Status: Updates at least once a week.

Still So Free

2

“Hey Andi, I’m going out tonight!” I yelled to my roommate as I walked past the living room into my room.

“Who are you going with?” She yelled back as I undressed and brushed my hair.

“Some guys at the bar, they were really cute! Do you want to come out too?”

“I want to, but I can’t. I’ve been working on this end of term paper all night, and I have 3 more pages to go!”

“Alright, I’m only gonna be out for a couple hours.” As I quickly changed into some skinny jeans with a purple lose fitting shirt and black high heels, I pulled my hair up into a bun and slipped some feather earrings in.

I walked back into the living room, “Do I look okay?” I asked Andi who was making another pot of coffee.

“Of course you do, Hay! Go and have some fun, I’ll probably still be right there on the couch when you get back!”

“Hah, well I’ll see you then! Don’t stress yourself out too much, you know Harcourt is an easy grader!”

“Yeah, yeah.” She said nonchalantly. She was an over achiever and even if the teacher handed out grades just to make sure he didn’t have to see his student’s faces any more, I knew she still wanted to have the best paper in the class.

***

“Hey!” I said as I walked over to Kelly who was waiting outside the club, “Ready?”

“Let’s get this party started!” Kelly said as we walked right past the guard out front.

I quickly looked for the biggest group of boys and shortly spotted Alex. I caught his eye and waved as we walked over.

“Hey Hayley, I’m glad you could make it. And you might be?” He asked pointedly at Kelly.

“I’m Kelly. Nice to meet you! I hope you’re ready to dance because these boots were not made for walking.” Kelly said with a grin on her face and a wink in her eye. I think she’d had her eye on Alex the whole night.

Suddenly I heard my name being called and I turned around to the boy with the floppy skunk like hair, “You’re here!”

“Yeah I know!”

“Well I’m glad,” he added with a sheepish grin.

“I don’t think I caught your name at the bar.”

“It’s Jack!” He yelled over the music that suddenly seemed to get louder.

I pointed at the dance floor and said, “I think that was our cue!”

“Sounds like it!”

As he pulled me onto the dance floor, I noticed another tall boy with short blondish hair. He was wearing a white v-neck shirt with a black vest hanging loosely over it and skinny jeans. I had never seen anyone quite like him and it was intriguing.

I turned my attention back to Jack and started dancing to the beat of the music. Soon his hands were on my waist and we were swaying perfectly in time. We soon spotted Alex and Kelly dancing, and made our way over. For about half an hour we all danced moving perfectly in time.

“Whoa, I’m getting hot, anybody else wanna get a drink?”

“Sure,” said Alex, “You guys gonna keep dancing?”

“Yeah!” Kelly and Jack yelled at the same time.

I grabbed Alex’s hand and pulled ourselves through the crowd over to the bar to grab a drink.

“What do you want?” I asked Alex.

“A beer, but I’m buying. What do you want?”

“I’m gonna buy my own drink but I’ll have a beer too!”

“Seriously, Hayley, I’ll buy the drinks.”

“Alright, I’m not going to fight you on this one, but next time I’m buying!”

When we got our beers, we walked back to the table they’d snagged and I sat next to Alex across from the guy I’d seen earlier.

“Do you know John?”

“Nope. Nice to meet you! I’m Hayley!”

“Nice to meet you too, Hayley! How do you know Alex?”

Alex started before I could and said, “She was the waitress at the bar we went to after the concert while you guys got ready.”

“Oh you guys went to the concert!?” I said wondering if they knew much about the bands.

“We kind of played it.” John said smirking.

“No!” I said shocked. I hadn’t even thought twice. I just thought they were college students from America also.

“Yes!”

“Wow! So what bands are you in? What do you play?”

Alex answered first, “I’m the lead singer and I play guitar in All Time Low.”

John followed, “I’m also the lead singer and play guitar in The Maine.”

“Is this your first tour in England?” I asked actually interested.

“It’s mine,” said John, “but Alex has been around the world quite a few times."

“Yeah I’ve heard about All Time Low, I was told they were like America’s You Me At Six.”

“We’ve heard that too,” said Alex, “they’re actually good friends!”

“That’s so cool! I saw them at Leeds a couple years ago!”

“Awesome, they’re great!”

“What do you think about London?” I asked John as I focused to him.

“It’s really cool, I don’t know how you handle this groggy weather though!”

“Yeah it’s still weird for me, a lot different than Arizona heat.”

“You’re from Arizona!?”

“Yeah! I live right outside of Tempe, do you know where that is?"

“I should since I live there too!” John said with a huge smile on his face.

“Wow! What high school did you go to?”

“Mountain Pointe, you?”

“I went to Crystal Pines! You were so close, and we never crossed paths and now we’re across the
world meeting for the first time.”

“Huh, do you think it was a coincidence?”

“Maybe, but maybe not,” I said shooting him a flirtatious look.

For the rest of the night we talked and at one point I got up to dance with John, but I soon realized it was 4 in the morning. I had to get back to bed if I had any chance of waking up in the morning. Thank God this was a professor who didn’t mind sweatpants.

“Where’s your next show?” I asked John as we walked out of the Venue.

“I don’t know, I know it’s on Saturday though. And it’s fairly close because we’re spending the day in London tomorrow. Maybe you would like to hang out with us?”

“Class gets out at eleven. Why don’t you text me and let me know where you are and I’ll come meet you guys for lunch?”

“I can’t wait,” he said as he handed me his phone for me to put in my number.

“Me either, I’m excited to show you guys the city.”

***

As I fell to sleep that night, I could feel the smile on my face in anticipation for tomorrow. I hadn’t made new friends in a while and this would be good for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the people that have read and subscribed so far. Yay for 2 updates in one night. This one was 4 pages in microsoft word! Anyway, I probably won't update tomorrow because I'm going to see and meet All Time Low!:D Again, thank you and look out for the next update!