Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

For it is plain as anyone can see We're simply meant to be

“Come on.” Devin laughed and put his hands over my eyes. He walked behind me and guided me into a room. All I knew was that we were going to a hotel room and we had friends there and it had something to do with my birthday. He pushed the door opened and nudged me into the room.

“I don’t want anything to big Devin.” I whined.

“Okay.” He laughed and kissed the shell of my ear. His took his hands from eyes and set them on my shoulders. It took a while for me to drink in the sight. All of my friends were sitting around the candle lit room wearing gothic finery.

“Happy birthday little vampire.” Michael said and hugged me. “I hope you aren’t angry or anything but we had to do something for you.”

“Oh my god guys this is awesome.” I said. It was simple yet more than I had ever had before. There were drinks and food and the area in front of the TV was cleared or furniture and had blankets and pillows all over it. Next to the TV was a stack of movies and a small pile of wrapped boxes. “Thank you so much.”

“Don’t thank us just yet little vampire.” DJ smiled “We haven’t given you our gifts yet.”

“Should I be afraid?” I asked.

“Nope. Close your eyes and hold out your arms.” Phillip ordered and I did as told. Soon for little soft objects were placed on my arms and I opened them to see plushies but they weren’t just any plushies. There was a Jack Skellington, Sally, Boogey woogy, and zero. “They are from me, Aaron, DJ, and Michael.”

“You like?” DJ asked. I quickly put all of them in one arm and then attacked the guys with a hug even thought it was kind of difficult with just one arm. “She likes them.”

“I love them.” I said and held the plushies closer. “You guys are awesome.”

“Oh we know.” Aaron said and I laughed.

“But before you start liking them more than the rest of us…” Balz said and handed me a little square box. “Don’t laugh please because I stabbed myself like millions of times making that damn thing.”

I set the plushies down carefully on top of the TV and opened the little box. There was a small charm bracelet inside with a charm representing all of my friends and there was a little pink sparkly ball that was clearly Katie. I stared at it and my mouth dropped open.

“Do you like it?”

I opened my mouth but I could make my words come out. It was so perfect. Balz made this? I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time.

“Love?” Devin asked. “Balz I think you broke my girlfriend.”

“It’s perfect.” I whispered and hugged Balz tightly.

“Really? Because I thought that you would think that it was kind of… meh.” He said.

“Nope. It’s awesome.” I said and quickly put it on. “I love it.”

“Us next.” Allie said and Ryan stepped forward handing me a medium sized box. “We are kind of jointed with Ronnie on this one.”

“I um… yeah.” Ronnie said and handed me a small box.

I opened Allie and Ryan’s first and it was a leather and velvet photo album and then I opened the box from Ronnie and there was a little Nikon camera.

“We thought you would like it better than your phone.” Ryan said. I smiled and hugged him tightly and then Ronnie. I was more careful with Allie because she was pregnant. They were smiling just as much as I was and then Ryan laced his fingers in hers. Those two were adorable together and they would make amazing parents.

“And this is from me so you don’t get cold when you go out at night.” Kuza said and passed me a box. Inside was a heavy pea coat with a soft violet lining and a bunch of zippers and chains attached. “I put the embellishments on there. You like shiny things and I figured that you might actually wear the coat that way.”

“Awe you really do have a heart.” I cooed and hugged him.

“Yeah don’t tell anyone thought it is supposed to be a secret.” He chuckled.

“Okay us next.” TJ said and reached under the bed and pulled out a huge box. “This is collectively from my awesome self and Ricky and Jacky.”

“I really hope you like it because we agonized over picking out the right one.” Ricky said and handed me the sort of heavy box.

“Open it!” Jacky commanded and started bouncing in his place.

“Calm down Jacks.” I laughed and undid the paper to reveal a cardboard box. I took the tape of and inside was a bunch of fluff which I took out and my mouth dropped when I saw the guitar case. I quickly opened the latches and saw a beautiful black electric guitar with purple swirls on it.

“What’d they get you?” Chris asked. I carefully lifted it up and drifted my fingers over the strings.

“It’s beautiful guys.” I whispered and gently set in the case.

“Are you sure you like it?” Jacky asked nervously and started chewing on his shirt. “Because if you don’t we can take it back for another one. It wouldn’t be a problem.”

“It’s perfect Jacks.” I laughed and went over to hug him. I felt like hugging everyone today but I don’t know why. “I can start playing again but I just have to brush up on some things first because it’s been months. Thank you guys.”

“Can I give you mine now?” Devin asked and pulled me back to him.

“Are sure that it is appropriate to give to her with all of us present?” Angelo snickered and we all started laughing as Devin turned scarlet. I had heard all about his rep for living with his mind in the gutter but in the time that I had known him I hadnt seen any sign if it… all the same I found Angelo’s comment funny. Devin’s pale face was dark red now so I felt sorry for him. I leaned up and kissed his dark cheek and he smiled.

“But if we do need to clear the room we’ll just watch from the window.” TJ said and Devin snorted indignantly.

“No it isn’t like that.” he huffed and reached into his pocket. “I just have something to say and I don’t give a flying fuck if you immature dumb asses hear it.” My eyes widened when he pulled out a purple velvet box.

“Are you proposing Sola?” Allie asked.

“Not yet.” He said softly and opened the little box. He took my hand and slid the small silver ring onto my ring finger. It had a black rose with little red stones in the petals. “In the time I have known you Devlyn you have captivated me with your dedication to your friend, to us, and to our family… even though at times we can be idiots and I have no idea how you put up with us. I love you and I plan to ask you to marry me at the perfect time… perhaps when your brother doesn’t look like he wants to murder me. I really have fallen in love with you and I promise to always love you sooo with that said if you leave me right now you will be taking my heart with you and-.” He was starting to babble so I kissed his lips to shut him up and then I hugged him.

“I love you to and I wouldn’t leave you. Don’t worry about not having a heart though because you have mine and you have my soul.” I whispered in his ear and then laughed quietly. “I sold my soul to the Devil.” He hugged me tighter and laughed to.

“We really can clear the room if you want us to.” Phillip laughed and I back away from Devin and blushed. I turned around and smiled at all of my friends who really had become my family. Michael had his arms crossed and was glaring at Devin. He took his role as my big brother seriously… sometimes too seriously.

“Michael he isn’t going to hurt me. He hasn’t yet and he won’t.” I chuckled and he turned his eyes to me. “And to top that off we haven’t barely even been able to kiss yet because there is the immanent threat of DJ, TJ, Ricky, Josh or Ronnie bursting in at any moment.”

“But he is a guy Devlyn. I trust you Devin I do but Devlyn he is a guy and guys-.”

“Guy? This is Devin.” I snorted. “He is quiet and any dirty thoughts he has are kept in his head.”

“But he-.”

“Is nicer than I am and he put up with my depression and didn’t run away. Most guys run away from a crying girl much less one that wont talk or eat. My point is that if I was gonna be hurt it would’ve already happened.”

“Okay fine… but if you do hurt her Devin I will kill you.” He huffed.

“We’ll help.” Chris said and gestured to everyone in the room.

“Hey Chris before Devin sinks into the floor give her our present… or did you lose it?” Angelo said and tapped his foot.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY (insert whatever you celebrate today)!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=9tCT73-yjS4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=6oxUM44GM2Q[/youtube]

~

Title Credit: The Nightmare Before Christmas- The finale