Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

The Truth Behind The Numbers

Laying in his arms was the best feeling ever, and those "new" moves he showed me last night, yeah that was pretty awesome too. This was perfect, but I couldn't shake the thought of going to Europe from my head. I would be gone for his birthday and over the past few days we had been pretty much inseparable. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I sighed.
"Europe. I like having you around too much. I think I'm worried that I going to miss you like crazy."

I heard him snicker. "If you didn't miss me I would be worried. We'll be okay. We have Skype and texting and emails, it's only two weeks. It will fly by.

"What about your birthday?" I asked

"What About it? It's just another day, and when you get back we can celebrate. Maybe spend some time at the lake if you get some time off.

"That would be nice." I snuggled in closer as he wrapped his arm around me. "I should get up, I have practice in an hour. What are you going to do while I'm away?" I pulled the blanket back and stretched, kissing him before I got out of bed.

"I'm going to and check out of the hotel and I'll probably catch up with Pat and see how my schedule is looking for the next month or so. Oh, and I'll make reservations for dinner tonight. How doe's Murietta's sound? The guys and I love going there when we are in town."

I came out of the bathroom with my toothbrush in my mouth. "Sounds good" I mumbled smiling a goofy toothpaste filled grin. I grabbed a pair of sweat shorts off the floor and headed back into the bathroom. I rinsed my mouth and then walked back into my bedroom, rummaging through my dresser for a sports bra. Sid said nothing to me, he just stared. I felt my face flush, but I tried not to look at him. I knew that if I saw the way he was looking at me there would be no way I would make it to practice on time.

Out of nowhere I heard him chuckle. "I think you should go to practice wearing that." His eyes were bright and I saw his eyebrows were raised.

"Nice try babe, I think that I would be cut from the team if I showed up in this. Get your butt out of bed, it's not fair that you get to lay there and I have to go work my ass off for the next few hours."

He sighed. "Fine fine. I'll get up. Do you want a smoothie?" He came up and kissed my cheek, grabbing his boxers off the floor and waltzing into my kitchen.

"Yes please." I finished tying up my hair and could hear the blender going. I walked into the living room to see a sight I would never get sick of. Sidney Crosby standing in nothing but his boxers in my kitchen making me a smoothy. I felt a smile creep across my face while I stared at him.

-----September 2003-----

"I can't believe I have to pick a new number. I've been, I mean, we've been number nine since we were kids." He whined to me over the phone. He had only been gone for four days and already he had called me six times.

"Well, just pick a new one. It shouldn't be that hard." I took another bite of my apple and tried to focus on the latest episode of Days of Our Lives.

"It is more difficult than you think. It can't have a three in because I hate threes, which means it also can't be twelve or twenty one because they both add us to three." I could tell he was getting flustered, this was really bothering him. Sid and his crazy OCD. He had some of the most stupid pre game rituals I had ever heard of.

"Relax Sid. Give me a few minutes to think about it. Tell me how your first week has been? Is your billet family nice?"

"Yeah, they're great. They have two boys who are six and eight. And the guys on the team are pretty cool too."

"Okay Sid, your new number will be eighty seven."

"How the hell did you get eighty seven out of that conversation?" He questioned, his tone suddenly serious.

"I didn't get it out of anything you said. I just wrote down some numbers, like my birthday and your birthday and all that sort of thing. Your birthday is August sevent nineteen eighty seven. So it's eight-seven eighty seven, which is what you can tell people when they ask you what your number stands for. But really, the eight is for August for your birthday, and the seven is for my birthday which of course is May seventh. Plus it will have seven and eight in it which means the next number would be nine, our old number." I hear him gulp.

"You figured all that out in the two minutes I had to tell you about the family I was living with?"

I laughed on the other end of the phone. "Remember who had to tutor who at math Sid. Yes I figured that out, and if you don't like my idea you can pick another number.

"No, I love it. You are truly brilliant. What would I do without you Kel?"

'I don't know Sid. Live a life full of misery and sadness I suppose." I chucked.

"Funny Kel, very funny."

---------

"Thanks for the smoothie." I kissed his lips, they tasted like strawberries.

"You're welcome." He pulled me in and squeezed my ass. "Now go kill it at practice. I'll be here when you get back." I groaned and pulled away.

Reaching for the door I looked back and smiled. "I love you."

I huge grin was on his face. "I love you more." he replied. Sending my heart into places it had never been. I winked before closing the door and making my way to practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello there my dear readers. So up next for Sid and Kel is dinner with Andrea before a fun date day and then Kelly is off to Europe.....where some tensions will grow as they will be seperated for the first time since their reunion. So stay tuned!!!
Much love as always to those recommend and subscribe, and comment!