Status: In Progress(:

Beauty and a Beat

Chapter Two.

I woke up and looked at my clock. 3 pm. I went in the bathroom and showered. I changed into a pair of zebra shorts and a black tee shirt. I walked down to my kitchen down the hall just past Justin’s room. I went in and made me some cereal. After I ate I went to Justin’s room and knocked on the door.

“WHAT?” I heard someone yell. “Just seeing if you were awake. I was gonna show you to where my kitchen is!” I said and walked back to my room. I turned on the tv and painted my nails. I got done and went downstairs. There was a note on the counter.

(Amber, you and Justin behave, gone for a meeting be home around lunchtime. He would be home soon. I sat on the couch and started watching tv. My phone went off.

From:Dad
To:Amber
Msg: I’m in the driveway, we are going out to dinner tonight at the fanciest restaurant in town about a 1 hour drive, taking a limo, I am going to pick up a friend and your half sister, Katy and be back around 5 to pick you and Justin up, dress nice, and be ready.

To:Dad
Msg:Kay.

I ran upstairs to Justin’s room and barged in. “JUSTIN!” I yelled.
“What?”
“Dad is picking us up around 5 because we are going out to dinner tonight, its a fancy restaurant we need to look and dress nice, so I would say for you to wear a tux.”
“Okay..”
“I’m gonna go get ready. Meet me in the hall at 4 45”
“Kay”

I ran back to my room and hopped into the shower. I got out and curled my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. I ran back to my room and grabbed a purple racerback dress that came a little bit above my mid thigh. I looked in the mirror and put on my necklace that I got from my mom when I was 5 before my parents split. I went into the hall and didn’t see Justin. I looked downstairs. There he was.

I heard a loud gasp. What was he gawking at was something wrong with me?
“What? Is something wrong with me?” I asked.
“No, you look, amazing!” He said
I blushed and walked down the steps. I got downstairs and me and Justin walked outside to see my dad waiting in the car. Justin opened the door for me. I got in the limo and then Justin got in and sat across from me. I looked at the passenger seat.

“Dad, who is this woman?” I asked
“This is Becca I work with her”
“Is she your girlfriend?” I asked trying not to cry.
“No just a friend from work.” He was sweating. That meant he was lying.
“Dad, I know your lying how long have you guys been seeing each other?” I asked trying to hide my anger and sadness.
“About 9 months”
I looked at justin who now had his hand on my knee. My phone went off.

From:Justin
To:Amber
Msg: I know how you feel I’ll tell you later. I feel your pain.

I looked up at Justin and my eyes were watery. I felt a lump in my throat and I was holding back the tears. About an hour later we got to the restaurant. We got inside and I sat beside Justin. My dad and Becca on the other side of the table. We were sitting down and somehow Justin knew that I was still upset. He wasn’t really the jerk everyone thinks he is. He’s sweet and caring. He must have known I was bummed though because he grabbed my hand and held it rubbing circles on my thumb. Not letting go even to eat. We all made small talk at dinner and It calmed me down with Justin holding my hand. Maybe he isn’t as bad as I thought.

We left the restaurant and got back into the car. This time Justin sitting beside me. He held my hand in the car too. When Becca got out he let go so that way nobody would see. About 30 minutes later we got home. I slipped my shoes off at the door and ran up to my room i changed into my hello kitty pajamas and layed down. I started crying. I couldn’t help but cry. Why didn’t my dad tell me about this. About 9 months, almost a year. Why didn’t he tell me. It’s not fair and doesn’t make any sense. I heard a soft knock on my door. I looked out the eyehole. Justin. I opened the door drying up my tears. He shut the door behind him and stood by the door.

“You can come in” I said
“Yeah but uh, well, you said if i come in your room you’ll chop off my balls and feed them to sharks”
I laughed thinking about the time i said that.
“It’s fine Justin, I’m not gonna do that.” I laughed.

He came and sat down on my bed.

“Amber, I know what your going through. My parents split when I was very very little, and my dad got remarried and he didn’t tell me about Erin until weeks before his wedding. I punched him in the face and ran to the woods and started crying. I felt like he was going to put me last. But I learned he didn’t he still loves me. If you ever need anyone to talk to you can talk to me.” Justin said.

“Thanks Justin, it really means, a lot.” I said trying to hold back tears.

He opened his arms and i hugged him and started crying. I couldn’t help it. I was just so upset. I have never felt so comfortable before. Crying to someone. It’s like with Justin I can be myself and he won’t judge me. I really think he is a nice guy. Not so bad after all. Maybe the me who used to like Justin is starting to come back.

“Sorry for crying” I said.
“It’s fine really” He said.

I layed down in my bed and curled up next to Justin my head in his chest. I have never felt so comfortable in my life. I just felt at peace. He kissed my forehead right as I fell asleep.