rings, that never would have occurred to me. I used my boyfriends make up and added the bow to my straightened hair. Done!

I waltzed out of the bathroom and straight into Devin who appeared to have been standing there waiting. I stumbled back half a step.

“You look magnificent.” he gave me a breathtaking smile. I grinned and blushed. I've been called, pretty and beautiful...but...magnificent is a whole other level.

“Thank you. So...you read minds huh?” I asked, changing the subject as we headed down the hall.

He nodded, hands in his pockets. “Yeah once in a while. Its easier with you since you're my mate, but I can read anyone. Well not all the time, the ability comes and goes. After we mate, we'll be able to read eachothers minds at all times, even talk like that.”

“Really?” I asked, looking up at him, he nodded. “Sweet!”

he chuckled.

“Anything else I should know?” I asked as I took his hands and plopped us down on the couch.

“Uh...” he licked his lips in thought. “Yeah! I can feel others' emotions.”

I got serious as something hit me like a ton, no, two tons of bricks. “So before when I was fifteen...”

Devin frowned “I could feel your emotions, yes. I knew what I was doing but I didn't know how bad it really was until Andy showed me with his ability.”

“Oh...” I frowned.

“And while we're talking about this...that time I told you to come back here when you visited your parents and you denied me...I...that pain...I...”

I shook at the memory. That blood curdling pain, the searing pain... “You made me feel that.” I stated, slightly numb.

“Y-yeah. I'm so sorry! I didn't know why you said no and I certainly didn't know I could do that!” he took my hands but I pulled them away and looked at my feet.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was the first time in years that dad raped mom, Brandon was down stairs oblivious and I had to help my mom clean himself up. I was determined to be there for him when the phone rang. At that point I didn't give a shit who Devin was, family comes first and when your family needs you, you're there. Fuck the world, family is all you really have when you think about it.

Devin bit his lip and I realized he herd all of that. Shit.

Well, come to think of it Devin was there for me and Brandon when dad beat and raped mom and took off. He called the authorities, stayed with us, held Brandon, made both of us feel better and since that first day a few months ago he's taken care of me. Well...for the most part. I do still have Andy as my protester.

“I uh...I'll change that whenever you're ready.” Devin offered.

I held up a finger, telling him to get out of my head and give me a minuet. He nodded dutifully.

“You out?” I asked, gesturing to my head.

“I promise.”

I nodded and looked back to my feet.

I am ready to mate with Devin, but not right now. There's too much going on. I am glad he told me about his abilities and confessed to causing my pain all those years go before we did though. It doesn't change the fact that I love him, yes I love him, it makes be a bit put out with him for the time being. I can move on from what he told me, just like I have moved on from how he used to treat me. But I'll need at least an hour to clear my head and to make my decision. I mean, if we were to mate, as in have sex, now would be the perfect time. We're alone, got nothing to do for hours... But I need time.

I looked up at Devin to see his face in a way I never have before. It showed regret, shame and sadness. I never want to see those on his perfect face ever again.

I touched his knee, knocking him out of thought long enough to look at me. “I need time, an hour to be alone. Then we'll see what happens.”

He nodded understandingly, and lightly took my hand so I could pull it back if I wanted, but I didn't. He took me to a large open room with a piano, a violin, and drawing materials.

“I uh...wanted this to be here if you needed it.” he told me sheepishly.

“It's great. Thank you.”

“Your welcome.” with that, he left the room.

I sat at the table by the window that was lined neatly with drawing supplies and drew whatever it came out as, thoughts bubbled in my head.

Devin has treated me like shit, borderline abused me and all but...he's apologized so many times and he's felt my pain thanks to Andy. He knows what he did, and knew while he was doing it but he didn't care. What's so different about me now than then? Oh, right. My fertile genes kicked in making me a size D, a perfect hourglass, I got long pale legs, toned arms and abs, my face lost its baby fat...he didn't really care about me until I looked the part of his mate. If I am what he wants, why didn't he want me then?

I remembered what he told me earlier.

“I noticed recently that I...haven't changed. I haven't grown, or anything in two years. I went to the doctor and he told me why....My body was waiting for yours to catch up. He said one of us was born late, or early so our body's weren't synchronized as they should have been. So my body stopped changing until yours caught up. Well...when I was a senor my body was fully functional and...formed. Because you were a freshman your reproductive organs were mature but your body was not. You had yet to fully develop yourself in terms of body shape. My body knew this and made me stop.”

“So if...we had mated and I had gotten pregnant...”

“You would have had a miscarriage, if against some astronomical odds you hadn't, you would have been unable to lactate to feed the baby. It would have starved.”

So scratch what I said earlier, I'm not really bothered that he didn't care until I looked like sex on legs. (Oh I went there! Ha!) It was the safest thing for everyone, no emotional trauma of loosing a child. For a fertile that's a fate worse than death. It wouldn't be physical death, it would be emotional death that often leads to suicide.

As much as it pained me to recall, I do remember him stopping the pain when my mom begged him too. I get that he didn't know he was doing it but he could have just let it go on. I can think of a million ways my life could have gone worse, well I haven't really had a 'good' life what with dad being abusive, raping my mom and such but it could have been so much worse. He could have molested me, or Brandon, he could have straight up left us all in the middle of no where, hell he could have killed us! But he didn't. And now, I have a mate who loves me(I think), my brother is safe, my mom is safe staying with his protector who is my teacher Mr. Hetfeild and I'm happy for the most part. We're working on a plan to get Jackie out and it's going okay, and the talent show is a few weeks away.

Once I forgive and forget the past, life is pretty great at the moment. Could be better but I'm working on it! It's official, I'm ready to mate with Devin.

At some point, somewhat soon.

Looking down at my paper I nearly forgot was there I saw an almost perfect drawing of Devin. Had I been paying more attention it could have been better but oh well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Deep and serious, long ass chapter. My favorite part? When Dory tells Devin to get stuffed when he tried to wake her up!

Thoughts on Dory's reasoning and decision? Do you agree?