Status: Updates at least once a week.

Still So Free

6

“Hold on, I’ll be there in a second,” I called out as I heard knocks on the door.
I clicked on my iPod dock and ran to the door.

“Hey!” They all said as they walked in.

“Hayley!” Pat called before he jumped on and knocked me to the floor.

“Pat!” I said through my laughs.

“What’s up girl?” Garrett said as he helped me up off the ground.

“Not much. How are you guys?”

“Good, the new place looks great!” Kennedy said as he made his way into the living room.

“Hey, Hayley.” Josie said nonchalantly as she breezed past me to the beer cooler.

“Thanks guys! It’s not really done yet but it already feels like home!”

“As it should,” John said as he gave me a squeeze and followed Josie.

“So how have you been?” Jared said as he cracked open a beer.

“Great! I miss London, but it’s great to be back. It’s a little bit different here than when I left, but I’m a lot different now than I was before.”

“What’s the plan for tonight?”

“I don’t know what do you guys want to do?”

“I know the perfect game to get everyone a little bit tipsy-” Garrett said as he hopped on the counter.

“Don’t you dare,” John yelled from the living room.

“Never have I ever,” Garrett finished as I heard John outwardly groan.

“YES!” Pat yelled.

“I haven’t played that since the tenth grade,” I said a little tense, remembering that night all too well.

“Then it’s the perfect,” Kennedy piped up.

“Alright I guess so. Let’s go play in the living room.”

I grabbed a beer and followed Garrett into the living room. John and Josie sat on the love seat. Garrett, Kennedy, and Jared sat on the larger couch and Pat and I sat on the floor across from them.

“I’ll go first,” said Kennedy, “Never have I ever gotten into a fist fight.”

John, Garrett and I all took swigs.

“Oh c’mon, what’s your story Hayley?” Josie said.

“In the eleventh grade, some girl called me a slut in the hallway and I threw a punch. 3 days of in school suspension for me, but 2 weeks with a black eye for her.”

“Not too shabby,” John added.

“What about you John?” I said.

“A couple tours ago, we all went out to a bar and got way wasted. As we were leaving some punk decided to call me fag, I walked over to him and said, ‘If I’m a fag, I don’t even want to know what that makes you’ and then I punched him in the gut ensuing an all-out brawl.”

“The next day John could barely stand and we had to play a show. It was pretty hilarious if you ask me.” Kennedy said.

Now it was Jared’s turn.

“Never have I ever stolen something.”

This time only John and I took swigs.

“Never have I ever,” Garrett said, “ran away from home.”

I took a long swig on that one. Now it was my turn.

“Never have I ever been in love.”

Before I could take my drink, John said, “Can we play a different game now?”

“Is there an issue, John?” Josie said.

“No, I just don’t think this game is loads of fun.”

“Sure.” Josie snapped.

“Why don’t we all go out?”

“I’m up for it,” Kennedy said.

“Sounds good to me,” Jared said, “I can call Tessa.”

“I can call Alex,” Garrett said.

“Cool, Why don’t I go change and then do you guys want me to meet you at your place?”

“Alright, see you over there in 15 minutes. I’m not giving you enough time to get any prettier,” John said.

“Let’s go,” Josie said as she got up and walked out.

Soon they all followed.

I walked back to my room and grabbed a black pencil skirt followed by a blue long sleeve shirt with a zipper down the back. I grabbed black pumps and put my hair into a high ponytail. I finished the look off with black mascara and eyeliner. After giving myself an approving look I made my way over to the boy’s apartment.

I knocked and when I heard no answer, I let myself in.

“Hello?”

Jared walked out of his bedroom and told me Josie and John were fighting. Apparently this was normal.

“Are we still gonna go?”

“Yeah probably without Josie though. Usually they get into fights. John gets drunk and ends up apologizing to her the next day.”

Without having time to think about what he had just said Tessa walked in.

“Oh, hello! I didn’t realize another girl was coming.”

“Hey Tess! This is Hayley. Remember how I told you how we met in London and she showed us around town?”

“Oh yeah! It’s so nice to meet you! All the boys just loved hanging out with you.”

Taken aback by her sweetness I said, “It’s nice to meet you to. It’s not hard hanging out with them either. They’re all incredibly sweet.”

“Oh trust me, I know.” Tessa said back before kissing Jared on the cheek.

“I’M SO DONE WITH YOU JOHN.” We all heard Josie yell as a door slammed and she came walked right past us and out the door.

Jared quickly said, “I’m gonna go check on John.”

“So what brought you back here?” Tessa said looking genuinely interested.

I began talking to her about college and the move. She was so nice that it wasn’t hard talking to her at all.

Before long Kennedy, Garrett, Alex, and Pat had all come in. Alex and Tessa were already good friends and Alex was just as nice. I began to get really excited about tonight. These were exactly the kind of people I needed in my life.

“What are we waiting on?” Kennedy asked.

“John and Josie had a fight. Jared is talking to him now.” Tessa answered.

We all talked for a little bit longer before John and Jared came out.

“Alright let’s go,” Jared said as John just stood there.

I looked at John worried because I had never seen him so pale. Alex nudged me and said, “Don’t worry about John. He’s a tough cookie.”

I followed everyone out to the cars. Tessa, Jared, John and I all rode in Jared’s car as he wasn’t planning on drinking much. It was a little bit awkward but it wasn’t long before we had reached the club.

Tonight was going to be interesting to say the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
This wasn't exactly how I wanted the chapter to go but this is how I wrote it and I have a great idea on how to really get the story started. What do you guys think is going to happen?