Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 7

The concert was amazing. Everyone was happy and I even jumped around the stage with the guys. I almost missed a note when Niall picked me up and spun me around. When he set me down I playfully shoved him away with my side because my hands were busy playing the guitar. He just gave me a goofy grin and continued to sing. I laughed and shook my head at him.

Harry came and bumped into me “accidentally” on purpose. So I shoved him back with my side, which of course started a war. After he bumped me again, I shoved him good and then hid behind Louis. Harry chased me around the stage as I hid behind our band mates. Hiding behind Zayn was a mistake. He and Harry squished me between them, and held me there until the song was over. When it ended and I could take my hands off the guitar, I swatted them both on the arm.

In the middle of the show, the boys took questions and comments again. “Yes Amelia, we can see you way back there!” Liam laughed, responding to a fan’s question. ‘Who’s that girl up there with you guys again?’ I was the only girl on stage, so of course they meant me. “Who this?” Louis asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “This is Melody.” I gave a small smile and a wave to the audience. ‘So right now she’s only your guitarist?’, another fan asked. “Only our guitarist? No, Mel’s a part of our family now,” Zayn said, smiling at me.

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Part of our family had a family again. I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful it felt. ‘I think she meant to ask if Melody was a girlfriend to one of you?’ A fan said. “No, she’s not part of our family like that, ” Liam said. “She’s more like a sister,” Louis added. “Yeah, a little sister,” Harry teased, referring to my shortness, especially when standing next to him. He was huge. “Thanks so much,” I said sarcastically.

When they called me a sister, the crowd seemed to relax a little more and accept me. As if I was no longer a threat by stealing their chances to be with one of the boys. ‘She’s so cute!’ Someone said. I blushed at the compliment. Of course the boys took their opportunity to tease me for it, making me blush more. “I think that might be my new favorite color,” Niall laughed. I stuck my tongue out at him.

After the show we got back on the tour bus and drove to our next destination. Well, most of the way there. The bus parked for the night, so that the boys and I could sleep in peace without being bumped around. I crawled into my bunk and called goodnight to them, and they made me happy by calling goodnight back. I fell asleep quickly.

================================================================

“Melody,” Niall said softly, trying to wake me the next morning. He shook my shoulder lightly. I peeked out at him from my cocoon of blankets. “Niall?” “You should probably get up now.” “Should or have to?” I asked. “You should. I think that Harry will try to pull some sort of prank on you if he gets up in time,” Niall informed me. “Can I sleep for ten more minutes?” “Sleep for as long as you like, but I can only keep him off you for about five after he wakes up.” “Thanks bro,” I said tiredly, already drifting back to sleep. “Bro?” I could hear him ask, but I was already too out of it to answer him.

Seven minutes later, my subconscious heard Niall saying, “Don’t do it Harry.” “Why not?” The British boy asked. “She’ll probably attack you,” Liam told him, “It’ll start a fight.” “My money’s on Melody,” Zayn informed them. “Just make sure she doesn’t fall off and die,” Harry warned them. I was barely hearing, and definitely not comprehending what they were saying.

“Ready? One... Two... Three!” Harry shouted. Someone tore away my blankets and Harry splashed me with a bucket of freezing cold water. “Gah!” I cried, rolling over. Someone had removed the safety bar from the side of my bed and I fell off. Niall, Zayn and Liam caught me. So as to not get wet, or to not get blamed, they set me down quickly. I stood there dripping in my black t-shirt and fuzzy cupcake pajama pants, completely soaked. My wet hair stuck to my forehead as I glared at Harry, who was laughing hysterically and dropped the bucket that he’d used to drench me.

Louis, still holding my blanket, looked over at Harry and said, “Wow. She is pissed.” Harry held his hands out, expecting me to lunge over and tackle him to the ground, which is what I was very tempted to do, but instead I continued to glare at him and threatened, “Remember Styles, revenge is a bitch.” The others made room for me as I got some dry clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

As I closed the bathroom door I could hear Zayn saying, “That was actually pretty terrifying, remind me to stay on Melody’s good side.” “You’re in for it now, Hazza,” Louis laughed. “Told ya this was a bad idea,” Niall told them. “Yeah, whatever, I’m not afraid,” Harry said, trying to be brave. “You should be, mate,” Liam said, “You should be.”

When I came back out of the bathroom I looked out the window and saw everyone standing outside. “What’s going on?” I asked, joining them. The driver got off his phone and said, “The tow truck will be here soon. They should have it fixed by tomorrow morning, so you’ll make it to tomorrow night’s show.” “Where will we sleep tonight?” Louis asked. “I’ll call the nearby hotels,” Liam offered, taking out his phone.

Everything was booked. “There’s no room for us in any of the hotels remotely close to us. Everything is full of people waiting for our concert.” “Anyone have any other ideas?” Harry asked. “Melody? Are you alright?” Niall asked me. I’d been zoning out, staring at the ‘Welcome to Aurora’ sign. “Yeah, I’m fine. This was my hometown before I moved,” I answered, snapping out of my memories of my family.

“Don’t mind us, we’re only trying to find a place to sleep tonight,” Harry teased me. “Actually, thats what I was thinking. One of my friends might let us spend the night,” I replied, “It should be close enough to walk.” I began to walk down the street, expecting them to follow, but Zayn stopped me, saying, “Shouldn’t you call her first?” “I would, but I don’t remember her number and someone destroyed my phone when they dumped a bucket of water on me,” I growled, glaring at Harry. He just grinned and said, “Well, we’d better get going then.”

We told Paul our plans and he decided to stay behind with the driver to look over the work on the bus. He let us go out on our own. I must admit, it was a lot longer of a walk than I remember it ever being. “I’m tired,” Harry complained. “Oh, stop being such a baby,” I teased. He stuck his tongue out at me, making me laugh more. “We’re almost there,” I promised.

I knocked on my friends door, but it was almost impossible to hear. “The lights are on in that room up there,” Liam noted. I shrugged and opened the door. “Katie?” I called, but someone was blasting songs from the One Direction album. “Wait, we’re just going to walk in?” Louis said. “Yeah, we are,” I said leading the way down the stairs, “Come on.”

We looked down the hallway leading to the living room. I could see that Katie had their other friends over. CJ and Brooke were there too. Brooke had taken over Katie’s laptop and was on tumblr while turning down the volume on the music so she and her friends could talk. “I love One Direction! I am so excited to go to their concert!” CJ said happily, imitating a British accent. Brooke flipped through her tumblr blog, giggling at some pictures. “Zayn Malik is a babe, I would totally do him,” she said. “I like your friends already,” Zayn said, making all of them jump.

Brooke fell of the couch swearing as she did so. “Holy fucking jeebus!” With a squeak Katie fell off the back of the couch, landing on the ground with a thud. CJ jumped up and cried, “MELODY!” “Hi guys,” Melody greeted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have updated! I know, this is a very long chapter. Hope you enjoy!