Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 31

Paul sent a message to the managers and they scheduled a new guitarist for the next few shows.
I watched from backstage as they performed. The crowd cheered extremely loud when the new guitar guy came on.

“Right, well, we’re going to take questions before the show, being that you’re all probably wondering about this guy. This is Mike,” Liam said, introducing the guitarist. There was a loud cheer and attempted shouts of greeting for the new guy.

“Mike is here to fill in for Melody, until she’s ready to come back,” Harry said.

Gets back? Where did she go? - a fan asked.

Did she really run away because a few people had some things to say?

Or were they too true for her to handle?

She’s pregnant isn't she?
The questions flooded in.

“Hold on! Hold on! Melody is not pregnant, she was told to stay backstage until you lot decide to be nice. Really, she shouldn't have to do this, but people are just being so mean, it needs to stop,” Niall said.

People are not that mean.

So she should stand up for herself.

You’re just saying that because she’s your girlfriend.


“Okay! This is getting out of hand! Everyone stop what you’re doing!” Liam practically shouted.

“People, stop being mean. Right now!” Louis scolded. The crowd fell into a guilty silence.

Then they did their show, got a loud applause, and met me back on the bus.

“Hey, you guys were great!” I said, giving each of them a hug. “You too, new guy!” I added, hugging the guitarist.

“Thanks,” he said, returning my hug before I went to sit by Niall.

“I’m sorry we couldn't make them see that you didn't do any of those things,” Niall said sadly.

“It’s alright, you tried,” I said, trying to make him feel better.

“No, it’s not alright! I they’re all being mean to you because of me!” Niall said, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

“No Niall, not because of you. Because some jealous people said some stupid things and then other people just added onto it. The interviewers are most of the reason why, Niall, not because you did anything wrong,” I said, taking his hand and trying to comfort him.

“Yeah, okay,” he said, but I could tell that he wasn't convinced.

I remained silent after that, slightly angry with the world. Really, who were these people who just showed up and said all of this about me? Who were they to say that I didn't deserve Niall? That I wasn't good enough for him.

Because maybe you don’t deserve him. Maybe, you’re not good enough,” a small voice in my head whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so very sorry that it took this long to update! I've had a bit of writers block, and I've been working hard for the school's Drama performance. There just wasn't much time. And I know this is a very short chapter. I'm just having a little writers block trying to get from point A to point B. I"m so sorry!