Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Europe

Thank God I had Andrea to help entertain me on the flight to Frankfurt, otherwise I'm not sure I would have survived. Once we landed we only had an hour to catch our connection to Zurich. It was good that our day was so hectic, I didn't allow me to think about missing Sid.

Our bus picked us up outside the airport and I took the opportunity to turn on my phone and check my messages. I smiled when I saw Sid had texted to say that he was home and that he missed me already. I looked at my watch, not even sure what the time difference was decided to send a message anyways. He did say that it didn't matter what time we got in, he wanted me to let him know that I had arrived safely. I clicked reply.

Kel: Made it safe and sound, just about to head to the hotel. I'll Facetime you after dinner tomorrow. I love you.

I hit send as the bus was pulling out of the loading area.

Our schedule was busy and after we checked in we had dinner and a team meeting, by the time I got back to my room I was exhausted. Climbing into bed I looked over at Andrea. "This is pretty freakin' amazing. I'm so happy we get to experience this together."

She looked up from her laptop "Me too. You know it's only like four in the afternoon back home right? I can't believe you're actually going to bed."

"I've got my trusty sleeping pills, best way to get over the jetlag." I yawned, pulling the blankets up to my chin. I put my earbuds in and flicked through my playlist until I found 'Kel and Sid's Playlist' "Good night Andrea, see ya in the morning." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

-----Summer 2002-----

"Kelly can you set the table please?"

"Huh?"

"Set the table. Please! Take those things out of your ears! What are you listening to anyways?" My mom was mad now and I ripped the earbuds from my ears.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a mixed CD that Sid put together for me. You know, makes me miss him a bit less. It's weird not having him around."

My mom pulled the lasagne from the oven and eyed me suspiciously. "Do you want to talk about the feelings you have for Sidney?"

I gasped and looked at her in disgust. "God Mom! No! We're just friends! And besides, even if we were more than friends you would probably be the last person I would want to talk to about it. No offense or anything."

She smiled and started passing me plates and glasses. "One day you'll want to talk about those things with me. So don't worry, I don't take offense to it. Just get your head out of the clouds and start setting the table. Please."

I started to laugh and grabbed the placemats out of the drawer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, I know it's short....so sorry. But on the other hand I think the next couple chapters will be pretty amazing. So thanks for sticking with me