Status: progress.

Dear Whoever.

flustered boys and red lips.

“You know El you don’t have to come sweetheart.” Mrs Brock explained to the very flustered girl in front of her.

The family were going to the O’Callaghan residence tonight for somewhat of a formal dinner and well the Brock family knew Eleanor wasn’t really that good with large crowds of people, all except Kennedy who seemed to think that she would be fine, John, Pat, Garrett and Jared would be there as well as him and she knew them, so he thought she’d been fine.

In all honestly El wanted to go, she knew she’d have to start interacting with other, older people if she honestly wanted to get better, feel better. She was willing and determined, that was for sure.

Shaking her head Eleanor smiled, taking the last sip of her orange juice. “No no, I want to go- it’ll be nice, I’m sure of it.

Sceptically Mrs Brock smiled at the girl. “Right okay dear, I’ll let Jenny know.”

Simply Eleanor just nodded before bounding up the stairs, she had to look at least half decent tonight, so she may as well start getting ready now.

She turned the shower on, stepping into it and letting herself relax, letting the hot beads of water clean away any anxiety she had about tonight. She washed her hair with apple shampoo, letting it cascade down her back, leaving a nice sent around her. She made sure she shaved her legs etc. seeing as if it was formal then she was sure that she would need to be wearing dress instead of shorts.

Feeling refreshed the small girl stepped from the shower, engulfing herself with a fluffy towel and pattering into her room, sitting on her bed and yawning.

Feeling grateful that her legs were actually tanned she went on a search to find a dress, not that she had a whole lot but she was sure she would find one for the occasion. After about ten minutes of searching she came across what she would call the “perfect” dress. It was white at the top, a patterned material, and red on the bottom half, flowing out slightly so it looked like there were a few layers underneath. Smiling she placed the dress back on her bed before deciding it was probably time to start her make-up or whatever.

Mentally slapping herself she realized that she shouldn’t of washed her hair, it wouldn’t go right at all , and she could not have it on the curly mess she usually did. About to give up all hope she sighed, rubbing her temple until a bright idea came into her, proud of her self for thinking of it she grinned.

Tightening the towel around her body she grabbed her mass of hair and plaited her fringe, being careful to make sure it was quite thick, she then scrunched the rest of her hair into a “messy” bun, securing it with a bottle before clipping the plait to the side.

She then let the towel drop from her body, pulling on her underwear and dress before applying a small amount of mascara and red lipstick; laughing she shook her head, the majority of her was red; her hair, her lips and her dress- at least it went all together though.

A thought then hit her; she had no shoes that would go with this dress, at all. Groaning she hit her head. “Not my day today, at all.” She grumbled to herself.

Her thoughts were then soon interrupted as Mrs Brock popped her head around Eleanor’s door. “Me and Mark are going now, to help set up. Ken said that Garrett is picking you two up, you alright with that?”

El gave a small smile nodding, hoping the distressed look on her face would go unnoticed.
But of course, with her luck, it didn’t. “Oh honey what’s wrong?”

“I have no shoes to go with this dress and I’ve got all ready and you know? It’s just frustrating!”

Mrs Brock pondered for a second before she grinned, rushing out of the room into her own, leaving Eleanor confused as to what just happened. She came back just a mere few seconds later holding a black pair of high heels.

“Here, they’re a size 5, I’m sure they’ll fit you?” Mrs Brock smiled at El before handing them to her.
“A-are you sure?” Eleanor muttered, staring what the shoes that looked expensive in her hand.

Mrs Brock laughed, shaking her head. “Of course! You look lovely by the way dear, now Kennedy is leaving in about 15 minutes, make sure you’re not late sweetheart, see you soon.” she rambled before exiting the room leaving a rather much happier Eleanor.

Slipping on the shoes she looked at herself in the mirror, feeling quite proud that she looked to some extent “put together”. Smoothing down the dress out of habit she gave herself a smile as she descended the stairs.

“Hey El, you read-...” Kennedy asked her as she appeared in the room. “Fucking hell, you look lovely.”
She went to speak until she noticed Garrett on the sofa, his mouth slightly ajar.

Now Garrett sure may have been slightly socially awkward yet it was not every day that a girl took his breath away and made him speechless, he stared at her, noticing a blush was creeping up on her cheeks but he couldn’t just tear his eyes away. She looked gorgeous, no, flawless. The way her dress and lips matched her hair, how her eyes had a sparkle to them, how long her legs looked for such a small girl. It was the first time the boy had been speechless and he did not know what to do.

“Y-y-eah, you look, gor-lovely El.” he finally managed to blurt out, rubbing the back of his neck, he was now blushing.

The two stared at each other, a blush on both their faces yet a small smile painted on both their lips.

“Shall we erm, go then?” Kenny spoke, breaking the silence and a somewhat awkward moment for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

oh awkward gare bare.

Image