Status: Re-vamping this story! |Active|

Last Hope

Contemplation

I awoke, confused and startled to see most of my group hovering over me.

"Hey, you're finally up," Jess helped me sit up. "Everyone knows about Caitlin's death, we're all being extra careful now but we were pretty worried about you, your wound was pretty bad… I stitched it up as good as I could but I'm only a vet… Caitlin was the medic in our group."

Everyone looked downcast and I shook my head and sighed.

"What happened with Caitlin was bad, but what's done is done, she chose to betray us… now she's dead and we can't do anything about it." I winced at the pain I both felt physically and with my words.

It took a bit longer for me to be able to stand up and move around, it was a slow process but soon the pain subsided and I was wobbling along. Everyone was bustling around and I decided to slip out and got for a walk to clear my head, after promising I wouldn't go far to the group I grabbed the katana sword and made my way out of our hide out.

I walked for a little bit before sitting down, close to the front of the store. I glanced around to check for Omegas when I spotted Ryan. I shifted uncomfortably but didn't move from my spot otherwise.

He came and sat down beside me, close but not close enough to be touching, a few days had passed since I'd called him a monster but I could still cut the tension with the katana sword I had.

"Sophie explained what happened." He was the first to say something.

I sat there for some time, not sure what to say or what he was implying.

"It wasn't your fault." He added.

Ah, he could tell that I blamed myself, but only partially. "I always had some clue that she would pick going to their side, I've known her for years, she always sides with the person or people she knows have a good chance at winning," I explain. "Almost everyone knows that." I finish

"That's why I'm telling you it's not your fault." He informed, almost harshly.

"The Omega, they know their monsters, he said they were, and what they want is to turn everyone else into monsters, they stop having to do the awful things they've done because everyone that's left becomes self-destructive with grief and anger."

For the first time since we started talking I turn to look at Ryan as I finish my sentence, he stares back at me, searching for a reply. I don’t give him a chance to continue.

"You lost your family, all of them and you want revenge…but at what cost?" I stand up, wanting him to think about what I've just said. I turn to leave but stop and look back at him. "You've lost people you loved, but I'm still here… I always have been, right next to you. Don't let your drive for revenge lose me as well."

Without saying another word I leave him to contemplate his thoughts. There wasn't much more I could do at this point, the rest was up to him and his decisions. I just hoped it's be the right decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! :)