Status: Progress

Caught in the Crossfire

Ashton Carter

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” Ashton exclaimed as she waved her arm and threw the door open. Walking inside, she tossed her jacket onto the coat rack and spun on her heel to face the curly haired boy following her. “Do you have any idea how irresponsible that was? How stupid? You could have gotten us both killed!”

Harry shrugged as he slipped off his jacked and toed off his shoes. “If you’re scared of dying you’re in the wrong business sweetheart,” he told her with a smirk. His voice was dripping with condescension that made Ashton’s blood boil.

Her mouth dropped open in an ‘O’ formation but before she could retort with something equally scathing Harry’s mouth was covering hers. On impact, a flash of Harry taking off her clothes floated through her mind. Shutting out the vision, she shoved him back against the nearest wall and kissed back for a moment. She bled her frustration into that kiss before nipping his bottom lip and pulling away.

“Sorry babe,” she cooed, “I’m not in the mood to get naked.”

As Harry stared at her open mouthed and panting, Ashton smirked and turned towards the long hallway that would take her to her room. She made sure to swing her hips seductively as she went.

“Come on,” Harry called after a long moment. “I’ll make it rain. I know you love that.”

Ashton bit her lip and turned around like she was actually considering it. Just when Harry started to look hopeful she made the painting on the wall next to him zoom towards his head. Water spouted from his fingertips as he lazily flicked it away. The blonde watched as the painting of a rough ocean tide rolling into a beach hit the floor and cracked apart.

“You’ve gotta do better than that, Asher,” Harry laughed, grinning from ear to ear. “Now don’t make me ruin this new carpet with a tsunami.”

Ashton rolled her eyes and fisted her hands on her hips. “Why would I get into bed with you after you nearly got me killed?” The girl snapped causing the glass figurines by the coat rack to rattle.

Harry glanced at them before turning back to Ashton. “So I can make it up to you,” he tossed back, his lips quirking into a cheeky grin. “C’mere and if you don’t like what’s going on upstairs I’ll let you go sulk in peace.”

Ashton rolled her eyes again but she caved. Harry met her halfway, a smirk on his face as he reached out and placed his hands on her hips. The visions started but as soon as Harry slipped his fingers under the hem of her shirt they were intensified by the skin-to-skin contact. Images of the things Harry wanted to do to her rolled through her mind and her eyes slipped shut as a soft groan fell from her lips.

Harry grinned and pushed her up against the wall, his lips finding her neck as her fingers carded through his curls. When the visions stopped – they were always temporary – she pushed Harry back and started towards her room.

“Sorry,” she called over her shoulder, “I didn’t like what was going on upstairs.”

She could practically feel Harry’s eye roll as she continued towards her room. “Yeah because that’s what moaning and running your fingers through my hair says,” he called after her. She could hear the frustration in her voice and it brought a smile to her lips.

That’s what you get for almost killing me, she thought to herself as the door to her bedroom flew open as she reached it. It shut as soon as she was inside and she let out a sigh of relief. The tall blonde dove for her bed and buried her face in her pillows. She willed herself to calm down, willed herself not to get up and go running back to Harry.

He needed this; he needed to know he couldn’t have her whenever he wanted just because he was seriously good at turning her on. Ashton forced herself to remember that he almost got them killed, that he was irresponsible and stupid just because he wanted to impress a pretty girl. He always wanted to impress some pretty girl.

Rolling over, Ashton pressed the palms of her hands into her eyes and sighed. She was seriously tempted to grab the nearest object and turn it into a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. It was days like today that she forgot why she decided to work with Harry, why she decided to trust him with her life. He’s all you have, she reminded herself and shook her head.

Pushing herself out of bed, she told herself that going to apologize was the right thing. She told herself that telling Harry she overreacted would be good, that it would calm him down and help her next time they had to save someone. Of course she was lying to herself and deep down she knew that but she still found herself walking through the house toward Harry’s ‘lair’ as he liked to call it.

It was the biggest room in the house with the biggest bed she’d ever seen. With two walls being actual walls, the others were floor to ceiling windows looking out on the ocean. Ashton was secretly in love with that room.

As she neared the lair she heard grunts and moans. She knew what was coming, what she would find but she still pressed forward and entered. He had already moved on with his newest flavor of the week. Ashton was tempted to make the lamp by his bed fly towards his head but he spotted her before she could.

“This could have been you,” he ground out with a smirk. “You’re welcome to join and find out I’m still thinking of you.”

Rolling her eyes, Ashton slipped out of the room and tried to fight the surging feeling in her stomach. Right now she needed to scrub that image from her mind, not worry about the emotions flooding her system. She could worry about those later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amanda here. I'll be writing Ashton and Harry.
Micah's next.
Comments are love!