Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 29

I watched sadly as my friends packed up and left the next morning. There were hugs goodbye and promises to see eachother again soon.

The boys and I were quiet when we got back to the tour bus. Not even Louis could lighten the mood. He missed his girlfriend and his new friends already. We all did.

Thankfully we didn't have to do much but wait patiently as we drove to our next concert. Niall, the other boys and I cuddled on the couch and watched a movie.

I tried to turn my phone on to see if my friends had called, but I had to shut it off. My phone blew up with mean and threatening texts and phone calls.

"You'll probably have to get a new number," Liam said, and I only nodded, feeling exhausted.

Niall had to shut his phone off too. He kept getting texts and tweets from people 'warning' him that I was a bad person and that he should stay away from me.

Niall did his best to comfort me. He even cooked for me. I did my best for his sake to be happy, and got mad at myself. I had the perfect boyfriend who was going insane to make me happy. Even though my friends were gone, I still had the boys who were like family to me. I was a guitarist for One Direction. I was acting like an ungrateful, pouty brat.

I put a smile only face and got off the couch. Niall's smile grew as he saw me get up and help him with dishes. The other boys became their normal cheery selves too, and they made me laugh. How could I not be happy with them around? It made me realize how much I loved each of them, and I decided that no matter what, they would always be there for me.

We all climbed into our bunks happy that night, even though we missed our friends.

---------

The next morning, everyone seemed a little out-of-sorts. Liam had trouble keeping track of things. Louis wasn’t his usual cheery self. Niall and I weren’t very hungry. Zayn was grumpier than usual, and Harry kept running into things.

“Harry, there’s a wall there,” I reminded him as he ran smack into one.

“Thank you Melody. I hadn’t noticed. What would I ever do without you?” He asked sarcastically.

“Crash and burn,” I replied with a smile. He smiled and shook his head at me, running into the corner of a table.

I used Liam’s laptop to go online. Fans were going crazy and attacking me. I ended up disconnecting my twitter and my facebook. Thank goodness people on Tumblr didn’t know who I was. I didn’t want to lose them too.

As the day went on, we managed to pull ourselves together. We weren’t completely whole, but we were good enough for our show. Paul joined us as we went to leave the tour bus.

“I think that it would be a good idea for me to come along this time,” he said.

“Why is that?” Liam asked.

“The fans seem to be a bit crazy here,” Paul said with a shrug.

“Aren’t they all crazy?” Harry joked.

“I’m just doing my job,” Paul said, but he knew more than he was telling us, we just didn’t see it at the time.

We left the bus to walk to the backstage area. The crowd of girls seemed louder and closer than usual.

The mob of angry fangirls swarmed around us. They pulled roughly at my clothes and hair.

"Niall!" I cried as they pulled me away from him.

"Melody!" he called as the crowd pulled me out of his sight. I got hit, pulled, scratched and kicked by the large crowd of roaring fangirls.

Paul grabbed me by the arm and dragged me roughly out of the clutches of the mob and pulled me inside the building.

"Thank you," I panted. He nodded and walked back out to try and control the crowd.

"Melody! Mel, are you alright love?" Niall asked worriedly.

I nodded and said, "Yeah, just give me a minute." I grabbed my side and winced in pain. I was definitely going to have a large bruise there, and all over my body. Gritting my teeth, I stood up straight and smiled at my friends, saying, "Okay! I'm fine! Let's go warm up!"

"Are you sure?" Niall asked.

"We could postpone the show for a bit," Liam offered.

"No! Don't do that! Really guys, I'm fine," I insisted.

"You look like hell," Harry told me. He sounded genuinely concerned, so I didn't snap at him like I usually would have about his comment.

I looked each of them in the eye and said, "I. Am. Fine."

"Alright then! Lets go!" Louis said, leading the way, probably just to change the subject. The boys seemed really upset.

They ran up onto the stage and stood there for a moment, waiting for the crowd to be quiet.

Niall protectively wrapped an arm around me.

"We are very disappointed in some of you," Liam said, crossing his arms.

"Why would you all hurt our Melody like that? Your hurtful comments have caused her to delete her Facebook and twitter. And just outside you actually attacked her! Look! See all of those cuts and bruises? That was all from you lot. Not one of them was there this morning. Shame on all of you," Louis said.

"Melody's been nothing but good to all of us. Why would you go an' treat her that way?" Niall asked.

"Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!" Zayn said with dramatic hand gestures, trying to lighten the mood. The crowd chuckled slightly but many of them had guilty looks or were scuffing their shoes on the ground.

After that, the concert went on mostly like normal, but the comments had nothing to do with me. At least they weren't mean.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that this took so long! I just got distracted with school and life and stuff. SORRY!