Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 30

Things did not get any better after that. I bought a disposable phone, and emailed the number to CJ, Katie, Brooke, and Eleanor. They called me back hoping that I was okay, and I said that I was, but truthfully, I was starting to break.

The incident happened over and over again. Mobs throwing things at me and trying to drag me off. One Direction’s manager had to start calling ahead and calling reinforcements so that they could clear a path for me. I knew that it costed them money to hire so many people to keep me safe.

I got a few threats, but then I started getting so many, that I just didn't care anymore.

I didn't say anything at concerts. Even if I wanted to try, the crowd would drown out my voice with angry shouts. One time, the boys walked me off stage and we left after only the first song. Their managers understood, but the people who paid to have One Direction there were furious. Complaints were filed, and even more threats came.

Niall felt horrible, that they couldn't do something, but what could he do? People in large numbers couldn't be stopped. The boys weren't allowed to walk off stage anymore, because the managers had too many problems already.

It got to the point where Niall and I didn't leave the hotel anymore, and I was afraid to go anywhere without someone by my side.

Heavier objects were thrown at me. People even got kicked out of the concert because they would try and drag me off stage. We had to sleep at hotels but stay in disguise at all times, and we had to rent out the whole floor and post guards at the stairs. People had tried to break into our rooms and leave threats for me.

“Don’t worry Mel, things will get better,” Niall said, trying to comfort me again.

“How? How are they going to get any better Nialler? We've tried everything,” I said looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

“I don’t know, but we’ll think of something else,” he said, holding me close.

I leaned my head against his chest and let him hold me as we became silent.
“Maybe... Maybe I should take a break,” I said softly.

“What? No! What do you mean ‘take a break’?” Niall asked, panicked.

“Not from you, love, from playing guitar. Maybe if I took a break, and another guy stepped in, it would get better.”

Niall was silent, trying to find a good reason to tell me ‘no’.

“I don’t like it,” he said, still thinking hard.

“Neither do I, Nialler, but hey, I’ll still be with you. We’ll still be together. The show can go on, and I’ll come back after things cool down,” I promised.

“As long as we’re together,” he said, leaning his head on mine.

“Forever,” I promised.

“Forever will not be long enough,” he said, kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know it's short, but this needed to happen. Please don't hate me!