Shaken and Stirred

Still Here

Gerard gazed at the white wall that lay before him. He had gotten a hold of the rest of the band, informing them of what had happened. They all sat in that noisy waiting room, waiting for a sign. But Gerard couldn’t wait; he needed to hear the words, the words that would say she was alive. The words that would make everything okay, once again. He needed to see her brilliant bright smile. He needed Raven, he knew without her he wouldn’t be able to move on.

“Gerard,” Mikey said trying to give Gerard some coffee, “You’ve got to get some sleep.”

“I can’t leave until I know she’s okay.” Gerard answered taking it. Mikey sighed and yawned a bit, he sat next to Frank, snuggling close trying to get comfortable. Gerard sighed, leaned his head on the nearest wall sipping the weak coffee that the hospital tried to pass off as gourmet.

“Gerard, everything will be okay.” Bob said, walking to his friend. He put a hand on Gerard’s shoulder, and then smiled softly at the dark haired man,

“You don’t know that, Bob. She was cut at the artery.” Gerard whispered, letting a tear or two escapes his eyes, “Bob…if she….if she…”

“Shh…” Bob tried to quiet him. Gerard latched on to his friend, crying into stomach. His muffled screams were heard by the people around him,

“If she dies I will die too! I lost her so long ago! I will not lose her again!” He cried into the Bob’s stomach. Bob rubbed Gerard’s messy hair trying to sooth him.

“Shh, now. It will be okay, Gerard. She’s a tough girl, she will get through this.” Gerard nodded and sniffled a bit. Bob sat next to him, letting his band mate cry on his shoulder. Ray stood up quickly, and Gerard looked at him with wide eyes,

“What?” Gerard called to him. Ray just looked in the distance. The doctor was standing there looking down at a sheet of paper. Gerard got up and ran to the doctor, “Well? Will she be okay?”

“For now she is in stable conditions, but with the baby, we won’t know how long it will last.”

“Will…will she survive?” Gerard whispered to the doctor. The doctor only said,

“Only tomorrow will hold the information.”

“Can we see her?” Mikey piped up,

“Only one person.” The doctor said, walking away. Gerard didn’t let the boys vote on who was going, he just left. He ran down the hallways, his heart beating. Gerard didn’t want to waist a second without her. He found her room and opened the door. Her brown hair was sprawled around her heart-shaped face. She was hooked up to so many machines and things. Gerard looked sadly at her form and went by her side. He picked her hand gently, kissing the back of it,

“Hey, Ras. It’s me Ardy….” A tear fell out of his hazel eyes, “Will you get up soon? I wanna ask you something very important. Will you be my wife?” A soft sigh left Raven’s body, “You will get out of this alive, you have to Ras….if you die,” Tears streamed out of his face, “If you die, I don’t know what I will do. I know you haven't forgiven me for those many years ago, but I wanna make it up to you, Raven…I want to grow old with you. Please don’t die.” Gerard put his face into her stomach, “God! I’ve never believed in you, but please God, don’t let her die. Please don’t let her die!”

The morning came to judge the two lovers. In the room, silence was interrupted by the faint beeping of the heart monitor. Gerard was snoring, as usual, but what was more impressive, Raven opened her eyes slowly looking at the man that lay across her stomach.

“Gerard,” She whispered hoarsely. The man looked up and tears fell out his eyes. He grabbed Raven and hugged her tightly.

“Ras!” He cried, “You are alright, you are perfectly fine!”

“I’m not perfectly fine, but I am better. What did the doctor say about the baby?” Raven asked, looking around.

“That the baby would be fine, but it’s a possibility that it would be born with birth defects.”

“Oh,” Raven said softly. She looked down at her stomach and let a few tears fall down her face. Gerard looked at her and wiped them,

“What’s the matter?”

“I was so scared.”

“Ras…” Gerard cooed to her, Raven cried hard looking down,

“I was so scared that I was going to die alone, and then you came. I don’t want to die alone.” She hugged him tightly and then cried in his shoulder. Raven stopped to cry and smiled, wiping the tears off of her face.

“Raven, I will never let you die alone.” Gerard whispered before kissing her lips gently, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Gerard…” The two just looked into each other eyes, as the world turned around them. They had finally found each other, and from this moment on they weren’t going to let go of each other.