Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Sibling Rivalry

Poor Sid, he didn't even see it coming. I winked as I saw Taylor come up behind him and poor the leftover pancake batter over his head. I couldn't help but laugh when he ran his hand through his hair and started screaming. "Argh! Taylor! What the hell? How'd you get back in the house? I thought I locked you out!"
"Oh brother, you forgot to lock the garage door. You should know better." She replied with a smile as she raced to the other side of the breakfast bar. I saw Sid grab an egg from the carton that was left on the counter and bounce it in his hands. "You just broke up my Facetime date. You should apologize to Kelly." I heard her sigh as she picked up the phone and I saw her face on the screen. "Hey Kelly, you look good! Long time no see. I hope my brother is nicer to you than he is to me. I'm sorry I broke up this little love fest, but I couldn't help myself. Can you forgive me?" She asked. I smiled back at her. "Of course I can, I can never be mad you. But you might want to turn around....and duck!" I caught sight of Sid launching the egg at her before she threw the phone on the counter. I now had a nice view of the track lights above the stove, but didn't disconnect the call because their laughter and fighting made me smile.

-----August 7, 2003-----

♪Happy birthday dear Sid, Happy birthday to you!♪ Mrs. Crosby brought the cake out and placed it in front of him "Make a wish honey." Sid rolled his eyes at her. "Honey? Are you trying to make my near non existant social life even worse?" He questioned.
"I'm your mom and I can call you whatever I want, for as long as I want. So get used to it. Now make a wish blow out the candles. Honey." Sid smiled at her before looking at me. Our eyes locked before he took a deep breath and blew all but one candle out. His face turned red before he looked back at me.
Taylor broke our silence "Mommy can I have a piece? Please please?"
"Hold on Tay, Sid gets the first piece." She handed him his plate before cutting a small piece for Taylor. She took her plate and sat on the stairs of the deck. Mrs. Crosby gave me my piece and as I walked by Sid I ruffled his hair and sat down beside Taylor on the stairs. "It's good isn't it?" I asked, taking a bite of the chocolate cake. "Uh huh, I love chocolate. It's my favourite." She replied.
"Mine too." I said pointing my fork at her. She giggled and took another bite of her cake.
"Are you going to marry my brother?" she asked. I nearly choked and started coughing so hard that everyone came over to see if I was okay. I shook my head at Taylor as if to say "No" and she smiled back. I was still coughing though and was glad when Sid handed me a glass of water. "I'm fine, really." I put my hand up and stood up to try regain my compsure.

"What was that all about?" Sid asked me awhile later once I could breath and talk again.
"Nothing, Taylor just made me laugh. She's a cool kid."
"Yeah, I guess she's okay. She keeps asking if she can come play hockey with us though. Maybe we'll let her play goalie one day."
"I think that's the least we can do. She adores you so much."
"Yeah, yeah, you're just jealous cuz you don't have any siblings." He wrapped his arm around the back of my neck and pulled me towards him so the sides of our heads were touching as we walked back into his house.

----------

"I hope you're going to wash my couches! You're a goalie, you're supposed to stop shots!"
"Not when you're chucking eggs at my head!" I could only imagine the state of Sid's house. They had been having a full on food fight for the last ten minutes and in between their prophanities I heard a lot of laughing. Taylor and Sid always had fun together, even with their age difference.

The noise quieted down and I saw Sid's face come back on the screen. His face was covered in batter and egg yolks and his hair was, well, it had seen better days. "Hey can I call you back in twenty minutes?" He wiped the batter off of his face and smiled.

"Of course. I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if I kept looking at you like that anyways."

"What? You wouldn't still love me if I looked like this all the time?" He pouted.

"I'd still love you babe, I'd just laugh at you whenever I looked at you. Now go and shower. Tell Taylor I say hi and I miss her."

"Yeah yeah, tell her yourself. I'll text you her number."

"Okay. Twenty minutes. Love you."

"Love you more. Twenty minutes. I promise."

I hit end on my phone and let out the fit of giggles that I was trying so hard to hold back. Taylor and Sid always had a way of making me laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the introduction of Taylor and Kelly's relationship. They are so cute, but so are Sid and Taylor too. I always wanted a brother lol.