‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Jace/Jarrek

As things went back to normal, and I was at a more decent weight, I was in high spirits. I currently stood in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at my now chin-length hair. "What's wrong, Jace?" Liam asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I look gross," I replied, giggling, playing with my hair and making stupid faces. "I mean, I never could pull this look off, even as a kid."

"I like it. Something for me to pull on," he said, tugging on it. I stuck my tongue out at him in the mirror before turning and facing him, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. I could tell he was about to kiss me back when his phone starting ringing. "God damn it," he said, pulling his phone out. It was a blocked number, and he stared at it blankly.

Taking the phone away from him, I answered it, saying, "I don't know who you are, but I will find you and I will kill you." I then hung up, turned his phone off, and set it down. "Now, where were we?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I think I remember," he replied, closing the bathroom door and pressing me against it. Pressing kisses along my jawline, he trapped my arms above my head and ground his hips against mine, making my moans permeate the air around us.

Time Elapse

After a few rounds, we were currently laying on the floor of the kitchen. Yes, we went to every place possible and it was absolutely fantastic. "Never thought I'd feel like that again," Liam said, looking at me with a twinkle in his eye. I winked at him.

"You got to know what you're doing," I said, causing both of us to chuckle. Standing up, we went to the bathroom to get redressed. Liam picked up his phone and turned it back on, only to find three new voice mails. "Jarrek, I presume?"

"Most likely," he said, calling it. He put the phone on speaker and we listened.

"Liam, it's Jarrek. Listen, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I was just so upset that Jace had come back and ruined what good had come between us. I miss you.

Liam, please pick up. I really want to talk to you. Maybe we can [hic] get coffee tomorrow, or tonight. I still [hic] love you. I lied when I said I dated you out of pity.

I'm on my way over. Hopefully you're home alone so we can talk privately. [hic] You were the greatest thing to ever happen to me, Liam.
"

After listening to all three messages and deleting them all, we realized he was going to be here in about ten minutes. "Do you want me to leave?" I asked, causing Liam to look at me. He shook his head.

"Maybe hide out in the bedroom or in a dark part of the house, just in case I need some help," he replied, causing me to nod. He pulled me close and pressed a soft, tender kiss to my lips. It was so full of love that I practically melted right there at his feet. "I love you, Jace," he said after we pulled apart.

"I love you, too, Liam. So very much." I smiled at him before pressing a kiss to his chest. We heard a knock on the door and I whispered, "It's showtime."

Jarrek

When Liam answered the door, I had to blink my eyes a couple of times because I was seeing double. "Jace here?" I asked, my words slurring.

"He left about an hour ago to get some food," he said, stepping aside to allow me to come through. "Why are you here, Jarrek?" he asked, sounding a bit pissed off.

"Because, Liam," I said, getting flustered as I staggered over to the couch and sat down. "I screwed up, and I need to make it all better." I could feel Liam's angry gaze upon my face, but I refused to look at him.

"You should know by now, especially after the last three times you've come over, that that's never going to happen. Now that things have worked out between Jace and I, I'm perfectly happy and I hope that I will be able to soon settle down with him."

"Settle down with Jace? What has that little fuck ever done to deserve you? He left you to your pain and sadness when your dad died, and then all of a sudden, comes back and everything is all hunky-dory!" I said, standing up and making my way over to Liam. "Well, you know what? I'm not okay with that!"

"I don't care if you're okay with that!" Liam roared, causing me to take a couple steps back. "You used me because I was vulnerable. When Jace showed up, you shoved me away like an old rag. And guess what? I have never been happier. Now, get the fuck out our home, or I will grab you by your scrawny little neck and throw you out the third floor window!"

I threw my hands in the air, trying to keep him from killing me. I walked over to the opened door and paused. "You just lost a good friend, Liam," I said, meeting his gaze.

"When were we ever friends, Jarrek?" he asked, his eyes hardened against all emotion. I waved a small wave and walked out, knowing that this was the last time I would ever see Jace and Liam ever again.