‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Jamie

Tis the last week of school and a lot is happening. Ex-couples are getting back together and old friendships are reuniting. Unfortunately one couple won’t make it to the summer.

Kylan and Jamie stared at the junior class bulletin for a while. They stared at the final popularity list of the year and hopefully forever. No one knew who wrote the list, but many thought it was a senior. Now he would graduate and leave the all alone.

“I can’t believe I’m #10” Kylan said. “How does that work”

“I thought you didn’t like the stupid lists?” Kylan side smirked.

“I don’t, but it’s cool being liked for being a sarcastic ass hole”

“Yeah it must be fun…I gotta say so myself, I feel nice at #30” Kyla put his arm around Jamie and pulled her close.

“I can’t wait for the summer to start. We’ve had an interesting school year”

“We have”

“Oh look, Emmi is in the top ten still…lucky bastard”

“And it looks like Adam is back as number one. I hate them both” Kylan smiled.

“So did you get a piece of Frankie’s baby batter yet?” Jamie took Kylan’s arm off her shoulder.

“No”

“Come on, I need to hear about sex from someone” the two started down the hallway.

“Get your own life, Ky” Ky and Jamie past Ryan in the hallway. “Just get back together with him”

“I don’t know” Jamie pushed Kylan towards Ryan.

“Take a chance”

Ky fell onto his knees. “You ok?” ryan asked.

“Not really” he stood up. “I wanted to talk to you about…us”

“Well, I needed to talk to you, too” Ryan pulled out a picture of him and Kylan at winter ball. “I miss us”

“I miss us too…is it a mutual decision?” Ryan kissed Kylan’s lips.

“Yes, let’s work it out for the sake of all the closeted gay people in this school”



Elle walked into the cafeteria. She didn’t want to sit with Emmi and Jamie but at the same time she didn’t want to sit by herself.

She sucked it up and sat with Lex and Sadie. “hey” she said. “I—“

“Apology accepted” Lex said. Elle smiled.

“So I heard this freshman girl is pregnant”

“No way!”

“Yeah her name is Sophia Wallace”

“That blond headed bitch?” Lex asked. “Knew it” Elle giggled. It felt nice being apart of their group again. Elle needed Lex, Lex needed Elle.

On the other side of the cafeteria, Kevin joined the lunch table with Cass. She wasn’t eating but that was normal. She said she skipped lunch everyday to study and do homework she didn’t do, but we know that’s a lie.

“Hey” he said. “So I was wondering…on the topic of lunch…we are starting to get pretty serious and you’ve met my parents why don’t I meet yours?” Cass froze. This couldn’t be, she wouldn’t let this happen.

“I don’t want to get serious” Cass said and she kind of regret it as she was saying it.

“Oh…so”

“I don’t want a relationship”

“Oh” Kevin got up and sat with Adam and Frankie that day. Cass tried to choke back the tears. Was her home life that bad that she had to hide it?



Emmi was pulling an all nighter studying for her Biology exam in a few days. She got a call from Jamie around midnight.

“Hey Jamie, what’s up”

“I had sex” she said. Emmi shot up from her desk.

“No way”

“Yeah way”
♠ ♠ ♠
1 more chapter...