Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

I wanna fall so in love

“Goodmorning baby,” I woke up to Jack tracing my face. “How’d you sleep, sweetheart?”

I took a deep breathe and lightly stretched my back, arching it and then laying back down. “Well. How about you, love?” I asked as he laced his hand with mine.

“Amazingly now that you’re next to me.” He kissed my nose lightly. “Do you want to go get something to eat?” I smiled and nodded. “Go get ready babe.” I sat up, holding the sheet to my chest. He kissed me softly and smiled when he pulled away. “Go!”

“Damn.” Jack mumbled as he checked me out. I was wearing a black florally lace half shirt over an off-white bandeau. I was wearing my new grey boots Alex had gotten me for my birthday. “I really like your body,” Jack barely spoke, stepping into me. “I didn’t mean to say that.” He murmured as he continued to run his hands up and down my sides, lightly grabbing my hips. “I don’t think I’m going to be able to control myself anymore, if we don’t leave soon..” I smiled and bit my bottom lip.

“Well, maybe after breakfast.” I said and lightly kissed him. “Come on babe.” I pulled away from him and grabbed his hand.

Jack took me to a nearby Denny’s, and he got us a back booth so we could ‘make out as we pleased.’ It’s never a good idea to take a horny Jack outside the house. “I’m not making out with you in Denny’s.”

“You say that now, but you can’t tell the future.” I rolled my eyes and flicked my crumpled up straw wrapper at him. “Hey, poop head. No need for hostility.” I blew him a kiss and bit my bottom lip. “C’mere.” Jack crooked his finger, I shook my head. “Come here.” He said again. I sighed and leaned over the table, Jack met her in the middle. She pulled away from the kiss and smiled as she sat back down.

“Hi, I’m Angie and I’ll be takin’ care of y’all today!” A cheeky, little, redhead grinned down at us. “Can I get you two cuties somethin’ to drink?” Her accent almost hurt my ears. She had a high pitched voice and a Texan accent. She was dressed in the traditional Denny’s outfit, and her curly, red hair was rolled up into a loose bun.

“Can I have a hot chocolate?” I asked, my voice getting softer by the second. I hated ordering, but it’s something I had to just push through. Jack laughed and his eyes darted over at me.

“I’ll have a pepsi.” Jack said with a grin.

“Jack you do not need that this early.” I scolded him, raising an eyebrow.

“Do too.”

“Jack,”

“Shut up. I want a pepsi, thanks Angie.”

“You two are absolutely adorable!” Angie cooed. “I’ll bring y’all your drinks.” She grinned and spun around. She strutted away and I looked over at Jack. He was smiling at me, there’s a great change he’d been looking for a while, and my face flushed.

“Hey lovebirds!” I looked over to see a grinning Alex, I immediately felt my stomach turn. “Can I join?” His thick eyebrows popped up.

“Sure!” Jack said enthusiastically. “Let’s do a switch-a-roo!” Jack jumped up and slid into my side of the booth, and Alex sat where Jack had just been.

“Here’s your drinks you two, oh! We have an addition!” Angie exclaimed enthusiastically. She set Jack and my drinks in front of us before turning to Alex. “Hi, I’m Angie. What would you like for a drink?” She handed Alex a spare menu. He mused over it for a moment.

“I’ll just have a coffee, thanks Angie.” He grinned up at her, Angie’s cheeks flooded.

“Okie doke,” she chirped and spun around.

“What in the hell is she doing wearing cowboy boots like that with her uniform?” I muttered bitterly. Jack laughed and slid his arm around my shoulders. “She looks stupid.”

“I think she’s cute.” Alex murmured, his cheeks were a light tint of red.

“Of course you do.” Jack coughed uncomfortably and Alex glared at me.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom.” Jack slipped out of the booth and walked away gawkily. I sighed and crossed my arms.

“What the hell is your issue?” Alex asked roughly, moving closer to the table and leaning forward. “Why are you being like this?” His huge eyebrows raised again.

“Why did you try to kiss me yesterday?” I hissed, he sighed and looked away. “Yeah, I’m acting weird because you tried to mack on me.”

“Jesus Abbie, don’t fucking put it like that. It was a stupid mistake. Why would I actually want to kiss you?” I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked away. Tears pricked my eyes. “No, Abs. I didn’t mean it like that..”

“No. Fuck you.” I maneuvered out of the booth and stalked away.

“Abbie!” He yelled after me, he was following me.

“Fuck off.” I yelled back. Alex groaned and pulled me off the sidewalk. He lightly shoved me against the brick wall, his hands placed next to my head. “I hate you. I fucking hate you!” I shouted as I pounded my fists against his chest. I stopped punching and started to cry, I tried to push the tears away. I hate looking pathetic. I let my head fall, and I looked down at my shoes.

“I’m sorry,” Alex murmured, and lifted my chin. He swallowed thickly as he averted his eyes around my face. In just a moment, I felt his lips against mine.

You know that feeling, when your heart just raises and then plummets again? And you can’t breathe, nor can you control yourself? Your stomach rolls over and over, and it’s not butterflies anymore, it’s pterodactyls that are drunk and can’t stop hitting things. That’s how I was feeling.

Somehow, my hands found their way to his light brown hair, and his found my hips. I felt him squeezing my hips, and his lips moved skillfully against mine. I didn’t want to end. I should have. I had Jack, we were together. I shouldn’t be kissing his and my best friend. And I most certainly should not like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't hate me d:
I won't break Jack's heart pinky swear.
please comment & keep reading!
more to come, and very soon.
I love you all so fucking much, you're amazing.
here's a lovely picture of Alex for ya c:
Image
think about fucking kissing him omfg
Image