Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 20

After we picked up Harry we got some food coloring and went back to the hotel. Everything was set up for pancakes, being that we left CJ at the hotel to get everything ready, only she was asleep.

Liam went to wake her up, but Katie, Brooke and I stopped him.

“No!” we shouted in a whisper.

“What?” He asked confused.

“CJ, well, she’s an okay riser, but never wake her from naps,” I told him.

“Why? Is she like Zayn in the morning?” Louis asked.

“Or Brooke,” Zayn added, playfully nudging Brooke with his elbow.

She shoved him back in the same playful manner, but said in all seriousness, “No, she’s like both of us combined and then some.”

Everyone stared at our friend fearfully.

“Is that even possible?” Harry gasped.

“I’d say see for yourself, but I think I like you alive,” I told him.

“You think?” He said with a smirk.

“Well this morning I wanted you dead, so I guess it depends on the time,” I said, making the others laugh.

“Shut up! God, you’re all like annoying puppies that need to be kicked!” CJ yelled, still asleep. Not that CJ would ever kick a puppy, but we still all jumped back at the menacing tone in her voice.

“And that’s when she’s not awake.” Katie said, looking terrified.

“I think we should just back away slowly,” Zayn suggested. We all went and hid in the kitchen and made pancakes. I stacked one of every color to look like a rainbow.

“It’s almost too pretty to eat,” Louis said. Niall and I laughed. Of course we were going to eat them.

We sat down and began eating immediately.

“What time is it?” CJ groaned, getting up.

“Um, pancake time?” Katie asked.

“Why is everyone looking at me like I killed someone?” CJ asked, coming into the kitchen.

“Well, you were asleep when we got back...” I said.

“Oh, no. What happened?”

“You told us all that we were puppies that needed to be kicked,” Brooke said.

“Really? I said that?” CJ asked, mostly to herself. “Well at least I didn’t swear up a storm like usual. My personal favorite is telling my uncle he should go jump off a cliff into a kiddie pool of piranhas.”

“You don’t remember saying that?” Liam asked.

“Nope, don’t even remember you guys coming home. Or making pancakes. Did you save me any?”

“Yes, right here!” Louis said adorably, handing her a plate.

She sat down next to us and ate a stack of colorful pancakes, but not before she went to the fridge and pulled out some of her homemade syrup.

“Where did that come from?” Liam asked curiously.

“I brought it,” CJ answered.

“Who the hell brings syrup with on a road trip?” Brooke asked, giving her an odd look.

“Um, CJ?” Zayn asked.

“Yeah Brooke, you should know by now not to question me,” CJ said with a grin.

We told CJ all about our drive to find Harry.

“That guy was going to eat him!” I laughed.

“Pfft! I could have fought him off,” Harry scoffed.

“Okay, keep telling yourself that,” I said.

After eating, I leaned into Niall and said, “I’m full.”

“What?” Katie gasped. “Melody full? Either she’s dying or it’s the end of the world.”

Brooke leaned over Zayn and slapped her hand to my forehead.

“Ow,” I complained.

“You do feel a bit warm,” Brooke continued, ignoring me.

“No, you’re just always cold,” I said, pulling away from her hand. “I feel fine. Actually, I do have a small headache, but I’m assuming that’s because Harry hit me in the head with a pan this morning and you just slapped me.”

“Oh, don’t be such a wimp,” Harry said.

I stuck my tongue out at him and said, “Don’t be such a bitch.”

“I take offense from that,” Harry told me.

“Good!” I giggled, hiding behind Niall.

“Children! Behave,” CJ warned.

We all quieted down and finished our pancakes. After a moment, Liam noticed Louis was completely engrossed in his phone.

“Lou, who’re you texting?” Liam asked.

“Eleanor. She’s on her way here now!” Louis giggled happily. “She’ll be here tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been under a bit of stress lately. I'll try and do better I promise!