‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Elle

After the Winter Ball they had a week off for Christmas. During that time a lot of things had changed. Emmi and Adam’s relationship status for one. Frankie and Jamie’s status as a couple could be in jeopardy as well. Kevin and Cass looked to be getting together and Elle was turning over a new leaf. She was the new, better, kinder Elle.

She realized how much good she had done for Emmi specifically, even to Cass. She meant bad things when she started the rumor but she ended up catching Adam in a lie that could have gone on for much longer. She wanted to be the good guy instead of the bad guy.

After the break, Jamie, Emmi and Cass let Elle join their little friend group. She needed better friends and they wanted to show her what real friendships were like.

“You’re the slutty friend we’ve almost wanted” Jamie started. They sat together at lunch the first day back after the winter break.

Elle smiled. “I’m here to answer all your sex questions”

“Well…” Jamie started. “Before winter ball Frankie and I were talking sex” she said. “I’m scared though”

“I would wait” Elle said. “Sex isn’t that great unless you wait”

“How do you know?” Emmi asked. “I heard a rumor you lost it freshmen year”

“Eighth grade to be more exact…it sucked, you’re not missing anything” Jamie chuckled.

“Good…I don’t even know if I’m with Frankie right now”

“Have you talked to him?”

“No…I feel kind of betrayed by him” Jamie admitted. “He’s my boyfriend, Emmi’s my best friend, he should have told me”

“He should have”

“The fact that you told me is unbelieveable” Emmi said. “Wait, where’s Kylan?”

“I have no idea” Elle said. “The last time I saw him he was leaving Winter Ball holding Kylan’s hand”

“I haven’t spoken to him since Winter ball…hope he didn’t die”

Kylan skipped into the cafeteria. He was like a ray of sunshine. Let’s be honest, Kylan and sunshine in the same sentence…no.

Kylan sat with his good friends. “I’m going to pretend Elle isn’t sitting with us” he said. “I’m so happy”

“What happened during the break?” Cass asked.

“Well, after winter ball Ryan took me to his house…his parents were out for the night”

“NO WAY!” Emmi, Jamie and Elle exclaimed at the same time.

“I lost my V-card…I am now on Elle’s level” Elle wasn’t even offended.

“You go Glen Coco!”



Adam watched as Elle hung out with all of his old friends at lunch. He was now banished with Kevin and Frankie.

“We have a lot of cleaning up to do” Kevin said. “Literally” he picked up the trash from his lunch.

“Jamie’s going to break up with me…I can feel it”

“You can fix things” Adam said. “Use me as your excuse…Emmi will never get with me…I was hoping she would be one of those girls that can see into my soul and see I’ve changed and I won’t do it again”

“Emmi won’t have any of your bullshit…hey are you going to eat that?” Adam pushed his tray to Kevin. “Sweet!”

Frankie looked at Jamie and sighed. “We fucked up bad. Honesty is the best policy…according to my mom. Oh and by the way my mom isn’t talking to me either” Kevin chuckled.

Elle got up from the lunch table. Adam ran across the cafeteria to talk to her. “Hey what’s Emmi talking about?” he asked. “Is she okay? Does she still hate me?”

“Of she hates you alright” Elle threw out her trash. “What do you want to know?”

“Well…is she doing ok?”

“She thinks you’re a pig and she regrets liking you” Elle said. Adam sighed. “You fucked up big time Mr. Marvelli” Elle walked away.



The new popularity list came out for that week. Since Elle’s revelation she cared less about the list but she wanted to know how Adam was doing. He had dropped from being #1 to being #2. Guess who took his spot? Guess? Did you guess right?

The girl who slept with Adam.

“Ashley Evans?” Elle asked herself. She was #3 for the longest time. She’s a blond sophomore who fits the description. “No way” everything about Ashley fit Adam’s type. Blond, flirty, popular. She went across the cafeteria to Adam’s table. “Ashley Evans” Adam looked down at the table and sighed again. Elle rolled up the piece of paper and hit him over the head.

Elle marched to Emmi. “Ashley Evans” she dropped the list on the table. “She’s blond, flirty, slutty, popular and she’s #1” Emmi took the list. “He also looked so guilty when I asked”

“Who is she?”

“Some slutty sophomore” Kylan took the list.

“Hey I moved into the 20’s…I mean I don’t care”

“You shouldn’t…all this popularity shit…is…well..it’s shit”
♠ ♠ ♠
6 more chapters left to upload and a sequel