Status: unknown

When We Were Lost

wake up and move forward.

As planned, Tim and Pat picked Aimy up on the way to their friend, Stephen’s house.

When they arrived the party was already in full swing, there were passed out bodies all over the front lawn, the front door was open wide and music was blaring.

“I never got invited to parties during high school, this’ll be interesting.” she said quietly as the boys guided her through the house to the kitchen.

“I’m driving home so I won’t be drinking, I’ll look after you.” Tim smiled as Pat started walking quickly to a short blonde girl. “you ready to meet everyone else?”

“um, no?” she laughed nervously.

“you’ll be fine.” they stopped at the circle of people by the fridge and work tops.

“Aimy!” Jared grinned, holding a brunette girl around the waist

She smiled to the familiar faces in the group “hi guys”

Garrett spoke first “Rachael, this is Aimy that I mentioned, I think you guys will get on well. Aimy, this is my girlfriend.” he smiled proudly and the redhead next to him.

“this is Lauren” Pat threw in, prodding the blonde he was stood with in the side.

“Tessa.” Jared smiled

“and Gabi.” Kennedy laughed

“it’s nice to meet you all.” Aimy laughed, they barely even acknowledged the fact she had spoke.

“I’m Jess!” another girl smiled from the work top where she was sat with a beer “it’ll be fun having another girl about.”

“You’re barely a girl.” the guy the curly brown hair next to her laughed “John Gomez, nice to meet you.”

“I’m Stephen, John’s brother and as you can see I throw an amazing party.”

“Don’t be fooled, I invited most of these people.” a blond said

Followed by another blond laughing “Josh, you could only dream of knowing this many people.”

“Shut the fuck up, Brian.” Josh laughed back

“I pretty much only remember Jess, there’s a lot of you. Sorry.” Aimy said glancing at each face.

“I’m here! Guys, sorry I’m late!” a familiar voice called from across the room. “Aimy?”

“Good evening, John.”

He lifted the six pack of beer in his hand “I believe I owe you a drink?”

“That you do.”

“Better late than never.” he chuckled taking a bottle from his case and handing it to her

She laughed “thank you.”

“Nice shirt, by the way.” he tipped his bottle to point at it.

“you like Tom Petty?”

“I’d be a fool not to.”

“right you are, O’Callaghan.”

“So John, Kennedy said you got arrested?” Stephen smirked

John sighed “ugh, yeah.”

“What happened?”

“There’s videos on YouTube, I don’t wanna talk about it man.”

Stephen playfully rolled his eyes before looking back to Aimy “so you’re new, tell us about yourself.”

She blushed “I don’t know what to tell you.”

“well what’d you do, do you go to college or something?”

“I actually dropped out of college just a few months back.”

“how come?”

Her smile dropped and she sipped her beer “personal reasons. I guess I just lost all motivation.”

Garrett’s girlfriend gave an almost inaudible smug snort, “what were you studying?”

“ugh, photography.” she said, smiling shyly again.

“oh right.”

Garrett turned his head and whispered a little too loud “Rach, be nice.” then turned back to everyone else “why don’t you girls go dance or something?”

Aimy laughed “dude, I don’t dance.” when Gabi, Rachael, Lauren and Tessa walked off she added “besides, I don’t think they like me.”

Jess grinned “I don’t like any of them, so if they don‘t like you, that‘s all the more for me to.”

“Jess, that’s not fair.” Kennedy complained

“um, they all hate me too?”

“because you ever gave them chance to get to know you.”

She rolled her eyes “probably because I’m not a total bitch, man.”

John laughed “guys, she as a point.”

“What about you, Aimy, do you have a boyfriend?” Pat asked, pushing his hair behind his ear.

“nope.” she popped the ‘p’

“why?”

“I just don’t.”

“you’re making her uncomfortable guys, seriously.” Jess sighed.

“Yeah, you should be letting me ask questions.” Aimy laughed

“Go ahead.” Brian smiled

“Oh, I don’t actually have any.”

“Can I ask a question?” John asked, placing his bottle down on the side.

“Sure.”

“Did you go to Corona?”

“ugh, yeah.”

“Well, I thought you probably would’ve but I couldn’t find you in any of the year books.”

She laughed nervously “you’ve been stalking me?”

“I was just curious. Why can’t I find you?”

“Maybe I’ll tell you one day.”
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh, she's mysterious.

I'm having fun writing this, 13 subscribers, that's amazing thank you so much!

I couldn't think of a lyric relevant, so I used a line from Free because that's what I was listening to at the time.