Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

Chapter 5

The next day, when the boys walked into the conference room, they saw Silver sitting at the table again. She was writing quickly in her notebook, completely ignoring everyone else around her. Maybe she wasn't ignoring everyone because she did seem shy around the cast. She had a hard time maintaining eye contact for long periods of time or sit still. Sean called out to her as they got closer. Her head shot up then her eyes dropped to her notebook a second before she slammed it shut. She looked back at them and smiled.

At lunch she pulled another disappearing act and, once again, they found her outside on the bench. As they strolled up to her, they both saw she was writing again. Her head was tilted to the side slightly and she was bobbing it to music only she could hear. Norman wanted to know what she was writing but he wasn't going to ask. He was a private person and she seemed the same so he could respect that. She looked up and smiled at them, but once again, they noticed she closed up her notebook.

" What are you writing there, Sil?" Sean asked as they sat on either side of her. She shrugged.

" Just stuff." She said.

" What kind of stuff?" Sean asked. She laughed slightly.

" My stuff." She said.

XXXXXX

Silver was standing by Nick when Norman came into the bar later that night. Sean had met him there and the two of them were walking towards her. Nick and her were talking together as they mixed up drinks. She laughed at something he said when the boys sat down in front of them. Sean sat in front of Nick, Norman in front of Silver.

" We didn't know you worked here too, Nick." Sean said.

" Yeah. Silver got me the job a while ago." He said.

Silver was looking at them but her eyes shifted over the boys' head suddenly. Her smiled faded and she quickly ducked down to the floor. Sean and Norman looked at each other then pulled themselves up to look over the counter. She had her back pressed against it and was sitting with her knees drawn up to her chest. Nick shook his head and nodded to behind them. Both boys sat down and glanced behind them as a blond guy came up to the bar.

" Hey, Nick. Silver here?" The guy asked as he looked around.

" Ah, Jason, you just missed her. She left for the night." Nick said as he put down the tumbler he had been shaking.

" Come on, I just saw her. I looked away for two seconds and she was gone." Jason said. Nick sighed then reached down. He yanked Silver up and spun her around at the same time.

" Oh, hi." Silver said uncomfortably. Jason leaned against the counter, with a smile.

" Hey. What were you doing down there?" He asked. Silver shrugged.

" Just looking for something." She said.

" Right. So when are we going out?" Jason asked. Sean and Norman watched as Silver shook her head.

" Come on, Jason. I tell you no every fucking day."

" And I'm not going to stop until you get a boyfriend or you go out with me." Jason said.

" Funny thing about that." Nick said as he spoke up. " See, Silver and I just started dating." He draped his arm around her shoulders. Silver looked at him quickly then back at Jason.

" Yeah, that's right." Silver said, slipping her arm around his waist. Norman frowned.

" Since when?" Jason snapped.

" Since....last night." Silver said.

" Yeah, we were just making out last night." Norman's stomach dropped slightly. He had planned on asking her out. He had thought Nick and her were just friends. Jason didn't looked so convinced.

" You two were making out?" He asked.

" Yep." Silver said. " We were, like, making out from..." She looked up at Nick whose eyebrows went up.

" From like 9-10." Nick filled in as he looked back at Jason. Norman caught on. He knew that wasn't true. He had talked to her from 8 to after 10.

" For an hour? You two were making out for an hour?" Jason asked.

" Well yeah. You know, I find that anymore than an hour and you know, your mouth starts to cramp up." Nick said with a shrug.

" I don't believe you." Jason said. " Show me." Nick and Silver looked at each other then back at Jason as they pulled apart.

" Well, see, I took her face like this," Nick put his hands up like he was going to caught a ball. " And then I..." He shook his hands slightly. Silver briefly closed her eyes to see her friend failing. She quickly opened them up after a few seconds and jumped in.

" Yeah, and then we just.....well you know........see Nick.........he.......ah........ stuck his tongue in my mouth..."

" And that was it." Nick finished up.

" You shook her head? That's a weird way to make out." Jason said. Sean and Norman were watching with amusement as the friends tried to flounder through the story.

" Yeah. I like.....it." Silver said slowly. She tighten her small mouth and shook her head. She knew the story sounded stupid.

" Kiss now than." Jason said. Both Silver and Nick swallowed hard.

" Like right now?" Silver asked.

" Yeah." Jason crossed his arms over his chest. Both Sean and Norman were trying to hide their smirks. Jason was standing on Norman's left side.

" You mean, like right now or like an hour from now maybe?" Nick asked.

" Right now. You two kiss and I will stop asking Silver out." Jason said. Nick and Silver turns towards each other, both growing paler by the second.

" Yeah, sure, we can do this. Piece of cake." Nick said. " This is a completely good idea." Silver nodded but had a pained expression on her face.

" Good idea." She repeated softly.

" Okay, then, I'm just going to kiss you now, just like I was doing last night." Nick said.

There was a spilt second were Silver swallowed hard like she was trying not to throw up. Nick grimaced but brought his hands up to her face. She jumped and almost pulled away. She took a hold of his wrists. She leaned away slightly as Nick brought his mouth down to hers. The three boys watched as Silver slammed her eyes shut and pressed her mouth to Nick's.

" Well I'll be damn." Jason said softly when the fake couple parted their lips. " Mother fucker." He muttered as he walked away.

Immediately Nick and Silver yanked away from each other. He was wiping his mouth as she grabbed two shot glasses. He grabbed a bottle of whiskey at the same time she started wiping her mouth. He quickly pour them both a shot then put the whiskey down. Then they each picked up a shot glass. They clicked them together then took the liquor into their mouths. Nick and Silver shoosed the whiskey around then bent over and spit it out into the sink before they faced each other again.

" We will never talk about this again." Nick said at the same time she said,

" The other two will not know about this." They quickly shook hands then walked away from each other.

" Holy shit, did you see her face?" Sean asked. Norman nodded as he watched her disappear around the corner.

" That was fucking funny." He agreed with his friend.

" That guy must be stupid because you could tell they didn't want to kiss or that they liked it." Sean said.

" Silver looked like she wanted to throw up." Norman said with a smile.