Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 12

I went to the window and saw looked at the large crowd of people. Some of them held colorful signs. A few of them saw me and pointed. I waved and they screamed. A few swore at me but whatever. They were just jealous.

I texted Brooke, telling her that she would have to call me when they got there. I would have to talk to Paul and the other security guards to go and get them.

That’s not necessary. Brooke texted back.

And why not? I asked.

We might have decided to get past the security our own way.

Don’t do it! I warned.

Too late! What room are you guys in?

I sighed in frustration. They were going to get caught and I was going to have to find a way to get them out of it. I reluctantly gave her the room number and told her that she was grounded.

“Is everyone descent?” I called around the room.

“If you mean ‘is everyone wearing pants’, then yes,” Zayn said, “Why do you ask?”

“My friends are going to be here soon,” I replied.

“Don’t you have to go down there to get them through security?” Liam asked.

“Um, not exactly...” I said as the door was thrown open.

“Hello everybody!” Brooke called as she skipped into the room. She came over to me, gave me a hug, nuzzled me and added, “I missed you.”

“You are still grounded,” I told her. Then I looked at Katie and CJ and asked, “How did you let her do this?”

“Well, once Brooke makes up her mind, you know how hard it is to tell her no. So we could either go with her and make sure that she didn’t do anything worse, or let her make more bad decisions,” Katie asked.

More bad decisions? What ones did she already make?” I asked. CJ and Katie looked away from me guiltily. I turned to Brooke and asked, “What did you do?”

“I might have um, temporarily borrowed a pass from an interviewer who looked kinda like me and used it to get through security?” Brooke said, trying to sound innocent.

“You what?” I demanded.

Liam clapped his hand to his forehead and said, “You stole some girls pass?”

“Borrowed without permission, with every intention of bringing it back,” Brooke said, quoting Pirates of the Caribbean.

“You stole it,” I stated.

“Okay, okay! I’ll bring it back later,” Brooke said, raising her hands. At that time there was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” Niall called. Paul and a woman who looked kinda like Brooke came into the room. They were followed by a few other people holding microphones, and one of them had a camera.

“I’m so sorry for the confusion. I must’ve dropped my pass some where,” the woman was saying. I turned and gave Brooke a look that let her know that she was in trouble.

“Hello, I’m Bree, and I was wondering if you could take some time for an interview with me before your show?” She asked.

“Yes, of course,” Liam said, being a gentleman. “Right this way.” He and the other boys led them to a large table.

While the cameramen were setting up and Bree was distracted, Brooke snuck in and slipped Bree’s pass into the side pocket of the her purse. She did it by walking by, as if she were headed to the small kitchen area, and just slipped it in. She grabbed some chips and left like nothing had happened. When she was out of the room, she made hand gestures towards Bree’s purse and mouthed “Ta-Da!” I shook my head at her and mouthed, “Still grounded.” She made a pouty face and walked past me to the TV.

I caught bits and pieces of the interview.

“So, how’s the tour going?” Bree would ask, and the boys would answer something like, “It’s great, we love being here in America.”

At some point in the interview Bree asked, “So rumor says that you’ve got a new guitarist that travels around with the band?”

“Yeah, that’s Melody,” Niall said.

“Is she here now?”

“Yeah, she’s in the living room,” Liam said.

“Could I speak with her?”

“I think so,” Zayn answered

“MELODY!” Louis called for me.

I peeked my head into the room and asked, “Yes?”

“Come sit down,” Harry told me. Doing as I was told, I took a seat between Louis and Niall.

“So Melody, right?” Bree began, and I nodded, letting her know that she got my name right, and she continued. “Are you liking traveling with One Direction?”

“Oh, yes, it’s a lot of fun. The guys are great to be around,” I answered.

“Are they treating you nicely?”

“Yes, well, the other morning, Harry threw a bucket of water on me and I fell out of bed,” I said, making everyone chuckle. I looked at him and said, “But I’ll get him back.”

“Do you have a plan?” She laughed.

“Yes, some of my other friends and I do, but that’s all I’m saying. We don’t want anyone to know,” I said.

“So Melody, where have you been staying?” She asked. I thought that this was a very odd question, but decided to answer anyway.

“Um, I have my own bunk on the bus, and last night I stayed at a friend’s house.”

“Really? Is that where this was taken?” Bree asked, showing us and the camera an enlarged picture of Niall and I sleeping next to each other and he had his arm around me while we cuddled under the blankets.

“Well, yes, I um... where did you get that?” I asked.

“Are you and Niall dating?” She asked sweetly.

“No, we’re not,” I said quickly

“We’re just friends,” Niall said.

“Really, just friends?” Bree asked, showing a picture of Niall picking me up on stage.

“Yes, we’re just friends,” I said firmly.

“Okay then, I’ll keep your secret,” Bree said with a wink.

“They don’t have a secret relationship,” Liam said, but they’d already packed up and were leaving.

“Goodbye now,” she said, sweetly, closing the door behind her and her men.

“Uh oh,” Louis said.

“I think we might have some trouble with that,” Liam agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-DA! Update!