Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Kassandra DeLuca

Sitting out by the pool in the warm afternoon sun, Kass was trying to relax. It was only a matter of time before the boys sent her home and she knew it. She just thought it sucked, mostly because it seemed she never stood a chance anyway. Sighing, she heard the door open and smiled when she found Abelia walking over.

“Hey,” Kass greeted, glad that it wasn’t Jenna. Every time she saw that girl all she could think about was how Liam had picked her. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,” the girl replied as she took a seat beside Kass. “I just thought I’d check on you.”

“Abelia,” Kass began her smile falling. The girl had been worried about her since the Jenna/Liam incident, but Kass really didn’t want Abelia to worry about her. “I’m fine. Really.”

Abelia gave her a look that just screamed she didn’t believe her, but Kass couldn’t blame her. She still hadn’t convinced herself that she was alright, how could she possibly convince anyone else.

“I’m serious,” Kass said tugging on her grey Stones shirt. “I have no regrets.”

“Not even the tattoo?” Abelia asked and Kass grimaced. The tattoo was a bit of a sore spot and after Kass’s fight with Liam, she didn’t know if she had done the right thing.

“That’s…” Sighing, Kass looked over to the cool blue waters of the pool. Her mind worked over it for a few moments before she finally turned back to Abelia. “You know what? No, I don’t regret it. I mean, at that time it was exactly what I wanted. Even with what happened, how this all turned out, I still think it stands. I didn’t gain anything. ‘No Payne, No Gain.’” Then Kass stopped. “Maybe that’s not true,” she began slowly looking at the sweet girl that had been so shy at the start of the show. “I think I did gain a friend.”

“It still doesn’t make up for what he did to you,” Abelia stated with a frown. “I thought he was going to give you another chance.”

“Oh, Abelia,” Kass said as realization dawned on her. “You didn’t.”

The girl blushed as she looked to her feet. Kass sighed again, Abelia was far too nice for this place and Kass was glad that she had found her boy, it still remained one of the only good things for her to look at in this competition.

“It was sweet of you to ask him to do that,” Kass began as she took Abelia’s hand. “But he’s already got his mind made up.”

“But he was wrong to write you off, Kass,” she replied before Kass let go of her hand.

“Yeah,” Kass sighed. “I honestly just don’t know what he sees in Jenna-”

“Excuse you?” a new voice asked causing the girls to turn their attention to the blond that had joined them by the pool. Neither had heard her come out and now it seemed she’d overheard the last bit of their conversation. “Who are you to even have an opinion on it?”

“Wow,” Kass stated as she stood to face her old rival. “Really?”

“Yeah,” Jenna replied as her hands hit her hips. “I mean, come on. He dropped you the first day.”

Kass felt the jab go straight to her gut. She didn’t like to think of her first impression on Liam, it had been a horrible moment for her. “I apologized for what happened and he got over it. According to him, it was a fresh start.”

“Do you really think that?” Jenna asked and Kass couldn’t help but scoff. “He was already starting to like me by then.”

“Jenna, please. Just walk away and I will forget everything you’ve said and you can just sit back and wait for me to be sent home,” Kass tried not feeling up to an argument.

“Is that you admitting that I’m right?”

Pursing her lips, Kass glared at the girl. “No, that is not me saying your right. I just don’t want to fight with you.”

“Well it’s a little late for that considering you were talking shit about me,” Jenna snapped stepping closer so she was looking down on the short redhead.

“Go to Hell, Jenna,” Kass shouted.

“You first,” the girl retorted with a light shove.

“Really?” Kass yelled. “Do you have to kick me while I’m down? I mean, come on I had to watch Liam confess his undying love for you. I have to watch you two go on dates and flirt while I sit here and just wait to be sent home. But I have no right to have an opinion and you get to push me?” Kass moved to lightly shove the girl back, but lost her footing as she took the step.

Grabbing onto the blond, they both went down into the pool. The water engulfed them and when their heads bobbed back to the surface Jenna screamed.

“You, Bitch! You did that on purpose,” Jenna yelled as Sadie walked out of the house. Haley and Rachel were looking through the second floor windows watching the scene and all Kass could think to do was climb out of the pool.

“Think whatever the hell you want, Jenna, I’m done. I hope you’re happy.”

Pushing past Sadie, Kass moved through the house dripping wet as she found the staircase she heard the front door open. There he was, the one and only Liam Payne. His eyes looked over to Kass confused at her soaked state.

“What happened to you?” he asked taking the few steps to put his hand on the stair railing.

Kass opened her mouth and for a moment thought of telling him about what happened, but with a shake of her head she changed her mind. “Nothing, I just… I just fell into the pool,” she said as Abelia hurried over to the stairs.

The quiet girl glared at Liam before saying, “Your girlfriend is a little busy at the moment, you might want to come back later.”

Liam let go of the railing in surprise as the two girls hurried up the steps. As they disappeared from sight, he turned around and decided to come back later when it was less likely he’d run into them. Kass and Abelia just went straight to the room they shared.

Quickly Kass grabbed her clothes and suit case and started throwing things into it. She just wanted to go home. She didn’t want to see Jenna or Liam or have to watch Jenna’s face as Kass got sent home. All she wanted to do was change into dry clothes and leave.

“Kass,” Abelia stated, pulling the pile of clothes from the redheads hands. “What are you doing?”

“I’m packing,” she replied. “They’re gonna send me home anyway, and I’m sure Jenna will tell Liam that I pushed her into the pool and that means I’ll be leaving at the elimination. Might as well just bow out and not give her that satisfaction.”

“Calm down,” Abelia said, grabbing the girl by the wrists. “Don’t leave until they make you. You only stood up for yourself, you didn’t say one bad thing about Jenna, you didn’t even tell Liam about the fight. Just stay until the elimination and walk out with your head held high.” Abelia bit her lip as she looked at her friend. “Please?”

Kass took a deep breath, her eyes closing before she let it out. “Only because you asked me too,” she said pulling her arms out of the other small girls hand so that she could wrap them around her friend. “Abelia, if for nothing else, I’m glad I got to meet you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! How's things?

Let us know what you're thinking of this in a comment! We love your opinions.

xoxo